NAII FAIRLANE 

Page 36 of 36 [ 530 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36

Post subject: Re: NAII FAIRLANE
Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NA Fairlane, DC LTD

NT, Australia

You only have to look at a young driver in town here and its ON! lol

Yeah dont bother, Ive wasted the 2 hours of my life watching it so do somthing so worthwile itll make up for me too LOL

[color=#004080]Cheers, Jacob.

NA Fairlane Build thread:
the-garage-f53/my-fairlane-build-lowlane-t94891.html.
Also in the garage....
AU LTD, DC LTD, and Lowlane.

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Ford Fairlane na2

TAS, Australia

Yeah here its look at someones car and it's go time. Just the other day I saw a gtf pull up next to me so I couldn't help but look as soon as the guy saw me looking he revved the poor thing off its tits and then flew off the line when the lights went green. We both had to stop at the next set off lights and the damn thing was ticking worse than a time bomb.

NA2 fairlane - 3.9 with au headgasket & injectors, ef fans, 2.5" zorst, lowered on selby springs , kenwood head unit and 6 speakers, fusion sub, el ecu & ti chip

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Okay I got some ef thermo fans the other day now I just need to wire them up. I found a technical doco for it but I updated it abit for the ef fans and corrected some parts but here's how I updated it.

Parts you'll need: 

- EF Thermo Fans
- Thematic Switch Tridon p/n: TFS148, Thread: M16, Temp: 95* - 90*
- Fibre washer
- Manual override switch (OPTIONAL)
- 3 Relays: 12V, 4 pin, 40 amp (pins: 85, 87, 86, 30)
- 3 Fuses 30 amp
- Fuse box that can hold 3 fuses
- 3 wire plug and 2 wire plug
- Female blade connectors 2.5mm - 3mm
- self tapping screws
- 15 amp wire red and black, start with 10 metres
- Black electrical tape
- Plenty of solder
- Soldering Iron
- Coolant
- Patience and time

Tools you'll need: 

32mm spanner (6cyl)
Set of hex keys
Shifter (or a spanner set)
Phillips head screw driver
Flat head screwdriver
Crimping tool or a vice works wonders
Wire strippers or you can use scissors to strip the wire
Big heavy-duty flat head screwdriver

TWIN THERMO FANS, 1 FAN TEMP, 1 FAN A/C 

Skip to STEP 5 for wiring

STEP 1. 

Remove air box snorkel and battery snorkel. Now detach the fan shroud by the 2 screws at the top on either end, you can't take the fan shroud off the car just yet as it comes off with the fan. 

STEP 2. 

Sit the 32mm spanner over the nut on the clutch fan, now get the big screwdriver. There are 4 bolts on the water pump pulley, sit the screwdriver on 1 of them and wedge the top into the power steering pump. Now by levering off the screwdriver you can pull the spanner towards the passenger side of the car (the clutch fan is a reverse thread). You only need the screwdriver there to crack the nut. Now I had no trouble undoing this nut (I had it cracked in about 2 seconds) but some people have had a lot of trouble taking it off, as they can get very tight. Just keep trying and you'll get it eventually. Now remove both the fan and shroud from the car (if you like you can beat it with a bat!!) 

STEP 3. 

Grab the thermo fans and slide them down the radiator. Bolt them to the radiator using the same bolt that they use on EF/EL's. You'll also need 2 nuts the same size as the head. On the radiator you'll see where they bolt into. You might need a washer so the bolt doesn't go through the radiator. 

STEP 4. 

In the thermostat housing you'll see a bolt that has a hex key shape in it (blue auto climate plug), remove this using a hex key (or spanner) (you may want to undo the top radiator hose and let the coolant out of the top section, there wont be a lot of coolant up here.) Take off the black rubber ring from the switch and replace with a fibre washer (I found there wasn't enough room to tighten the switch with the rubber on). Now screw in the Tridon thematic switch using your fingers and an open end spanner to tighten. Top up coolant.

STEP 5. 

Find a place to install the relays

a) Label relays 1, 2 and 3. The first relay will be to control the first fan, second relay to control the second fan and the third relay will control the first fan to come on with the a/c. 
Now run a wire from the red wire on the first fan to pin 87 on relays 1 and 3 (white wire to pin 87 on relay 3 if using ef fans). Now run a wire from the red wire on the second fan to the 87 pin on relay 2.

b) The black wire on both fans needs to be earthed. So run a wire from the black wire of both fans to the negative terminal on the battery. Now from the negative terminal of the battery run a wire and split it off into 3 wires to connect to the 85 pin on all 3 relays. 

c) Now run a wire from the positive terminal of the battery to the each terminal on 1 side of the fuse box. Now run a single wire from each terminal on the other side of the fuse box to the 30 pin on each relay.

d) Now the last pin on the relays is the 86 pin. Run a wire from the 86 pin on relays 1 and 2 to one pin on the thematic switch. The 86 pin on relay 3 will be wired to the A/C compressor. On the left side of the A/C unit there's a bunch of wires. You'll see 2 blue wires, 1 is darker than the other and this is the wire you're looking for. This wire connects to the button that turns the A/C on and also connects to the to vent changer. 

e) The last wire to connect is from the other pin on the thematic switch to an ignition source.

STEP 6. OPTIONAL SWITCH

To wire it up is really simple. Just run a wire and tap it into the wire that goes from the thematic switch to the ignition. Than run the other wire to the other wire that goes from the thematic switch to the 86 pins on relays 1 and 2. 

Mount the switch where you want it and your done! 

STEP 6. 

Connect the fans to their corresponding plugs and test they work.

NA2 fairlane - 3.9 with au headgasket & injectors, ef fans, 2.5" zorst, lowered on selby springs , kenwood head unit and 6 speakers, fusion sub, el ecu & ti chip

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

I also replaced my ground wires and added 4 new ones. It's much better now rather than having 11.82 volts at idle I have closer to 14.2.

Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Well thermo fans are fitted and it's much nicer now I don't hear the clutch fan all the time. Those ef fans are quiet I can't hear them kick in.

Sort by  
 Page 36 of 36  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36