Fordmods Logo

NAII FAIRLANE 

Page 4 of 36 [ 530 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 36  Next

Post subject: Re: NAII FAIRLANE
Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Ford Fairlane na2

TAS, Australia

it can only run 1 pair but with the amp it has a plug and some wires for the speakers do i run the speakers through the factry wires and the amp or just the amp?

NA2 fairlane - 3.9 with au headgasket & injectors, ef fans, 2.5" zorst, lowered on selby springs , kenwood head unit and 6 speakers, fusion sub, el ecu & ti chip

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NA Fairlane, DC LTD

NT, Australia

Darcy4524 wrote:
it can only run 1 pair but with the amp it has a plug and some wires for the speakers do i run the speakers through the factry wires and the amp or just the amp?

Sorry you lost me there...

What can only run one pair?

Which amp has the plug and some wires for speakers?

RCA cables take the sound from the head unit to the amp.

Speaker wire from the output side if the amp goes to the speakers.

What RCA outputs are on the head unit?

[color=#004080]Cheers, Jacob.

NA Fairlane Build thread:
the-garage-f53/my-fairlane-build-lowlane-t94891.html.
Also in the garage....
AU LTD, DC LTD, and Lowlane.

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

the amp i have can run one pair of speakers so im going to run the rear ones ive got the sub and amp there but dont want the sub in the lane so im using the amp for the speakers but i now have a spare sub for when i get a second. ive figured it out anyway i need to run the speakers through the amp which will be in the boot because i cant be bothered hiding it under a seat.

NA2 fairlane - 3.9 with au headgasket & injectors, ef fans, 2.5" zorst, lowered on selby springs , kenwood head unit and 6 speakers, fusion sub, el ecu & ti chip

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

another update im buying an amp on tuesday its better then what ive got which is good because its a 4 channel and the one i have is 2 channel.

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NT, Australia

4 channel will be good for all 4 speakers then.

I even had one running 2 speakers through the front pair and a sub bridged off the rear pair.

Bass in tha place!!!

Should sound much better when you have that hooked up 8-)

Also in the garage....

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

what im going to do is run the rear speakers off the amp and my sub. ive got my sub in at the moment it sound good with the sub very happy. what do you mean by bridged?

what i want to do mostly is run my rear speakers on the amp grab a second sub and have them hooked up or would i be better off running 2 subs and the front speakers?

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

good news everyone im very happy to say my radiator just turned up and is about to go in after i do a test. what im going to do is remove the old radiator plug up all the holes except the one on the side and fill it up with water then pour the water into a jug and measure how much it holds. i will then do the same test on the new one and let you know the results. i will be very surprised and unhappy if both radiators hold the same amount because that then means my overheating problem is some where else in the system.

wish me luck on this one.

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NT, Australia

Will be interesting to see the results of the radiator test..

Bridged is what you usually do to run a sub off an amp.

For example a 4 channel amp will have 8 wire provisions.

Front Left + and -
Front Right + and -
Rear Left + and -
Rear Right + and -

Bridging takes for example, the Rear Left Positive and the Rear Right Negative to power the sub. There is usually a low pass filter switch so only the low frequency signal goes through and allows the bass to be multiplied more for the sub.
There is usually markings for which 2 channels should be bridged to work correctly.

However some Amps are called a mono block where there is onl 1 or 2 pairs coming out and these are already crossed inside the amp so wiring is simpler..

Also in the garage....

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED V8

WA, Australia

A low pass filter just eliminates high frequencies from the signal (anything over a set point - lets say 80Hz) to allow the sub to concentrate on the frequencies it is designed to handle.

As subs are not designed to handle high frequencies (but will still try to reproduce them upon request) the reproduction becomes poor and can result in a destroyed sub, if a LPF is not employed.

Using an LPF really doesn't multiply anything.......

They just allow the sub to get on with what it does best whilst the rest of your speakers give you sweet trebbly high hats and mid-range!!

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

cool thanks for the info.

now onto the radiator test i did the new radiator test while I waited for the sun to move off the lane so i could work but now im off topic abit. so i filled the new radiator and poured it out into a measuring jug and got 2.7L. now after the sun moved I got stuck into pulling out the old one and that was the easy part the hard part was putting the new one once again im abit off topic.
now i filled the old radiator and did the same process and i got 2L. now at this stage i though well i know the new one has a bigger capacity and i checked and my old one is meant to hold 2.7L and i thought fu(k that's a big difference. now i was still thinking how it was still overheating with the old one so i picked it up shook it and heard a rattle so i flushed it and the s**t that came out of it. the water was filthy like a lightish grey with black chunks floating in it. so not only was it holding less it is blocked bad. now to end this im going to do this.

New radiator 2.7L
old radiator 2L meant to hold 2.7L

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NT, Australia

philaddis wrote:
A low pass filter just eliminates high frequencies from the signal (anything over a set point - lets say 80Hz) to allow the sub to concentrate on the frequencies it is designed to handle.

As subs are not designed to handle high frequencies (but will still try to reproduce them upon request) the reproduction becomes poor and can result in a destroyed sub, if a LPF is not employed.

Using an LPF really doesn't multiply anything.......

They just allow the sub to get on with what it does best whilst the rest of your speakers give you sweet trebbly high hats and mid-range!!

Yeah that's pretty much what I was trying to say. Just with more technical detail..

A litre less capacity I can't imagine causing such a big overheating issue.. But keep in mind scale build up too. The stuff that is caked on and dosnt come off easy.

Either way you got the new one now so hopefully your issues cool down a bit (pun intended)

What coolant are you using?

Also in the garage....

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

tectaloy concentrate cant remember which one exactly but i went up the sothern outlet and instead of the temp going from the middle of the operating temp bar to the top it went from about a quarter to a third on the bar so she stays cool. next on the list is getting a exhaust leak fixed, then a trans service, replace the uni joint, change the vaccum cleaner for twin thermos, get the diff gears changed from 2.77 to 3.45 and to finish it off get a ecu that goes with the diff gears and get a j3 chip with a tickford tune if its possible. then later on down the road some tint for the windows. then much further down get rid of my fusion 10" sub for 2 12" subs dont know what kind yet.

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NT, Australia

Sweet. Good to hear :D

Your gonna love heading your actual engine when you do the fans :D

Also in the garage....

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

what extractors should i get

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NT, Australia

Have a shop around and on the for sale forum, eBay and gumtree too.

I like the look of the ones that all come out and curve down from the ports evenly. Lukey is the brand I think, and pacemaker have a similar looking set.

They look nice and neat in a tidy engine bay..

They are around $600, new.

Also in the garage....

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 36  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 36  Next