Fordmods Logo

The Boat. It should of been stripped............ 

 

Page 26 of 27 [ 404 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

 
 Post subject: Re: The Boat. It should of been stripped............
Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 41

Posts: 4629

Joined: 23rd Nov 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

Location: Sydney West
NSW, Australia

To the best of my knowledge Paul the coil is fine , but I will most likely take the one off the Maverick and fit it to rule it out tomorrow.
I replaced the coil not that long ago but as you say quite rightly a stuffed TFI will kill the coil quick smart.
I was always under the impression but that a stuffed coil will only really show up when hot when it is on its last legs.
Once the thing is running it is fine..................
Tomorrow I will try and start it and if it doesnt fire start throwing bits at it instead of mucking around trying to get it running.
I am really getting no where at a rapid rate of knots with it at the moment.
If I could afford it a certain Red EA 5.0 5 speed that is for sale is looking mighty appealing at the moment..................

 

_________________

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Boat. It should of been stripped............
Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:29 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 41

Posts: 4629

Joined: 23rd Nov 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

Location: Sydney West
NSW, Australia

Went out to it this morning and refitted the original BEM , ECU etc and put the dash back together.
The car had been on charge all night and when I hit the key it was a bit grumpy about firing up but it did. It really didnt take much longer to fire then the 100% stock XR8. So happy there.
Im am expecting it to be a bit hard to start until the Moates chip goes in and the car works out it actually has 24lb injectors not 19's. It was 4.5 degrees this morning here and the bonnet was up all night so it was pretty damn cold.
So hopefully pulling the gap back on the plugs has helped. They come out of the box at 1.4 and I have taken them back to 0.9 , am going to take it for a drive soon and see what its like.
Going to run around in it for a week and IF this does make a difference I will have to look at a Crane Hi6S or similar for some fatter sparks.
Fingers crossed the band aid fix has something in it..........................

 

_________________

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Boat. It should of been stripped............
Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 4285

Joined: 8th Dec 2004

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

Location: ** In the Shed! **
VIC, Australia

That's positive news dude, good luck with running around in it. Ignition issues are a pita, that's for sure.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

 

_________________

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Boat. It should of been stripped............
Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:28 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 508

Joined: 28th Feb 2009

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Ed v8 fairmont wagon, wr450f

Power: 137 rwkw

How did it start today matt ? Hope you sort it out soon and will see Friday night for a chat...

Phill
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Boat. It should of been stripped............
Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 41

Posts: 4629

Joined: 23rd Nov 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

Location: Sydney West
NSW, Australia

taxi 5L wrote:
How did it start today matt ? Hope you sort it out soon and will see Friday night for a chat...

Phill


It didnt...................
So I nutted my head all day at work trying to think what it could be.
Come home from work and thought I would try some random stuff out.
Put the multimeter on the battery and cranked the car over. 10.6V at crank?
Chucked the charger on it for a few minutes and cranked it. 11.6V at crank and it fired up.
SO it made me wonder about the battery. The battery is only a few weeks old thus why I havent checked it yet.
Went down to see the auto electrician as I had to pick up a bit for SVOmatt anyway and got chatting to him. He reckons anything under 11V will cause the ECU to shut down and the dizzy to not fire. Makes sense with the symptoms.
We checked the battery there on his load tester and it all come back fine.
Took car and battery to Battery World where i bought it from and they tested it , reckon the battery is normal and all is well.
But it was agreed it could be dropping its bundle when cold. So now in the morning before work I have to check it out. I have put the tong ammeter on the car and its not suffering drain issues when everything is turned off so thats good.
So I might know more tomorrow morning. I am currently charging up my Optima Yellow top from the Mav and have the jumper leads at the ready to see if it does start if the battery is an issue.
Fingers crossed.
I will be there one way or another on Friday night Phill. Even if you have to pick me up on the way...........LOL

 

_________________

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Boat. It should of been stripped............
Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 45

Posts: 444

Joined: 12th Apr 2010

Ride: 2006 BF XR8 Boss 260

Location: Auckland
New Zealand

EVL098 wrote:
taxi 5L wrote:
How did it start today matt ? Hope you sort it out soon and will see Friday night for a chat...

Phill


It didnt...................
So I nutted my head all day at work trying to think what it could be.
Come home from work and thought I would try some random stuff out.
Put the multimeter on the battery and cranked the car over. 10.6V at crank?
Chucked the charger on it for a few minutes and cranked it. 11.6V at crank and it fired up.
SO it made me wonder about the battery. The battery is only a few weeks old thus why I havent checked it yet.
Went down to see the auto electrician as I had to pick up a bit for SVOmatt anyway and got chatting to him. He reckons anything under 11V will cause the ECU to shut down and the dizzy to not fire. Makes sense with the symptoms.
We checked the battery there on his load tester and it all come back fine.
Took car and battery to Battery World where i bought it from and they tested it , reckon the battery is normal and all is well.
But it was agreed it could be dropping its bundle when cold. So now in the morning before work I have to check it out. I have put the tong ammeter on the car and its not suffering drain issues when everything is turned off so thats good.
So I might know more tomorrow morning. I am currently charging up my Optima Yellow top from the Mav and have the jumper leads at the ready to see if it does start if the battery is an issue.
Fingers crossed.
I will be there one way or another on Friday night Phill. Even if you have to pick me up on the way...........LOL

Might be a silly idea but if your starter is getting rooted it'll drain alot more power than normal, maybe pushing it below the 11v threshold.

