Start of a dream. BA MkII ute 1t pack 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Start of a dream. BA MkII ute 1t pack
Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:53 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2005 Ford BA Falcon Ute 1 tonne

QLD, Australia

Hey

New to the forum (very first post so please point me in the right direction if I am doing something wrong).

After years of owning various commodores I came to see the light and purchased myself an '05 BA ute. NA 6cyl 5spd Base model poverty pack with a tonner pack. White with an alloy tray and bloody chippy racks (Im a diesel fitter by trade so im inclined to think that all things carpentry are ridiculous.)

Anyway wanted to keep progress of my build and share, swap and create ideas with like minded people. Will put up some pics in the coming days.

Progress will be slow (partner with one kid and another on the way) but here is an idea of where I want to head with the ute.

- Custom steel tray (in progress of drawing it up and gonna take a crack at building it myself)
- Restitch the interior (210***kms have taking its toll on the poor girl) gonna run with a black with (stifle your screams) camo highlights on the dash. Sounds quirky I know but I like to think im different
- Run of the mill intake exhaust and when money permits supercharger. Probably chasing the 250rwkw mark.
- xr8 bonnet bulge.
- XR body kit
- nudge bar and spotlights

In essences I want a unique but functionally ute that I can still do my 600km rounds trip to work each week.

Few questions if I can ask the table of knowledge. (again I can make a new post in the appropriate threads if this isn't allowed)

- is the ICC upgrade advantageous or is it easier to run with an additional headunit through the aux port. only really want the screen for a reversing camera but can get the rearview mirrors with a built in screen. so I guess as far as power output of the units for speakers.
- ford specific or high quality wreckers to source parts. Im in queensland but willing to travel or freight.
- any info on tray builds that people would have. the actually construction I have no drama with between myself and a multitude of very capable welders I know.
- am I stark raving mad. seems to be that very few people are doing tray back builds (if they are then please point me in their direction)

Thank you and will keep you guys updated on my progress.

Post subject: Re: Start of a dream. BA MkII ute 1t pack
Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: el fairmont ghia

QLD, Australia

got any pictures of it mate?

I see you're a mackay bloke as well

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia
did someone call 9 1 HOLY s**t?

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:16 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2005 Ford BA Falcon Ute 1 tonne

QLD, Australia

Hey mate got tied up at work this week sorry been a bit slack will get them up over the weekend. Yeah man mackay isn't a bad spot aye

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: el fairmont ghia

QLD, Australia

yeah it goes arlight, traffics a b**ch though

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia
did someone call 9 1 HOLY s**t?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]