Fordmods Logo

Project FordRunner: Back on track 

Page 4 of 13 [ 182 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next

Post subject: Re: Project FordRunner
Posted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:00 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

I deleted the lower idler pulley and run a V6 comm belt, much easier & cheaper to find expecially if your out bush somewhere.

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

D.J. wrote:
I deleted the lower idler pulley and run a V6 comm belt, much easier & cheaper to find expecially if your out bush somewhere.

which commy V6? Any pictures?

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:59 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

VR/VS from memory.
Notice the small extension bracket I made for the alt to suit the belt & clear the taller rocker covers.

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

D.J. wrote:
VR/VS from memory.

So which is it? VS got the Ecotec engine very very early on with only small number of series one running the old buick engine. I've only ever seen two VS commodores with the pre ecotec engine.
It's generally accepted the the buick engine ended at the end the VR, The belt changed when the engine did.

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:57 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Here you are .... BOSCH 6PK2370 is printed on the belt which suits 88-94 Commodore VN,VP,VR,3.8,V6, i.e Buick engine.

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

I seem tohave hit a hurdle in this. Due to the size of the Dellow bellhousing. I need to be able to move the engine forward in order to bolt the box up to it. Its something I was hoping to avoid but turns out its unavoidable.
The killer is that the E series mounts don't allow forward movement in any way, only up or down (then forward once the mounts clear the chassis brackets, by then the bellhousing would be hard up against the trans tunnel/firewall). So I was thinking do I try and modify the lower half of the mounts by cutting off the side plates and using 2 small bolts through the top or do I ditch them in favour of mustang or X series v8 mounts?

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
I seem tohave hit a hurdle in this. Due to the size of the Dellow bellhousing. I need to be able to move the engine forward in order to bolt the box up to it. Its something I was hoping to avoid but turns out its unavoidable.
The killer is that the E series mounts don't allow forward movement in any way, only up or down (then forward once the mounts clear the chassis brackets, by then the bellhousing would be hard up against the trans tunnel/firewall). So I was thinking do I try and modify the lower half of the mounts by cutting off the side plates and using 2 small bolts through the top or do I ditch them in favour of mustang or X series v8 mounts?

can you unbolt the mounts from the block,it will move forward

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

xcabbi wrote:

can you unbolt the mounts from the block,it will move forward

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I've worked out a way around this and will upload a pic or 2 tonight. I basically sliced the rear portion of the lower bracket off and used a bolt or 2 on the top and one bolt on the front. That way I can slide the motor as far forward as I want when fitting up the gearbox, and when I slide it back the front of the lower bracket acts as a retainer to stop it from going back too far.

As for the radiator, did PWR have a part number for it or is it a purely custom unit? They don't even advertise the dimentions of their dimple cores, only their regular cores. I've sent them an enquiry regarding price, hopefully they get back to me soon. I'm expecting something over $1000.

Of to play with my clutch now. Hopefully I can set up the adjustment so my stock master and slave have enough travel.

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
I've worked out a way around this and will upload a pic or 2 tonight. I basically sliced the rear portion of the lower bracket off and used a bolt or 2 on the top and one bolt on the front. That way I can slide the motor as far forward as I want when fitting up the gearbox, and when I slide it back the front of the lower bracket acts as a retainer to stop it from going back too far.

As for the radiator, did PWR have a part number for it or is it a purely custom unit? They don't even advertise the dimentions of their dimple cores, only their regular cores. I've sent them an enquiry regarding price, hopefully they get back to me soon. I'm expecting something over $1000.

Of to play with my clutch now. Hopefully I can set up the adjustment so my stock master and slave have enough travel.

PROGRESS, AND PICS?

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

No progress due to this predictably unpredictable weather. As soon as I lift up the hoist, grab the chain block, take the bonbet off and start lifting it begins to piss down and as soon as I pack up it stoos raining. To hell with this weather.

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
No progress due to this predictably unpredictable weather. As soon as I lift up the hoist, grab the chain block, take the bonbet off and start lifting it begins to piss down and as soon as I pack up it stoos raining. To hell with this weather.

seems you got more rain than me,waiting on sunshine.may be a wet winter and cold.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: el fairmont ghia

QLD, Australia

xcabbi wrote:

you sure it's just not the neighbours srpaying you with the garden hose?

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia
did someone call 9 1 HOLY s**t?

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

mitchell g wrote:
xcabbi wrote:

na,there tighter than nik,cant aFORD a long hose :lol: :lol: :lol:

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: el fairmont ghia

QLD, Australia

hans hartman wrote:
mitchell g wrote:
xcabbi wrote:

na,there tighter than nik,cant aFORD a long hose :lol: :lol: :lol:

hahahahaha

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia
did someone call 9 1 HOLY s**t?

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 13  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next