Fordmods Logo

Ryan's EL Tickford Build! - Fairmont Front Fitted! 

Page 2 of 7 [ 101 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Post subject: Re: Ryan's 1998 EL Futura Build!
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:00 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 95 ef fairmont

NSW, Australia

only for springs and exhaust haha got rears back in for now.port cops dont seem to care its the others that do haha.on another note your cars starting to look real nice :)

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Turbo EL

VIC, Australia

Good idea dude 19's would look good, I know what ya mean you want to make sure you like them otherwise you'll be out there again looking for others.

Build Thread:
1998 Turbo EL Futura Sapphire

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

NSW, Australia

Looks like a good start mate.
I like the grille mod, reminds me of my Ghia mesh job.
It kind of looks like the EL Predator grille.

Grab some engine mods and she'll be a real beauty.

Cheers,
Russ.

Blue blooded.

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:45 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: 1998 EL Ford Futura

VIC, Australia

95.ef.fairmont Ah that's gotta be annoying. Have fun putting all that back together! Haha And thanks heaps. I'm trying really hard to get her up to the same standard with some of the others around. :twisted:

B Bear Yep I don't want any smaller than 19's and I really want to get it right in the first place. So i'm just taking my time but keeping my eyes open for something cheap and local!

REW93N Thanks very much! I went through your Build Thread and had a look. Subscribed now too. Never really thought about it but I guess it does look a little like the Predator!

The next body modifications will be a Typhoon Front Bar, with an EF Fairmont Bonnet and Grill. I really want a high flow cat and extractors soon too. It's all money though!

MY BUILD:
- Oxford Green 1998 EL Ford Futura. Hybrid EL Tickford Engine. 3.45 LSD Diff. DL LTD Interior. Cruise Climate Trip HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: VE SS ute, EL Typhoon mock

ACT, Australia

ryanpatrick42 wrote:
95.ef.fairmont Ah that's gotta be annoying. Have fun putting all that back together! Haha And thanks heaps. I'm trying really hard to get her up to the same standard with some of the others around. :twisted:

B Bear Yep I don't want any smaller than 19's and I really want to get it right in the first place. So i'm just taking my time but keeping my eyes open for something cheap and local!

REW93N Thanks very much! I went through your Build Thread and had a look. Subscribed now too. Never really thought about it but I guess it does look a little like the Predator!

The next body modifications will be a Typhoon Front Bar, with an EF Fairmont Bonnet and Grill. I really want a high flow cat and extractors soon too. It's all money though!

Where are you get typhoon kit from?

YES.40L
El Gli/Fairmont/Typhoon-twinlights, king springs, paccies, dark agents
http://www.fordmods.com/post1241821.html#1241821

Post subject: Re: Ryan's 1998 LPG EL Futura Build!
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:09 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

I'm not totally sure. I really only know of New Gel based in Canberra I think? I haven't looked into it properly yet. If you have a place you could recommend i'd appreciate that! :P

MY BUILD:
- Oxford Green 1998 EL Ford Futura. Hybrid EL Tickford Engine. 3.45 LSD Diff. DL LTD Interior. Cruise Climate Trip HERE

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

ryanpatrick42 wrote:
I'm not totally sure. I really only know of New Gel based in Canberra I think? I haven't looked into it properly yet. If you have a place you could recommend i'd appreciate that! :P

I got mine from newgel, and it lines up with no problems. SSV.com sell newgel parts at a slightly higher price, but they do shipping (I don't know if newgel ship)

And then there is Phat Custom Kits - everything I hear about them is very bad... I.E parts dot line up, poor quality, and once you have paid they want nothing to do with you... Just what I've heard though so don't take my word for it.

YES.40L

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:28 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Oh thanks for that! I'll definatly take that into consideration! SSV Might be a good option for me if New Gel doesn't do shipping. :D Thanks Again!

MY BUILD:

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

No probs. Excited to see an el phoon in that green

YES.40L

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:04 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

So the past few months i've noticed a problem with the cooling system. It would tend to get really hot really quickly on a warm to hot day, and take forever to cool down again. It would get so hot sometimes the LPG converter wouldn't work properly and the car would barely run. Horrible in HWY traffic.

Yesterday I pulled the cooling system apart and took the radiator out, and this is what I found...

It was all clogged up with crap and rotted from about half way down. So I got rid of this and put a new one in, cleaned all the hoses and flushed out the engine and Air Conditioning Condenser for better airflow ...

The thermostat looked a bit dodgy so i'll be putting a new one in sometime soon, although when I put it all back together and started it up, the cooling system was working like i've never seen it before, new! As it was idling at temperature the thermostat was opening and closing, allowing the new radiator to do its job, which it obviously was as it kept closing every few minutes. The gauge was moving up and down slightly too to support this!

I'm really happy that it's all working again now. Hope everyone's FORD is going well!

MY BUILD:

Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:55 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

So today I got a bit bored being on school holidays and I was looking for things to do so I started playing around with one of Dad's old '78 P6 LTD's in the backyard, heard the horn and decided my EL Futura NEEDED that horn sound. So I stole the horns off it and fitted them to the Futura, sounds amazing the two-tone horns! Such a nice sound, and so much louder! People will know when to get out of my way now! :twisted:

MY BUILD:

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:41 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Over the past few weeks I've been polishing, waxing and buffing up the paintwork heaps! Probably 25 hours or so over the past few weeks. It's looking really really nice! I'll be posting up some photos soon once i'm done!

Today I also changed the oil and filter as it had the service light on again, after 10,000km. Looking forward to sharing some more modifications with you all.

MY BUILD:

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ryanpatrick42 wrote:
Over the past few weeks I've been polishing, waxing and buffing up the paintwork heaps! Probably 25 hours or so over the past few weeks. It's looking really really nice! I'll be posting up some photos soon once i'm done!

Today I also changed the oil and filter as it had the service light on again, after 10,000km. Looking forward to sharing some more modifications with you all.

Good to see you're servicing it properly.
Make sure you do the fuel filter every 20 000km too.

Blue blooded.

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:01 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

REW93N wrote:
ryanpatrick42 wrote:

Good to see you're servicing it properly.
Make sure you do the fuel filter every 20 000km too.

Yes! I would much rather spend my time and money on servicing it properly and thoroughly and making sure it's the way its meant to be to prevent problems then doing mods first.

I'll be doing the fuel filter (thanks for reminding me!), K&N Air Filter, Spark Plugs, Transmission service and fresh Diff oil over the next few weeks. [:

MY BUILD:

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

No worries man. They are pretty easy things to do, compared to commodores etc.

Blue blooded.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 7  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next