RobDog's EL Falcon Turbo - alternator charging issue 

Page 16 of 17 [ 254 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post subject: Re: RobDog's EL Falcon Sapphire Turbo
Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Turbo EL

VIC, Australia

Hey mate, great build so far ! Really inspirational stuff !

I am looking to your car for some ideas 8-)

Build Thread:
1998 Turbo EL Futura Sapphire

Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Quick question too mate. With the oil catch can what size tubing are you running to it ?

Build Thread:

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef XR6t

QLD, Australia

Tru Trac FTW :D

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t
Garrett gt3582r, 6 boost manifold, turbosmart 50mm gate, microtech ltx-12s, eboost, 044, 60lb siemens deka, 3.45 Tru Trac. 333.4rwhp@12psi Tuned by P.I.T.S

Build Thread
http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/ef-turbo-build-t103080.html

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:22 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL Sapphire

VIC, Australia

xr6_corbin wrote:

Absolutely! Although I havent yet put the diff in so dont know..
But its rebuilt now and waiting and should hopefully get it in soon!
How does yours go??

Car hasnt been doing much of lately..starting to get a little sick tho!

B Bear wrote:
Quick question too mate. With the oil catch can what size tubing are you running to it ?

Sorry I never got back to you mate! I totally forgot and havent posted anything here for ages.
Im totally sure what I ran but it was whatever size fitted over the PCV valve..
What you end up running?

'98 EL Turbo Falcon Sapphire
With custom everything..

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

RobDog wrote:
xr6_corbin wrote:

Absolutely! Although I havent yet put the diff in so dont know..
But its rebuilt now and waiting and should hopefully get it in soon!
How does yours go??

Car hasnt been doing much of lately..starting to get a little sick tho!

Mine goes good. Only 2 black lines here. They are awesome, can't even tell its aftermarket feels and drives like stock diff until you put power down...

You haven't put it in yet? Haven't u had it since June!! I put mine in like the day I got it haha. What do you mean rebuilt? Didn't u buy it new?

EDIT: just read above you had another diff you were putting it into. There's not much to rebuild once the carrier is out. Basically pinion bearing and seal and maybe wheel bearings and axles but they are easy to swap out. Shoulda just put the centre in your current diff. All u need to make sure is that you put new bearings on the tru trac and that it has backlash between pinion and crown and your all good to go. If you keep the same carrier shims and put them in the exact spot you took them out it should be fine...

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t
Garrett gt3582r, 6 boost manifold, turbosmart 50mm gate, microtech ltx-12s, eboost, 044, 60lb siemens deka, 3.45 Tru Trac. 333.4rwhp@12psi Tuned by P.I.T.S

Build Thread

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:26 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Haha yeah I've had the unit a while but then took me a bit to get it put into a donor diff with the diff gears and now just need to swap it over.

I've also now got a hoist at home which is F**k awesome and so easy to do stuff!
Thats probably the main reason its takin so long. Was waiting for the hoist and then setting it up.
Probably swap it over this week or next
But car has been off the road for a bit now.. Engine is a bit sick and spews out oil everywhere..
Maybe a rebuilt engine wont be far away?? 8-) it needs it!

With custom everything..

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

I see... Yeah hoists are the s**t I get to use the hoists at work on weekends or Friday Arvos after knock off time which is pretty good. Where does your engine spew oil out of? Mine comes out my dipstick and has all other oil leaks like sump gasket, timing cover seals, etc. pulling engine out in 2 weeks for some much needed maintenance haha. Mines quiet as though no noise whatsoever.

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:06 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Yep pretty much all of the above is where oil comes out of. Its made a mess of the underside of the car. Need to pull the engine and give everything a good clean! Also want to paint the engine bay as well.
I reckon I must be getting heaps of blow by past the rings or something coz my catch can fills up pretty quick.
I got so much I still want to do soon..
Get this diff in
Get coilovers
New engine (and re-tune)
Rebuilt trans
Front brake upgrade..
Hopefully might see some progress in getting it driving again soon lol

With custom everything..

