Fordmods Logo

My NL Fairlane. 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: My NL Fairlane.
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:36 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline
User avatar

Age: 26

Posts: 24

Joined: 17th Sep 2009

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1997 NL Ford Fairlane

Location: Carrum Downs
VIC, Australia

Hey Guys,
This is my 1997 NL Ford Fairlane, my first car, I got her off my mum about a year ago. At first when I was on my Ls at school I wanted a vs commodore but then I started to learn in the lane and fell in love and had to convince mum to get a new car so i could keep the lane.
This is her when I first got my Ps.
Image
Image
She was a boat.
First mod was the the 2.5' redback exhaust system to give it a nice note, with twin chrome tip.
Then i put a new headunit in it, and some 6x9s on the parcel shelf which kept me happy for awhile.
Then I decided to buy some superlow king springs to bring her back Down to earth and make her look alot nicer.
Image
Image
Lowered. Superlows all round.

Last weekend, she got a major service changed all the oil, and all the filters runs alot nicer now, but that didn't take aslong as we thought it would so we decided to wash my engine bay and and paint most of the plastics came up a treat...
Image
Image

Eventually I will get some new wheels. And I don't know what else... Anyone have suggestions...
But anyway that's my lane :)
Cheers Jesse.

 

_________________

Woooowooooo

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My NL Fairlane.
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:42 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 47

Joined: 2nd Aug 2010

Ride: BF2 Fairmont Ghia

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

20% tint

 

_________________

Mercury Silver Jan 1992 EB1 Fairmont sedan - Project
Silouette July 2007 BF2 Fairmont Ghia sedan - Daily

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My NL Fairlane.
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:48 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline
User avatar

Age: 26

Posts: 24

Joined: 17th Sep 2009

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1997 NL Ford Fairlane

Location: Carrum Downs
VIC, Australia

Yeh a nice dark tint would be nice.

 

_________________

Woooowooooo

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My NL Fairlane.
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 55

Posts: 1566

Joined: 12th Apr 2008

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

Location: Wattle Grove
NSW, Australia

18" Typhoon rims + dumped :mrgreen:

 

_________________

Image
NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
ZD build thread under construction at post1136180.html#p1136180

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My NL Fairlane.
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:54 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 108

Joined: 20th Mar 2010

Ride: 2002 Au Ford Falcon Ute

Location: Morayfield
QLD, Australia

iamjesse wrote:
Hey Guys,
This is my 1997 NL Ford Fairlane, my first car, I got her off my mum about a year ago. At first when I was on my Ls at school I wanted a vs commodore but then I started to learn in the lane and fell in love and had to convince mum to get a new car so i could keep the lane.
This is her when I first got my Ps.
Image
Image
She was a boat.
First mod was the the 2.5' redback exhaust system to give it a nice note, with twin chrome tip.
Then i put a new headunit in it, and some 6x9s on the parcel shelf which kept me happy for awhile.
Then I decided to buy some superlow king springs to bring her back Down to earth and make her look alot nicer.
Image
Image
Lowered. Superlows all round.

Last weekend, she got a major service changed all the oil, and all the filters runs alot nicer now, but that didn't take aslong as we thought it would so we decided to wash my engine bay and and paint most of the plastics came up a treat...
Image
Image

Eventually I will get some new wheels. And I don't know what else... Anyone have suggestions...
But anyway that's my lane :)
Cheers Jesse.




While you are at it, you may aswell paint the rocker cover!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My NL Fairlane.
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:54 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline
User avatar

Age: 26

Posts: 24

Joined: 17th Sep 2009

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1997 NL Ford Fairlane

Location: Carrum Downs
VIC, Australia

New rims would be lovely I'm gonna start saving. It's so hard to save on apprentice wages.

 

_________________

Woooowooooo

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My NL Fairlane.
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6166

Joined: 8th May 2007

Philchars wrote:
iamjesse wrote:
Hey Guys,
This is my 1997 NL Ford Fairlane, my first car, I got her off my mum about a year ago. At first when I was on my Ls at school I wanted a vs commodore but then I started to learn in the lane and fell in love and had to convince mum to get a new car so i could keep the lane.
This is her when I first got my Ps.
Image
Image
She was a boat.
First mod was the the 2.5' redback exhaust system to give it a nice note, with twin chrome tip.
Then i put a new headunit in it, and some 6x9s on the parcel shelf which kept me happy for awhile.
Then I decided to buy some superlow king springs to bring her back Down to earth and make her look alot nicer.
Image
Image
Lowered. Superlows all round.

