Fordmods Logo

Project EA ( Barra DOHC Conversion ) 

Page 16 of 17 [ 248 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post subject: Re: Project EA ( Barra DOHC Conversion )
Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: eb ford falcon ghia

NSW, Australia

i wished i lived in vic right now hahaha. the best i could do was getting most of a ba for $1500 at the wreckers :? well i guess thats sydney for you ay. i might look around abit more, see if i can get sumthing abit cheaper. RANDOM NOOB question, to start a engine out side the car dose it have to be mounted realy good to sumthing, or could i get a wooden platform bolt sum brakets to that and the engine mount holes and be good to go?

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:17 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:
RANDOM NOOB question, to start a engine out side the car dose it have to be mounted realy good to sumthing, or could i get a wooden platform bolt sum brakets to that and the engine mount holes and be good to go?

pretty sure motor would need to be as ya wouldn't want it to fall over lol

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:20 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:
i wished i lived in vic right now hahaha. the best i could do was getting most of a ba for $1500 at the wreckers :? well i guess thats sydney for you ay. i might look around abit more, see if i can get sumthing abit cheaper. RANDOM NOOB question, to start a engine out side the car dose it have to be mounted realy good to sumthing, or could i get a wooden platform bolt sum brakets to that and the engine mount holes and be good to go?

Maybe it would be better to start you own thread for asking questions on this instead of hijacking someones Garage thread. which is supposed to be about the build for their car.

If you have you own thread, all the information will be in one place.

Last edited by SWC on Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

haha thats funny.. Hijackings sumones thread.? how am i doing that mate? by asking a few questions about a topic that a couple of people have obviously completed on this forum. I thort thats what the forums were for? could be wrong hahaha funny, the epic comments people come up with.

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:56 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:
haha thats funny.. Hijackings sumones thread.? how am i doing that mate? by asking a few questions about a topic that a couple of people have obviously completed on this forum. I thort thats what the forums were for? could be wrong hahaha funny, the epic comments people come up with.

Wasn't meant to funny.

The Garage threads are set up by the owners of their cars to put up things that they are doing with their cars.

Understand that you are trying to aquire knowlege and information corncerning your own thoughts for your build. Just stating that it may be better for you to put up your own thread.

Show your car as it is now and the work that you want to do or are doing.

Have you actually decided which way you want to go. You have posted about the DOHC Barra, then 5.0 Windsor, then SOHC AU engine, now it appears that you are back to the Barra.

I have answered a number of your questions in a number of threads concerning these things so what I posted about starting your own thread was advice.

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

omg dude. your last to messages havent even been about cars. why would i make a mess of the forums for. I dont think people want to come in here and see 50 titles of barra converions into e series falcons, so i am keeping all the info in one place. But ye im not here to debait with you. Im here to talk to people that know about this conversion. to top it off mate i was asked to come into this thread and talk to the guys about it. It is funny coz im here talking about this topics converion, your here talking crap about people. Funny. But enyway have a good day mate.

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:15 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:
omg dude. your last to messages havent even been about cars. why would i make a mess of the forums for. I dont think people want to come in here and see 50 titles of barra converions into e series falcons, so i am keeping all the info in one place. But ye im not here to debait with you. Im here to talk to people that know about this conversion. to top it off mate i was asked to come into this thread and talk to the guys about it. It is funny coz im here talking about this topics converion, your here talking crap about people. Funny. But enyway have a good day mate.

No where have I talked crap about people.

The advice was to start your own thread but you appear to know it all so go for it.

Had my say, take it or leave it, up to you.

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

look mate, i would rather not get off on the wrong foot with you. forums are for info. Im not trying to hijack enyones enything. And no i dont know eveything mate, thats why im here asking people that do know. Im sure you would do the same? After all info is the key befor starting any big project. Sorry for what ever i did to make you think i was trying to jump in on g.falcons thread mate. I will make my own thread on what i do. I just need to figure out what im going to do, and get sum stuff to work on. which want be for another couple of week, at least.

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:38 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

All is good.

Understand your need to gather as much information as you can and this site can yield a wealth of information (some good, some not so good :D ). Ask all the questions you like, I am sure you will get the answers you are looking for.

Look forward to seeing your build thread.

Good idea to work out which way you want to go. I can be a very expense exersize ti change direction mid build. Been there, done that :D .

If you are still considering going down the DOHC Barra build, then might be a good idea to look at buying a write off. That way you have all you need infront of you and you can sell off what you don't need to balance the budget.

Good luck with your build.

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:56 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: G6e

SA, Australia

SWC wrote:
All is good.

Understand your need to gather as much information as you can and this site can yield a wealth of information (some good, some not so good :D ). Ask all the questions you like, I am sure you will get the answers you are looking for.

Good idea to work out which way you want to go. I can be a very expense exersize ti change direction mid build. Been there, done that :D .

If you are still considering going down the DOHC Barra build, then might be a good idea to look at buying a write off. That way you have all you need infront of you and you can sell off what you don't need to balance the budget.

Hope I'm not hijacking but that seems best a write of ba but what's a ba falcon that's wrecked worth now a days roughly as obviously they fluctuate with demand etc

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:57 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

SWC wrote:
All is good.

Hope I'm not hijacking but that seems best a write of ba but what's a ba falcon that's wrecked worth now a days roughly as obviously they fluctuate with demand etc

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:57 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

SWC wrote:
All is good.

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:18 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

barraea wrote:
SWC wrote:
All is good.

depends. just have to keep an eye out. he got he's for $400 [which is blooody amazing & perfect] where as mine was rough ie no rear brakes [removed] & damaged front panels for $300 [drives ok]. all depends so keep an eye open

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

Mad2 wrote:
barraea wrote:
SWC wrote:
All is good.

depends. just have to keep an eye out. he got he's for $400 [which is blooody amazing & perfect] where as mine was rough ie no rear brakes [removed] & damaged front panels for $300 [drives ok]. all depends so keep an eye open

You can get lucky-I paid $500 for mine (smashed in front) so some gear was damaged bad,check out Greys Online seen lots of BA's go under a grand,Johnny.

XG DOHC-BARRA 182/Turbo kit/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

https://youtube.com/channel/UCaRUQ10of3FlOuSpvfapOtA

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:02 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

johnnyeHCF wrote:
Mad2 wrote:
barraea wrote:
SWC wrote:
All is good.

You can get lucky-I paid $500 for mine (smashed in front) so some gear was damaged bad,check out Greys Online seen lots of BA's go under a grand,Johnny.

I always thought its pickles the go to place but takes a look at this site thank you

Sort by  
 Page 16 of 17  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next