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

B Bear wrote:

Sorry I never got back to you mate! I totally forgot and havent posted anything here for ages.
Im totally sure what I ran but it was whatever size fitted over the PCV valve..
What you end up running?[/quote]

All good mate, I did the same thing went to autobarn and got some hosing that fit on the pcv and the back breather pipe. Not sure of the size, will have to have a look at it again.

Build Thread:

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

RobDog wrote:
Yep pretty much all of the above is where oil comes out of. Its made a mess of the underside of the car. Need to pull the engine and give everything a good clean! Also want to paint the engine bay as well.
I reckon I must be getting heaps of blow by past the rings or something coz my catch can fills up pretty quick.
I got so much I still want to do soon..
Get this diff in
Get coilovers
New engine (and re-tune)
Rebuilt trans
Front brake upgrade..
Hopefully might see some progress in getting it driving again soon lol

Your not alone, I have a big list of things I wanna do too. Need to get it handling good first though. I have a set of coilovers lined up off a mate :D near new pedders ones! Can't wait aye. My cars such a boat haha

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:26 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

xr6_corbin wrote:

Your not alone, I have a big list of things I wanna do too. Need to get it handling good first though. I have a set of coilovers lined up off a mate :D near new pedders ones! Can't wait aye. My cars such a boat haha

Haha nice! I'm hoping to get the pedders ones as well. The extreme XA adjustable ones. Heard good things about them. Another reason I havent done the diff as well. Might as well put them all in at once instead of puttin it in then changing the suspension again later.
At the moment I am running Monroe GTsport short shocks all round, Low kings in back and superlows in front. That was not bad but then I upgraded to Whiteline swaybars as well which improved more.
Pretty flat goin round corners. Rebushing everything with superpro while Im at it too.
What currently running suspension wise?

With custom everything..

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

RobDog wrote:
xr6_corbin wrote:

Haha nice! I'm hoping to get the pedders ones as well. The extreme XA adjustable ones. Heard good things about them. Another reason I havent done the diff as well. Might as well put them all in at once instead of puttin it in then changing the suspension again later.
At the moment I am running Monroe GTsport short shocks all round, Low kings in back and superlows in front. That was not bad but then I upgraded to Whiteline swaybars as well which improved more.
Pretty flat goin round corners. Rebushing everything with superpro while Im at it too.
What currently running suspension wise?

Mine is basically same set up as yours. Except I have king ssl in rear and sl kings up front and gt Monroe shocks. And I just upgraded front and rear sway bars to whiteline 30mm and 24mm. Haha. Yeh it's flatter around corners I noticed but still a little soft in the springs when pushed hard. Once you re do your whole car it will be a lot different changing so much as once haha from a soft body rolling single peeling car to a stiff dual pegging beast lol.

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:44 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Yeah I know it will be completely different to last time I drove it properly.. Who needs to buy a new car?? pfft :lol:
It will be awesome with the new coilovers being able to adjust them from something comfy for a long haul drive to stiff solid track style handling for when you really want to go for a spin haha

With custom everything..

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

RobDog wrote:
Yeah I know it will be completely different to last time I drove it properly.. Who needs to buy a new car?? pfft :lol:
It will be awesome with the new coilovers being able to adjust them from something comfy for a long haul drive to stiff solid track style handling for when you really want to go for a spin haha

Yeh why buy a newy when you can modify an e series! Haha yeh the adjustability will be a big advantage. Can always make it legal height if you get done for being too low without forking out for different springs etc too. I'd probs just have mine set to stiff all the time haha.

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:10 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

xr6_corbin wrote:
Yeh why buy a newy when you can modify an e series! Haha yeh the adjustability will be a big advantage. Can always make it legal height if you get done for being too low without forking out for different springs etc too. I'd probs just have mine set to stiff all the time haha.

Haha yeah I would too normally except I have 800m of rough gravel road to go down everyday so cant have it too stiff :lol: plus theres some ordinary roads around here as well!

With custom everything..

Sort by  
 Page 16 of 17  [ 254 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next