Last weekend, she got a major service changed all the oil, and all the filters runs alot nicer now, but that didn't take aslong as we thought it would so we decided to wash my engine bay and and paint most of the plastics came up a treat...
Image
Image

Eventually I will get some new wheels. And I don't know what else... Anyone have suggestions...
But anyway that's my lane :)
Cheers Jesse.




While you are at it, you may aswell paint the rocker cover!


i reckon polish it up would look better.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My NL Fairlane.
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:59 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 22

Posts: 209

Joined: 22nd Jun 2010

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 1992 Ford Fairmont

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

Hey bro, sweet ride. The engine bay looks a treat. How many kms has she got?
Thanks

 

_________________

2000 AU Falcon - 17" BA XR6 Turbo's, 2.5" Catback exhaust...
1992 EB Fairmont - Stock!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My NL Fairlane.
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:02 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline
User avatar

Age: 26

Posts: 24

Joined: 17th Sep 2009

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1997 NL Ford Fairlane

Location: Carrum Downs
VIC, Australia

She's done 260000 so a fair bit.
And a polish is a good idea.

 

_________________

Woooowooooo

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My NL Fairlane.
Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:10 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 108

Joined: 20th Mar 2010

Ride: 2002 Au Ford Falcon Ute

Location: Morayfield
QLD, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
Philchars wrote:
iamjesse wrote:
Hey Guys,
This is my 1997 NL Ford Fairlane, my first car, I got her off my mum about a year ago. At first when I was on my Ls at school I wanted a vs commodore but then I started to learn in the lane and fell in love and had to convince mum to get a new car so i could keep the lane.
This is her when I first got my Ps.
Image
Image
She was a boat.
First mod was the the 2.5' redback exhaust system to give it a nice note, with twin chrome tip.
Then i put a new headunit in it, and some 6x9s on the parcel shelf which kept me happy for awhile.
Then I decided to buy some superlow king springs to bring her back Down to earth and make her look alot nicer.
Image
Image
Lowered. Superlows all round.

Last weekend, she got a major service changed all the oil, and all the filters runs alot nicer now, but that didn't take aslong as we thought it would so we decided to wash my engine bay and and paint most of the plastics came up a treat...
Image
Image

Eventually I will get some new wheels. And I don't know what else... Anyone have suggestions...
But anyway that's my lane :)
Cheers Jesse.




While you are at it, you may aswell paint the rocker cover!


i reckon polish it up would look better.


How would you polish it? is it powdercoated? i havent seen an EL/EF engine up close too much to take notice..
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My NL Fairlane.
Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:04 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 27

Posts: 196

Joined: 16th Nov 2009

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: NL Fairlane

Location: Noosa
QLD, Australia

iamjesse wrote:
New rims would be lovely I'm gonna start saving. It's so hard to save on apprentice wages.


i know the feelin dude, after bit of saving plus tax my lane is now rollin 19" dark agents :) scrubed up a treat

Image

was deff worth goin 19's

 

_________________

Image
now has t5 manual conversion, 1521a cam, extractors, j3 etc :) the-garage-f53/nl-fairlane-t87847.html

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My NL Fairlane.
Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6166

Joined: 8th May 2007

Philchars wrote:
FordFairmont wrote:
Philchars wrote:
iamjesse wrote:

Eventually I will get some new wheels. And I don't know what else... Anyone have suggestions...
But anyway that's my lane :)
Cheers Jesse.


While you are at it, you may aswell paint the rocker cover!


i reckon polish it up would look better.


How would you polish it? is it powdercoated? i havent seen an EL/EF engine up close too much to take notice..


remove rocker cover (4 bolts) then use paint stripper to remove old stuff, then use sandpaper starting with 240 grit and work your way to 1200grit, then rub over with autosol
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My NL Fairlane.
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:43 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Posts: 10

Joined: 4th May 2007

Location: perth
WA, Australia

Hers my Fairlane if you can get any ideas from what i've done go for it she has two sets of 6 inch speakers one set of 6x9 two ten inch subs 3 amps a 22 inch tv and the interior has been changed over to full leather and dyed mostly white it sits on 265 18's 2.5 straight through system and the motor has been played with and the box has been set up to run as a manual /auto
Image
Image
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My NL Fairlane.
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:57 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Posts: 10

Joined: 4th May 2007

Location: perth
WA, Australia

this is how the interior is coming up pick what you want to do and just go for it fairlanes have a great style
Image
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My NL Fairlane.
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 55

Posts: 1566

Joined: 12th Apr 2008

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

Location: Wattle Grove
NSW, Australia

Very nice mate! V8 or 6?

 

_________________

Image
NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
ZD build thread under construction at post1136180.html#p1136180

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:45 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names