SLY5LT.... NL 'LANE..... 

Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: SLY5LT.... NL 'LANE.....
Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: '03 BA-LTD.

VIC, Australia

Well the car ended up in my drive as a result of a "commo" driver turning in front of me coming into albury on the way back from summernats 20 in my "da ltd", i put my foot on the brake (locked up/no abs) :shock: & t-boned him !

NOT HAPPY JAN !!!! :cray:

so the insurance co gave me $6500 for the write off :yahoo:
i was in rebuild stage of a S3-rx7 i got a few months before... (12a/manual/factory sunroof etc) ...which i still have :cool:

but did'nt know if i should put the cash into something that part's were hard to find, or get something newer :?

a quick look on the net & i spotted the 'lane, (ex fawkner crematoriom car) it had some klm's on it (215.000) but i figured for an extra $500 i was upgrading from.....da to nl....6 cyl to V8....velouer to leather, the only thing i did'nt get was a sunroof :glare:

Last edited by steveurban on Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: SLY5LT.... so far.
Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ok ! first thing i did was to put the rim's of the ltd on it

but going back to a V8 i wanted to get the "muscle car" look, so first port of call was a set of weld wheels draglite's !
15x6 on front & 15x8 on back, it was a few set's of tyre's later that i got the combo look good (except the stock susp)
first i tried... 15x275x60.... HUGE ! :shock:

ended up with some 15x265x50 comp ta's (along side the 'phoon 19x245x35)

(pic is post lowering) ;)

with (tug boat) suspention it was on the cards to lower it ,
the day before it was done i knew i was going to get some 19's at some stage ..... so got some bf mk2 typhoon's :good:

then with it a bit lower....

the engine got a couple of "bolt on" mod's, ss cold air intake, k&n filter, underdrive pulley's, custom intake tube,

then was the exhaust, which at first was as set of pacemaker's with a 2 1/2" hooker mufler /no resi.

soon to follow by a 2 1/4" into twin magnaflow metal cat's into a single 3" system (thinking a head)
a hooker muffler was used again, after 100metres of the test drive... a resi was booked in to be intstalled
done by hallam performance !

Last edited by steveurban on Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

then i was looking for some plate's, ended up with.... SLY5LT :shock: :P

i was thinking of future sale's, be it the new ford 5l coming, or current ford & holden 5l owner's ;)

your limited with a 'lane when it come's to the body side of it (unless you have deep pocket's) so the easy way to seperate my car from the other's was a hood scoop, also it fitted in with the plan's (at the time) to fit either a 351 efi donk ? (which is being done by brett)...
or "nos" via a intake plate that a fordmods member (brett) had done, both involved clearance !!!!
i looked at a couple... one of which was a mopar scoop, but it did'nt blend with the line's of the car.....

A9X.

camaro.... but had the ridge down the centre (looks odd with the 'lane line's)

got one off ebay..... it was way to short even for the RX7 :blink:

at a mini cruise i spoke to "timmy from boosted" & he put me onto "phat custom kits" in dandy,
it was a long process (lack of communication) on ronnies' behalf but it's now done !

first go at it !

second go at it

then it peeled on the back section of the bonnet so had him notch it "camaro style"

a big thanks also has to go out to "Phoenix" from here for the loan of his bonnet while the last stage was done !

the diff was a 3.23 sigle spinner, the centre was changed to a 3.45 lsd (lots of fun)
the next step was to goto 3.89 gears that are now in.... all the diff work was done by "supa trik" in dandy
3.89's are great on the street ! it makes first gear so much better.

with the diff gear's in,
it was a no brainer that the cam had to be swapped to give me the mid/top end power i now lack

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

along the way there was a disc upgrade to dba slotted/drilled disc's (will get slotted next time)

some item's i got for the RX7 now made there way into the 'lane, one was the.... MONSTER TACHO.... :shock:

which has now found another home :wave:
but it'll be replaced with a shift light when new engine has been installed, (with the higher rpm).

the sound system also come out of there box's & into the 'lane,(pick from RX7 mockup)

a pioneer head deck & rear speaker's, with kicker front split's & sub, power is by some cheap audioline amp's.
****the sub has'nt been put back in since the first drag meet last december*****
it's not on much anyway, as i love the V8 sound more :P

also from the thing's that were to go into the RX7 was a pair or "race style" seat's, which i sold to "hoggy66" on boosted....that i've bought back off him, as my drivers side seat is nfg (after 300.xxx klm's)

after the fit (soon) they'll be sent off to be recovered to match the interior which is mint (bar the drivers seat)

in a atempt to debadge , i found out that the rear one's left a hole ...or....two...
so i found the upgrade to ba/bf style fitted/fixed that
... after a couple of go's

for the drivers side , the only thing i could find was a "G8" badge....well it's a ghia....& an 8 !

also in that pic the exhaust tip got an upgrade to a twin 3"tip from the "whale mouth" that was on there

Last edited by steveurban on Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

a couple of the left over badge's made there way to the interior,
also in the pic is trans tunnel mounted fire extinguisher, which along with a tail shaft loop was fitted at the same time...
as i intend on doing a few drag meet's in the future & to be safe on the track.