 

_________________

Current...
XY Faker Project...
EL XR6 Work Hack...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Boat. It should of been stripped............
Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 41

Posts: 4629

Joined: 23rd Nov 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

Location: Sydney West
NSW, Australia

Thats a definate thought Deff.
I have a spare one here. If the battery check sout ok I will throw it in.
Nothing to loose at this point!

 

_________________

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Boat. It should of been stripped............
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:39 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 33

Posts: 6746

Joined: 13th Mar 2006

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane

Location: Bathurst
NSW, Australia

EVL098 wrote:
Thats a definate thought Deff.
I have a spare one here. If the battery check sout ok I will throw it in.
Nothing to loose at this point!


how did ya go this morn?

 

_________________

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Boat. It should of been stripped............
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 2448

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 7 images

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Have you checked the Earths-bad earths cause all sorts of issues - voltage drop, low volts on charge and many other goodies (o2 sensors out of range on LPG, temp sensors wrong, trans control average etc etc).

Nigel
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Boat. It should of been stripped............
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 41

Posts: 4629

Joined: 23rd Nov 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

Location: Sydney West
NSW, Australia

Didnt get to try it this morning.
I start work at 6.00am and I woke up at 6.15 when the boss called to ask if I was coming in today at my leisure or having the day off.......... :oops:
Did think for a few seconds about having the day off. It sounded somewhat appealing............but in the middle of restructuring and applying for another position I really couldnt take it off.
So it was shower , bolt out the door and at work at 6.35 so no time to play.
It started this afternoon so that has to be a bonus.LOL.

 

_________________

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Boat. It should of been stripped............
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 33

Posts: 6746

Joined: 13th Mar 2006

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane

Location: Bathurst
NSW, Australia

EVL098 wrote:
Didnt get to try it this morning.
I start work at 6.00am and I woke up at 6.15 when the boss called to ask if I was coming in today at my leisure or having the day off.......... :oops:
Did think for a few seconds about having the day off. It sounded somewhat appealing............but in the middle of restructuring and applying for another position I really couldnt take it off.
So it was shower , bolt out the door and at work at 6.35 so no time to play.
It started this afternoon so that has to be a bonus.LOL.


started this arvo first pop or a few turns

 

_________________

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Boat. It should of been stripped............
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 41

Posts: 4629

Joined: 23rd Nov 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

Location: Sydney West
NSW, Australia

Took a few turns but it is still running the normal tune so it is overfueling.
See what its like in the morning. If no go I will change the starter motor then.
Its gotta be simple stuff now.

 

_________________

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Boat. It should of been stripped............
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 22

Posts: 613

Joined: 13th Mar 2010

Ride: EF Falcon Monti

Location: Central Coast
NSW, Australia

Well at least its good news for you and good news for the boat aswell.

 

_________________

BANNED USER

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Boat. It should of been stripped............
Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:27 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 942

Joined: 23rd Dec 2007

Ride: AU1 XR8

just a suggestion mate, with it running so rich with no tune maybe you could borrow an adjustable fuel reg off someone.

With the 24lb it will run very rich when you give it a rev so if you could get ahold of an adjustable reg maybe try turning down the fuel pressure just alittle bit to see if that helps.

Aprt from that mate im out of ideas.

Also i have a question about your rpm2 when you say it has nothing till 2500rpm does that mean its lost torque down low (for around town driving) i was keen on the rpm2 but im getting an explorer instead so i just wanted to hear your thoughts mate.

Brad
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: The Boat. It should of been stripped............
Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 41

Posts: 4629

Joined: 23rd Nov 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

Location: Sydney West
NSW, Australia

Well it started this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Neighbours were not happy at 5.30am but f**k them.
Have had a few good starts now so I am getting more confident in it again.
The tune is on its way so hopefully it will all be sweet then.
As far as the RPM 2 goes Brad , with things starting to sort out on it , it seems to have picked up in the torque stakes. If you wallop it off the mark you can now twin spin a pair of 255/40 17's which you never used to be able to do as a stocker. The axle tramp is not fun but.
It was a real pig before and it has improved heaps now it is running clise to correctly. It still has improvement in it but.
It is a big slow to rev until 2500 , then it is like getting hit in the back with a sledge hammer. :twisted:
Remember but I am still running the standard cam at present so things will improve once I get around to changing that.

 

_________________

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 26 of 27  [ 404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:09 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names