Fordmods Logo

Nicco's EF - New Direction - Page 19 

Page 29 of 31 [ 454 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Post subject: Re: Nicco's EF - New Direction - Page 19
Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

nicco wrote:
wild-el wrote:
Who knows with these blokes!!!
:lol:

Like I said earlier, nothing is confirmed yet. What I can say is I'm looking very seriously at my options and taking a full array of factors into account with whatever decision I make. Whatever the final outcome is I know I'll be happy with the end result, and that's what matters most to me.

go on mate you know you want to spill the beans... tickford_6 is letting us in with more then nicco him self, slack nicco, slack

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef XR6t

QLD, Australia

Sohc BA wouldn't be able to be engineered iirc. Maybe it's a full au front end (k-frame and suspension) going in the ef? And possibly IRS in the rear. But IMHO I'd stick with a live axle..... Am
I close? Ha.

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t
Garrett gt3582r, 6 boost manifold, turbosmart 50mm gate, microtech ltx-12s, eboost, 044, 60lb siemens deka, 3.45 Tru Trac. 333.4rwhp@12psi Tuned by P.I.T.S

Build Thread
http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/ef-turbo-build-t103080.html

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

wild-el wrote:
nicco wrote:
wild-el wrote:

Like I said earlier, nothing is confirmed yet. What I can say is I'm looking very seriously at my options and taking a full array of factors into account with whatever decision I make. Whatever the final outcome is I know I'll be happy with the end result, and that's what matters most to me.

go on mate you know you want to spill the beans... tickford_6 is letting us in with more then nicco him self, slack nicco, slack

Tough crowd!!

I'm only going to let slip what I'm thinking because Corbin is going to be disappointed if I hold out on him. Lol.

I'm looking at an AU to replace the EF. The EF is getting pretty ratty these days and I've got some quotes for repainting and so on and they just about knocked me flat on my a***. I can pick up a tidy AU for less than just the respray, let alone all the other things it needs.

I'm looking at a tidy one in Mildura and I'm going down to inspect it while I'm in Melbourne for the F1.

That's the full status update now

;-)

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Reading back through that last post makes it seem like I have made decision really easily over it. In reality I've been brewing over this for about 6 months. :lol:

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Ha ha, I know what you mean about the body work etc, mine has seen better days. I think I'll need some body work/paint done soon :( but I couldnt part with my ef xr I just love the look of them! Except I know a couple good panel beaters in my area that could do mine for 2500 or less doors closed job. I'm seriously considering getting that done late this year sometime... Was your quote a full respray?

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t
Garrett gt3582r, 6 boost manifold, turbosmart 50mm gate, microtech ltx-12s, eboost, 044, 60lb siemens deka, 3.45 Tru Trac. 333.4rwhp@12psi Tuned by P.I.T.S

Build Thread

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Does this mean you need to alter your gearbox to suit the AU, or were you going to hack the floor of the EF?

EL Fairmont Ghia - Manual - Supercharged
- The Car
- The Headlights

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

well i did say au or ba didnt i.kinda gave it away when you said you wont have to alter the sump to fit. lmaoo well if you want the ba look you can always face change the front, the whole ba front bolts up to the front of the au.i got a quote to do my gf's and in parts and to paint it all my self would cost me less then a grand.

MAD wrote:
Does this mean you need to alter your gearbox to suit the AU, or were you going to hack the floor of the EF?

what does he mean by this question?

are you keeping the t56?

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:45 pm 
VIC Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: ed

VIC, Australia

nicco wrote:
wild-el wrote:
nicco wrote:
wild-el wrote:

Tough crowd!!

I'm only going to let slip what I'm thinking because Corbin is going to be disappointed if I hold out on him. Lol.

I'm looking at an AU to replace the EF. The EF is getting pretty ratty these days and I've got some quotes for repainting and so on and they just about knocked me flat on my a***. I can pick up a tidy AU for less than just the respray, let alone all the other things it needs.

I'm looking at a tidy one in Mildura and I'm going down to inspect it while I'm in Melbourne for the F1.

