Fordmods Logo

taxi's twin turbo eb 

 

Page 2 of 8 [ 108 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

 
 Post subject: Re: taxi's twin turbo eb
Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 41

Posts: 4629

Joined: 23rd Nov 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

Location: Sydney West
NSW, Australia

Very nice Phill. Will have to come for a run in it sometime.
I know Im a bit slow but does this mean the orange car is gone?

 

_________________

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: taxi's twin turbo eb
Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 1700

Joined: 24th Nov 2005

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

Location: Dunedin
New Zealand

Holy s**t! i'm loving the engine/bay. Looks like you would wet your self everytime you put your boot down!

 

_________________

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: taxi's twin turbo eb
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 508

Joined: 28th Feb 2009

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Ed v8 fairmont wagon, wr450f

Power: 137 rwkw

EVL098 wrote:
Very nice Phill. Will have to come for a run in it sometime.
I know Im a bit slow but does this mean the orange car is gone?


orange car is long matt,will be down next friday so i will bring the heads down for you too mate..

phill
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: taxi's twin turbo eb
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 508

Joined: 28th Feb 2009

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Ed v8 fairmont wagon, wr450f

Power: 137 rwkw

XFWAGON wrote:
Holy s**t! i'm loving the engine/bay. Looks like you would wet your self everytime you put your boot down!


295rwhp isnt enough now so getting it tuned next week for 10-12psi and see how my pants go then lol..

phill
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: taxi's twin turbo eb
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 807

Joined: 28th Oct 2008

Location: melburn
VIC, Australia

1 vote for a 15psi tune :)

 

_________________

XG Panelvan
mild engine, EL ECU & J3, HI6 & MSD coil

in the shed - .595" lift cam, GT4202, forged AU engine, ems 4424 ecu, glide & 5500 stall - next-bellhousing

XH ute daily - DOHC BA XR6 engine, T5, AU3 ECU, J3 chip, wideband & logger, ported BBM, 3" intake

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: taxi's twin turbo eb
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 508

Joined: 28th Feb 2009

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Ed v8 fairmont wagon, wr450f

Power: 137 rwkw

misk_one wrote:
1 vote for a 15psi tune :)


dont think the btr will cope with that much lol
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: taxi's twin turbo eb
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 41

Posts: 4629

Joined: 23rd Nov 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

Location: Sydney West
NSW, Australia

taxi 5L wrote:
EVL098 wrote:
Very nice Phill. Will have to come for a run in it sometime.
I know Im a bit slow but does this mean the orange car is gone?


orange car is long matt,will be down next friday so i will bring the heads down for you too mate..

phill


Well that goes to show how up with things I am! :mrgreen:

Sweet news on the heads mate. Remind me during the week to pull my finger out and go for a drive.

 

_________________

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: taxi's twin turbo eb
Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 4285

Joined: 8th Dec 2004

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

Location: ** In the Shed! **
VIC, Australia

:shock: That engine bay is pretty wild! I bet with the twin turbo's it would come on boost rather fast?

It's got a pretty impressive time for such a low boost setup. I would be looking at fitting as big of a trans cooler you could fit & crank the boost up to 10psi, maybe more............. Should give even more impressive results.

I so badly wanna turbo my EB, but i really should finish my two other projects that will both have turbos.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

 

_________________

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: taxi's twin turbo eb
Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:37 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 508

Joined: 28th Feb 2009

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Ed v8 fairmont wagon, wr450f

Power: 137 rwkw

EVL098 wrote:
taxi 5L wrote:
EVL098 wrote:
Very nice Phill. Will have to come for a run in it sometime.
I know Im a bit slow but does this mean the orange car is gone?


orange car is long matt,will be down next friday so i will bring the heads down for you too mate..

phill


Well that goes to show how up with things I am! :mrgreen:

Sweet news on the heads mate. Remind me during the week to pull my finger out and go for a drive.


no worries matt will give you heads up wed/thursday sometime..

phill
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: taxi's twin turbo eb
Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:39 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

taxi 5L wrote:
misk_one wrote:
1 vote for a 15psi tune :)


dont think the btr will cope with that much lol

Should be fine, Hiboost was running 22psi and 10.7 with a BTR, Gozza no boostedfalcon is running 15psi and a BTR too

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: taxi's twin turbo eb
Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:00 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 508

Joined: 28th Feb 2009

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Ed v8 fairmont wagon, wr450f

Power: 137 rwkw

l
67RCE wrote:
taxi 5L wrote:
misk_one wrote:
1 vote for a 15psi tune :)


dont think the btr will cope with that much lol

Should be fine, Hiboost was running 22psi and 10.7 with a BTR, Gozza no boostedfalcon is running 15psi and a BTR too


ok,do you know whats done to there btr's at all as i drive it a fair abit and like the o/drive.I was thinking of putting a c4 in it or a manual but its great with the auto and stally..

phill
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: taxi's twin turbo eb
Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:07 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 508

Joined: 28th Feb 2009

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Ed v8 fairmont wagon, wr450f

Power: 137 rwkw

Had some problems with the auto during the week with it jumping out of 2nd under load but rang the tranny shop and he reckon it was just band adjustment,so took it there thursday and its alot better but still flairs between gears with the throttle open.

Been talking with my panel beater about painting it and im in 2 minds if to go all out on it or just straighten it up,new paint and leave it a sleeper,might have to flip a coin on this one.

Im trying to get it tuned this week for the dyno day but still not sure on how much boost to put in it.The only limit i have is the turbos as if there r32 items the wheels are ceramic coated and it flakes off above 13psi from what i have been told but i think there r33 items i hope.

phill
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: taxi's twin turbo eb
Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 43

Posts: 1093

Joined: 29th Nov 2004

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BA Ford Fairlane V8

Location: Lower Hunter Valley
NSW, Australia

Hehe Phil, the ultimate stealth machine you have there. Sounds like a jet too when you passed by me today :)

 

_________________

Interested in a fair go for the Hunter-New England area of NSW?

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: taxi's twin turbo eb
Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 508

Joined: 28th Feb 2009

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Ed v8 fairmont wagon, wr450f

Power: 137 rwkw

banarcus wrote:
Hehe Phil, the ultimate stealth machine you have there. Sounds like a jet too when you passed by me today :)


MMM maybe i should get jet number plates for it,will take you for a run it tomorrow night when i drop the door handle off...

phill
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: taxi's twin turbo eb
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:10 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 43

Posts: 1093

Joined: 29th Nov 2004

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BA Ford Fairlane V8

Location: Lower Hunter Valley
NSW, Australia

This car is seriously quick people. Effortless neverending loads of TORQUE!! I have now well and truely been inspired to find some torque for my wagon and I now have the answer.

Thanks for the spin Phil. You have a deceptive beast.

 

_________________

Interested in a fair go for the Hunter-New England area of NSW?

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 8  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:46 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names