Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: My Project 92 EB Fairmont Project
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:31 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EB Fairmont V8

SA, Australia

Hey all,

Im starting to gather info for my project car i'm building.
it is a 92 eb fairmont v8 automagic the car is stock as far as i know other than i have put au injectors in it (4 pot spary instead on single pot spray that came out in it) the car also came with a spare trans and toqure convertor which i was told the spare trans has a stage 2 shift kit and the convertor that came with the spare trans in meant to be a stall(any way to check if they are or not???). the trans also has a lager sump and an oil temp bung in it for a trans temp gauge.

im also looking at getting a set of AFR 165cc "Renegade" SBF heads from the states.
i know i have to put thermo fans from an ef/el on it and that i will probs need a j3 chip to get it running with a proper tune later on

what im looking at doing is putting twin snails on it, ive had a look at mustang turbo kits but im told they dont fit in falcon bays with out mods to it..
so what im after: (sticking with efi)
detalis on building some custom exhaust manifolds where the turbo bolts on top.
turbo sizes (for around 14 - 20 psi)
what has to be moved (Battery is easy) anything else?
how to fit the intercooler behind the stock bar?
what injectors if the au ones aren't good enough?
fuel pump?
spark plugs should be ok if left the standard aftermarket??
where the oil feed comes from?
should i run two 3inch pips turbo back or two 2&1/2 inch pipes? (thinking about modin the boot floor to remove the spare wheel to fit 2 pips easier, and probably a lager fuel tank depending on how i go)

ive also heard on the grape vine that AU XR8 throttle bodys are larger and i should go with one of them and the airfloe meter is also large which will help with airflow.

the main thing about this car is i want as little body mods as possible that way it looks stock with 2 tips hanging out the back which the rear bumper which will need some tlc to make that happen. its will probs get some bigger rims and probs slightly lowered to give it a more sporty look. i dont really have a budget for it as i dont have a license atm i know the heads are 1.5k without shipping from the states so im looking at 10k easying in parts, tuning and maybe a little fabrication.

i know there are old posts about this kind of thing

i know all of yous are thinking not another guy wanting to turbo his v8 do it to a 6 but hey its what i have any help and opinions are appreciated. have i missed anything?

Thanks guys in advance

Post subject: Re: My Project 92 EB Fairmont Project
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:00 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 26 images

Ride: BA XR6T, 93 EB XR8, ZJ 351

NSW, Australia

If you build it....you should name the build thread, or the car, after your first spelling mistake....Automagic :mrgreen:
Well I can say the AU t/b helped mine, but I'd say get the whole AU intake inc manifold.

93 EB S-XR8 5 SPEED,
EBGT RIMS, AU MAF, AU T/B, BOXED POD, CAI,
ELGT EXTRACTORS & SPRINT EXHAUST

BAXR6T Lowered, Kompact BOV thats all....so far
ZJ 351 Fairlane, a work in "slow" progress

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:20 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

blueblood wrote:
If you build it....you should name the build thread, or the car, after your first spelling mistake....Automagic :mrgreen:
Well I can say the AU t/b helped mine, but I'd say get the whole AU intake inc manifold.

haha, na it wasn't a spelling mistake i intended to write it like that.
ok thanks man if i can grab the whole intake ill grab it :)
cheers

Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:26 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

hey everyone had a little bit of progress with the can, haven't really done anything engine wise..
i pulled the interior out, washed the carpet and seats then put them back in. replaced the trans because the one that was in it only had 1st and 3rd gear,but i haven't had it on the road to test it yet. and i've also put el/ef thermo fans on her. i also have a throttle body off an AU 302 to go on it but i want to put it on the dyno first to know the starting power and then the mods are going to happen so i know what is happening when i change something ill post some photos tomorrow hopefully

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]