another set of wheel's where on for a short time (lalins' old mayhem's- from boosted).....now on "hoggy66's- from boosted" ed wagon ;)

from the when i first got the car i started getting upgrade bit's.....only to find out that 302 & 5L part's not alway's match !
so some have gone & some are still waiting for there day in the sun....or engine bay sauna :P

some gt40p head's i got from "commando - from boosted" have had a tweak & some of the comp cams goodie's put on them,
i'm now looking at getting a short motor (maybe 347) to put all the stuff on/in.....
it makes more sence as it'd all be new, rather than have new stuff being thrashed on a 300,xxx klm bottom end :good:

i've done a couple of street meet's with different combo's.....being, draglite rim's...typhoon rim's....stock 'lane rim's....
3.89 diff etc, with my best to date of 15.36 @ 90 mph.....no record's were broken !!!!
but i now had a base time to compare my future up grade's

the next day it was on the dyno to see how little...ummm much it was making.

so a base power reading is now in hand to compare future upgrade's.

it's now back on stock rim's until i've done the engine & got it tuned.

some small body mod's will take place over the coming week's (nothing major) but that's about it for now .....
until the cash starts coming in after xmas

feel free to comment ....good or bad

Last edited by steveurban on Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Coming along nicely. For info, I am no longer in need of my NOS plate. PM me if you are interested.
My 351/427 will be running a Trickflow Intake, so the RPM NOS setup is on the market.
Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

Mate what an excellent build up so far.. I swear that is one of the hottest looking Lane's i have seen, always liked the look of it ever since i saw the hood scoop, suits it well i reckon.. Everyone seems to go with the BA bulges on e-series bonnets which looks nice, but its good to see something different..

What scoop did you end up using? Or it a custom made one by "phat custom kits"? I've been toying with the idea of an A9X scoop on my EF Fairmont, still have to put the idea to use though :lol:

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

KWIKXR wrote:
Mate what an excellent build up so far.. I swear that is one of the hottest looking Lane's i have seen, always liked the look of it ever since i saw the hood scoop, suits it well i reckon.. Everyone seems to go with the BA bulges on e-series bonnets which looks nice, but its good to see something different..

What scoop did you end up using? Or it a custom made one by "phat custom kits"? I've been toying with the idea of an A9X scoop on my EF Fairmont, still have to put the idea to use though :lol:

thanks mate, the camaro one's are popping up on alot of car's......but the ridge down the centre of it looks out of place :wink:
it's a "phat custom kits" scoop, it's alot longer than a A9X & as per pic he put some allaminium strip's as fillers in the front of it (so there's less bog) when getting the blended in look at the front.

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

TerroristGHIA wrote:
Coming along nicely. For info, I am no longer in need of my NOS plate. PM me if you are interested.
My 351/427 will be running a Trickflow Intake, so the RPM NOS setup is on the market.
Brett

things have slowed down a bit of late (little o/t, living by myself now etc), should have the head's back friday, not sure if nos will make it on the car now ?......i'll have to see what happens after xmas.

pm sent.

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: BA MKII Fairlane GHIA

VIC, Australia

its about time you posted up a build thread steve ... btw where have you been hiding lately

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Kenay wrote:
its about time you posted up a build thread steve ... btw where have you been hiding lately

i should ask you that :P i'm on the hwy every friday night (late) :wink:
there are alot of burgandy 'mont's these day's :lol:

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

tough looking lne with the drag lite rims... typhoon rims.. and sa ttyre on stock rim look... fquite a few rim changes there!

Post subject: Re: SLY5LT.... NL 'LANE.....
Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

That looks awesome...

but not sure about this though...

If that airbag goes off and a passenger is sitting in that seat.. those badges could do some damage.. and you'd be liable.
bit of a worry...

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

fordfreak ef wrote:
tough looking lne with the drag lite rims... typhoon rims.. and sa ttyre on stock rim look... fquite a few rim changes there!

:lol: it's been over the 3 years i've had the car, the price you pay to stand apart from the rest :wink:
the draglites would look mad at the hight it's at now (sl-king's front "6cyl" & sl-kings back) :lol:
the front will come back up a little (due to driveway issue's) :roll:
but i'll settle on a set of comp rim's in the new year,
which with a bigger profile tyre (to suite a 15" rim) it'll give a balance of daily comfort & track traction.
are looking at some centreline rim's at the minute, "convo pro" & also there not long released "rev".

it's hard to judge what the rev would look like as there few pic's of them on car's.

we'll see in the new year with the stronger oz $ :wink:

Post subject: Re: SLY5LT.... NL 'LANE.....
Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

frankieh wrote:
That looks awesome...

but not sure about this though...

If that airbag goes off and a passenger is sitting in that seat.. those badges could do some damage.. and you'd be liable.
bit of a worry...

:lol: not sure about that :roll: , they'd have to start thinking about getting a fairlane though.....
with "fairlane" embossed over there face :lol:
like most thing's.....it'll go by the way side in time so nothing to worrie about :wink:

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next