Fordmods Logo

Taylor's ED XR6 clone 

Page 1 of 5 [ 66 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Taylor's ED XR6 clone
Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:33 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: ED falcon gli - XR6 replica

ACT, Australia

Basically this is my mums old car (upgraded to a BA G220, was a '79 XD fairmont ghia before this thats still in the backyard) put a new radiator and fuel pump in it and just drive it. then couldnt help myself but mod it like everything else.
ED was stock as with hub caps but i scored these 14X8 hotwires and put em on
Then desided to put kingspring super lows and monroe gt shocks in
and swap to some other wheels i got with the suspension bits for $550

Sits pretty even, the springs bed in alittle since this pic
obvious camber issue here, il have to shim it up at work

Now has ED XR6 seats and door trims, autotechnica sports wheel (old horn button collapsed and horn was going bonkers at night when everyone was alseep haha), twinlights coming next monday/tues, a big hole in the exhaust which is a good excuse for a cat back sys and still tossing up weather to get it on gas cos i can get the gear fo' cheap.
more pics and updates when i get to it, cheers

Ford ED Falcon Gli, T5 conv, Twinlight lights, exedy sports tuff clutch, modified EA front grill, ED XR6 complete interior, 19" speedy graphites, monroe gt shocks, kingspring superlows, CAI, ported tickford head, 3:45 LSD.
Soon: paccies, custom centre console

Last edited by pissed'N'broke on Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Taylor's ED work hack
Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

Gidday.

Looks like a great base to start with.

Certainly looks the part now, and the wheels suit it nicely.

Looking forward to further updates.

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:00 pm 
Smokin em up

ACT, Australia

cheers mate!

twinlights turned up today!!! im half way though painting (in white primer) one of the covers, then will paint the other. will try fit them on saturday after work. pics to come

side note, reset the ecu and tried to reset base idle but the idle air solenoid is clearly f**k so il have to get a new one ($117 trade complete with new isc) or a wreck might charge me $30 bucks for one i dont know if it works.....hmmm

Ford ED Falcon Gli, T5 conv, Twinlight lights, exedy sports tuff clutch, modified EA front grill, ED XR6 complete interior, 19" speedy graphites, monroe gt shocks, kingspring superlows, CAI, ported tickford head, 3:45 LSD.

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA XR6, EA Brock Falcon

VIC, Australia

nice ed mate looks really tidy, rims and lowering came up s**t hot, very underated car the ed.

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:47 pm 
Smokin em up

ACT, Australia

fitted my twinlights on the weekend, left the bumper off because i got a crushed bar mount i didnt know about so il straighten or replace it. the light from these things is amazing also, especially the hi-beams, its like spotties
the twinlight covers need a polish up too but the paint needs 7 days before polishing so il do it later on.

also to top things off my exhaust fell off while cornering hard ahaha, it was like somthing out of a cartoon. it didnt come off completely, the centre muffler outlet pipe had rusted out and was leaking but then it desided to pull clean out of the back of the muffler so it looks like il be buying an exhaust sooner than i thought. i bet my neighbours hate me cos boy its loud hahaha.

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:05 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Oh you have a build thread also :lol: I just replied in your Twinlight thread,

Looks good with those twinlights, makes a huge differance.

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:09 pm 
Smokin em up

ACT, Australia

yeh sorry, thought id double post both threads to complete that other thread and keep this one up to date. looks so good now, guna colour code the top section of the bumpers too and remove the side door mouldings. still cant get over the light output on these badboys hahah

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

those xr rims certainly brings the style into the new age.. wouldnt be surprised if fred and barny hopped out of the car with the old hot wires on it.. lol nice dump job too...

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

Nice work on the ED man, sits well on supers and rims suit it perfectly i reckon.

Twinlights look mint on boxcars, cant wait to see how good the front end looks once its all together :wink:

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:35 pm 
Smokin em up

ACT, Australia

sorry finally got around to painting the front bar and straightening up the brackets. doesnt look to bad at all, now just need to remove the side mouldings and paint the rear bar. (sorry about pic quality, was late arvo and overcast)

also got my 2.5" mandel bent catback, sounds good, no drone, has hotdog right after the cat flange (ment to knock out the drone) and a single muffler infront of the diff. its alot quieter than just headers and half a muffler. definatly legal too. not 100% on the brand il have to check, did ask for a redback but got this one, its Jegs or something? il double check later.

these are my other cars i spend too much time and money on (old pics), 07 xtrail modded (lowered since pics) and 68 vw squareback under going resto, (been painted since pics) and going back together, it was the reason i had to drive the falcon, and now look, ive started throwing money and time at it too hahaha damn.

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED V8

WA, Australia

The ED looks like a good project base there mate.

The VW has obvious appeal.

The X-Trail is.........possibly one of the worst ideas for a car to mod I've ever seen to be honest. :lol:

What are you thinking?? Perhaps a move to Bali with it and you can hire it out as a Beemo??

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:45 pm 
Smokin em up

ACT, Australia

love my vw, got a 1916cc in bits for it, with cam, straight cut timing gears full balanced crank and rods, ratio rockers, twin double barrel 40mm webers, higher volume oil pump, electronic ignition module and full mechanical advance distributor.

the xtrail actually does pretty quick for a 4cyl , 2.5L all alloy engine, full stainless exhaust with ceramic coated headers and hi-flow metal cat. base timing advanced with nissan computer. full cold air intake with filter located in the front bumper, strut brace, k-mac springs and all the other goodies. beat a few vy's etc

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:35 pm 
Smokin em up

ACT, Australia

so i managed to get an EA grill and modify it to fit my ED. involved some cutting, plastic welding and reinforcing but its done now. primed and painted and on the car. pics as follows

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:36 pm 
Smokin em up

ACT, Australia

*edited - double post*

Last edited by pissed'N'broke on Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

Looks mint dude, clean and smooth. So damn white!! :mrgreen:

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 5  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next