That's the full status update now

;-)

yeah body work is costly, ive just spent a bit on mine getting the roof and rear 1/4's fixed and yeah. but that was worth it. having a car that looks 100% puts you in a better mood about things.

cant wait to see everything in the new car..... and the old one in bits :P :wink:

94 White ED Wagon
eaton M112 supercharger, lowered a tad, extractors, 2.5" exhaust, T5 , custom SureCam supercharger cam, 3.45 lokka, 2 piece tailshaft, poyair bags in the back, TSS front Skirt, Sprint skirts, XR wagon spoiler.
soon to get: AU diff, upc 330mm brakes, Vapor LPG injection.

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Corbin - quote for the body work was a lot. :lol: Unfortunately, mine is a bit far gone (18 years in the North QLD sun will do that to you) for a quick, closed door touch up. The painter I spoke to would only be part of it if I was prepared to go back to bare metal.

MAD - No, I've spoken to Mal Wood about it and they use the same box for going into AUs. I needed to massage the floor in the EF by about an inch to get it to fit before, supposedly it comes through just right in the AU. Only difference is the crossmember which they can supply.

Wild-EL - No need to be a know-it-all. Especially when you've been quite rude and pushy up to now - and your facts are slightly wrong. ;-)

Sean - Yeah, it certainly is. I think the EF is beginning to slide past the point of diminishing returns. We'll see what happens with the new one - I don't own it yet. ;-)

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: el fairmont ghia

QLD, Australia

nicco it's paints gotta be better than the paint on my brothers ef and it' 17 years old this year

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia
did someone call 9 1 HOLY s**t?

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

nicco wrote:
Wild-EL - No need to be a know-it-all. Especially when you've been quite rude and pushy up to now - and your facts are slightly wrong. ;-)

correct me where im wrong mate.i was just confused with what he asked.

so did you have to knock in the tunnel to fit the gear box in? i want to do it to mine but in the build all you said was you had to work around the cross member, i know so far from your build it is possible with another tail shaft and a mal wood kit to suit but does it need any computer mods to get it going properly or is it just fit it in and off you go? my car is auto for the time being and im interested in a motor change and change the auto to t56.what did the gear box cost you if you dont mind me asking?

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Yeah body work is not cheap that's for sure! So any particular reason your going with an AU apart from good body/paint? Have you considered looking at another ef that may have good paint. I suppose ef's are about 17 yrs old now and immaculate ones are hard to come by unless they have been resprayed and then they might be asking $$$ for them haha.

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF wagon

NSW, Australia

wild-el wrote:
the whole ba front bolts up to the front of the au.i got a quote to do my gf's and in parts and to paint it all my self would cost me less then a grand.

No it wont. Not with out a lot of stuffing around.

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

nicco wrote:
MAD - No, I've spoken to Mal Wood about it and they use the same box for going into AUs. I needed to massage the floor in the EF by about an inch to get it to fit before, supposedly it comes through just right in the AU. Only difference is the crossmember which they can supply.
Well that's good. Would be a shame to lose the T56, or need to shell out more money.

EL Fairmont Ghia - Manual - Supercharged
- The Car
- The Headlights

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

MAD - Yeah, I'm stoked that the T-56 will fit in. If it didn't I'd probably be looking at different options again. Nice to have a small win every now and then. lol

Mont5.0 - Don't worry, I wouldn't put a BA front on an AU sedan, it'd just look all queer.

Corbin - Yeah, I thought about other EF and ELs. I even looked at a couple of NL Fairlanes. To be honest, I'd rather have a bit of a scenery change if I am putting into a new car. I've had the EF for 8 years now, so I'm pretty familiar with it. ha ha.

Wild-EL - No mods to trans tunnel except to extend to hole for the shifter by about 20mm. No computer mods either. I could have done with a diff ratio change (from 3.08:1) but it wasn't terrible so I left it. I did the mod a while ago now, email Mal Wood themselves and they'll give you the full price breakdown and options list. Be sitting down when you read it.

Sort by  
 Page 29 of 31  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next