Fordmods Logo

rainoffire's EL XR6 - Finally Tuned at CVE! 

Page 2 of 6 [ 86 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: rainoffire's EL XR6
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:41 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: DL LTD - AU LTD Limousine

NSW, Australia

Nice wheels! are they the right offset or have u got spacers there?

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:31 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF XR6 Wagon

VIC, Australia

nah no spacers, wanted to make sure she was all legal, plus with those wheels the cops would see them real easy!!! I think you can still get them in 19's in AU offset, but these were the last ones i could find in eseries. Its hard to find nice big rims in the right offset. I have a feeling that theyre going to hit the guard on the front though, but they wont get anywhere near them for a while, till the motors back in, then il have to work out whether to lip or roll them

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:48 am 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

yeah well done... it's really bad how there are hardly any good rims made in the right offset...

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:01 am 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:22 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

yeah it is a pain in the a**, i was looking for a year for a set that really jumped out and grabbed me. I was going to get them in AU onwards offset and just run spaces, so one day when i get a newer falcon i can still use them, but i thought about it, and im gonna be in eseries for a long time, dont want to be dodging cops until then :P

Got stuck into it again today, took the dash out ready to remove the pedalbox. The first photo give you an idea of just how bad the situation was!! Dash came out easier than i thought, theres two bolts in the centre that werent mentioned in my manual but someone (fiend maybe) had mentioned that they found an extra 2, so i found them too. Now i just have to rip the pedalbox out, convert the auto one i have to manual, whack it back in, then decide whether to convert my heaterbox to climate control, or change heaterboxes. If i do that i lose my AC gas though, but its getting pretty useless anyway, it will probably need redoing before summer. It feels like im destroying the car atm though, cant wait until i get to the reassembly part!!!

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:16 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Got the pedal box the rest of the way out, it was in quite a nasty state, i didnt realise how mangled it was!!! no wonder the pedal wouldnt stay in place!!! you can even see all the welding it did to try and hold it there, to no avail. It did delay the inevitable a bit, but its hard stick welding upside down in a footwell :P

It seems like the engine is almost done, got a call from HV pearce today, forgot to give them the flywheel for balancing the motor so going to drop it up to them saturday morning, crank was alright, didnt need grinding, just linishing, and no rod bolts are available for the motor, so thats off the cards too, but overall, seems to be progressing nicely.

Im also spending time stripping the rest of the stuff out of the engine bay, ready to respray it. However i have exams coming up at uni, so progress may slow down a bit now until late november, then i should be able to start reassembling over the summer holidays :D looking forward to that, going crazy in the ED, driving an gutless car with an auto is a big change from the XR.

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:27 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: xf falcon 1986, ba engine NA

VIC, Australia

rainoffire wrote:
Got the pedal box the rest of the way out, it was in quite a nasty state, i didnt realise how mangled it was!!! no wonder the pedal wouldnt stay in place!!! you can even see all the welding it did to try and hold it there, to no avail. It did delay the inevitable a bit, but its hard stick welding upside down in a footwell :P

It seems like the engine is almost done, got a call from HV pearce today, forgot to give them the flywheel for balancing the motor so going to drop it up to them saturday morning, crank was alright, didnt need grinding, just linishing, and no rod bolts are available for the motor, so thats off the cards too, but overall, seems to be progressing nicely.

Im also spending time stripping the rest of the stuff out of the engine bay, ready to respray it. However i have exams coming up at uni, so progress may slow down a bit now until late november, then i should be able to start reassembling over the summer holidays :D looking forward to that, going crazy in the ED, driving an gutless car with an auto is a big change from the XR.

that exactly wat happened in my xf haha piss-ed me off so much. thort i did my clutch 4 a sec.

Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:28 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Hey guys, its been a while between posts, but ive been getting stuck right into the car lately, havent had much of a chance to get some posts up.

Picked up the full rebuild kit, went to start putting it together, and realised it had AU mains bearings instead of EL, so still waiting on a new set of them.

I stripped the engine bay down as much as i could, in preperation for the new engine and respray. One of my mates is a spraypainter, and he gave me a hand to rub it all back, then lay down some black paint all through the engine bay. Im currently in the process of putting all the wiring back in, hiding it as much as possible in the guards. The front bar is getting a bit of custom glasswork done on it, then a respray as it was chipped to s**t.

Now, pictures

The black does make it a bit hard to see, but hopefully you get the drift!

Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:22 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: xf falcon 1986, ba engine NA

VIC, Australia

lookin sweet!!

Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:32 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Thanks mate!

Another quick update, after we finished with the interior.

The standard interior is dark grey up top, with light grey underneath
I though in keeping with the same two tone theme, go with black on top, with dark grey underneath

I already had to dash out for repairing of the pedalbox, and also just completed the climate control conversion, thanks go to ARM79 for supplying the parts!

Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:53 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Finally decided to do another update on the car
I've been working on it on and off, but I am on uni holidays again so getting back into it much more. The bottom end is put together, crank, pistons and rods are all in. Just saving up for a CMS stage 3 head, 2A cam before I put the motor back in.

While I have been waiting, i decided to start on the boot install. I have already drained the fuel tank from when I changed to fuel pump, and cleaned to fuel tank while I was at it to make sure there was no crap in the bottom of the tank. So I dropped the tank and screwed in some timber from underneath to give me a good solid mounting point, then gradually cut shaped and fit some plywood as a base, so screw everything else down to. Just got to cover it in carpet to make it look a bit neater

I have been working on a bit of everything really, but only a little bit at a time. One of the other things I have been working on is moving the washer res into the left guard, to make room for the gas converter in the engine bay. It's looking good so far, its a perfect fit where the aerial used to be, but I never listed to radio so I figured it was a good swap!

Also debadged by guards out of boredom, going to try and find some fairlane indicators, already got my hands on a set of EF side trims to go with it. So I'm coming along now, going to try and keep more up to date in this thread!!!

Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:32 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Just thought id throw another couple of update pics up

Engine awaiting CMS Head and Cam

Body Kit repair progress

Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, NCII V8

SA, Australia

nice work man i wish i had the space to do this stuff to mine

Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:26 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Yes that is definitely one nice thing about living in the country, plenty of car working space! Although its just come around to a year since i took it off the road, and the old mans getting a little edgy to get his shed back :P hes been pretty good about it so far.

Couple more updates on the rear bar

Its coming along now, going to test fit it on the car tomorrow to make sure the exhaust lines up alright, and then its time to rub it back and get some paint onto it

Joe from CMS rang me last week too to let me know the head was up there and is being stripped down ready for work, so there plenty in the pipeline! Once I get that back the engine and gearbox are going back in the car, so that i can take it from home to my place and get the rest of the stuff underway

Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:38 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 1992 Ford Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Nice car, and good on you for doing all that work!
Looking forward to seeing it finished. You should put up some pictures of your ED.
Thanks

2000 AU Falcon - 17" BA XR6 Turbo's, 2.5" Catback exhaust...
1992 EB Fairmont - Stock!

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 6  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next