Fordmods Logo

NAII FAIRLANE 

Page 34 of 36 [ 530 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Post subject: Re: NAII FAIRLANE
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NA Fairlane, DC LTD

NT, Australia

That looks pretty good. That's a f**k huge pod though!! Is it just a normal 3in pod or larger? Or is it because it is sitting high in the box?

How did you connect it inside the box? Take some more pics of the inside of the box if you can.

I'll have a look today for the XH snorkel. You need it..

[color=#004080]Cheers, Jacob.

NA Fairlane Build thread:
the-garage-f53/my-fairlane-build-lowlane-t94891.html.
Also in the garage....
AU LTD, DC LTD, and Lowlane.

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Ford Fairlane na2

TAS, Australia

It's just a pod from SCA I'll take some pics tomorrow of everything. I didn't do the scoop as when I finished it I noticed that the pod touches the hood lining.

NA2 fairlane - 3.9 with au headgasket & injectors, ef fans, 2.5" zorst, lowered on selby springs , kenwood head unit and 6 speakers, fusion sub, el ecu & ti chip

Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

The only one that will load up.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NA2 fairlane - 3.9 with au headgasket & injectors, ef fans, 2.5" zorst, lowered on selby springs , kenwood head unit and 6 speakers, fusion sub, el ecu & ti chip

Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Well i replaced the o2 sensor it no longer runs rich, it idles alot better about 100rpm higher, it starts quicker, drives better and my fuel economy went from 16L/100km to 15.5L/100km so thats made me happy i should be getting my 2.5" mandrel bend catback after easter thanks to my mate. Long story short i said scratch the hood and pay for the respray but instead hes paying for the exhaust.

Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NT, Australia

See.. Shoulda got a new O2 way back when we all suggested it!

Should put a functioning scoop in the bonnet above the pod filter. That'll help with getting air flow in.. I'm thinking of a way I can do it I mine.

Also in the garage....

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Yeah i know. I.want to add a scope but i like the flat surface if i could find another hood to play with i would see what it looks like. I also cant find any that would match.

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

NT, Australia

Even get another bonnet for the scoop and paint it black :twisted:

Racing bonnet and original bonnet :D

Also in the garage....

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

If i do mod the hood i want to weld on a i think ba bonnet bulge. The ones with the boss on the side of the bulge.

Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Well long time no post.
Well exhaust hasnt been done since my friend wont speak to me or anyone else. But not much has happened I did a engine service with diesel, got new rear tyres, advanced my timing by 5 degrees since 10 degrees advanced is only good for 98 I though well what about 5 for 95 it runs surprisingly well now but it was slow off the line like foot to the floor I move 2 seconds later. That was fixed by earthing the connection in the engine bay. Im no longer using a pod as when I did I started using 20L to the 100km but after getting a replacement lid to the box and advancing the timing the right way im now using 14.3L to the 100km through town and 8 on the highway.
Ive also fitted a turbo timer for the cold mornings and after a thrashing I let it idle for 30 seconds which is why I get 14.3L so sure I know there are people who will say a turbo timer on a na does nothing but I've proved you wrong so huh.
I'm fitting ba front seats in the lane because I got them off my cousin for nothing and because they're more comfortable then my Ltd seats. Yes Ltd seats my dad had a Ltd and they are the exact same. Still haven't replaced my Ltd rims yet but money is tight. Oh and I have a job now so that's been great still looking for a apprenticeship though.
The lane also does donuts which I did before replacing my tyres.

Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

NT, Australia

Go hard with the BA seats, there are a few threads about fitting them on here.

I had a chance at a red fabric XR set, but didn't end up with enough funds to buy.

As for the turbo timer.. Honestly that's only gonna make you chew more fuel.

They really are only for a turbo car that is gonna get longer or harder running to give the turbo a chance to cool a little more evenly rather than just shutting off and radiating the heat. Example is a turbo diesel pajero we used to own on the trip from Tasmania to NT, dad got one on recommendation considering we would be doing long highway trips..

All that timer is doing is making your car run or an extra *however long you have it set to* every time you turn off the engine.. So it's gonna use MORE fuel..
Don't kid yourself, there is no way letting your engine idle before you turn it off is gonna make it save fuel...

Also in the garage....

Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Thats what I thought but after a good thrashing I would just turn it off then one day I thought why not see what happens if I let it run. After about a week my fuel economy went from about 14.7 to 14.3. Its great in the mornings though because I go out and start it turn on the heater then after 10 minutes it turns off and it's warm inside and because I can let it run I can lock the car and not worry about anyone stealing it.

Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Im going to start the conversion tomorrow so im going to hopefully finish it aswell. I'm going look at some forums other people have done.

Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Well ive done the drivers seat which went well.
First I measured up the feet on both seats then I removed the drivers seat. I then trial fitted the ba seat thats when I was hopeful I bolted the front left foot and then tried the front right with no luck. So I grabbed a hammer and started bashing it to bend it after 5 minutes I got the 2nd bolt in I then tried the rear right with no luck. I got abit of old rifle barrel and some washers then started on the rear left and then oh no the bolt isn't long enough so I grabbed a longer bolt and a nut and fitted up the foot. I then grabbed my keys in hope of a drive but oh no the buckle is different luckily I was at dads and he had the torque bit I needed to undo the old buckle and fit my old na one. Now that I was done I went for a drive instantly loved the extra back support.heres some pics if they load.

Posted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

I've read on another ford forum that the el cams are the same as the eb ed xr6 cams is that true?

Posted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:19 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

no..

Sort by  
 Page 34 of 36  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next