Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

BenJ wrote:
SWC wrote:
She who shall be obeyed - Minister of War and Finance :lol:

Hey SWC, I fixed ya comment for ya.

BenJ

She will give you WAR if she see's that.

Post subject: Re: The Bosses Wagon - The b**ch - From the Stable of SWC
Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:17 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Cmon guys

MInister of War, Peace, Finance and Recreation. Also known as SWMBO (she who must be obeyed)

:)

SWC - love your work

Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

has come along way... should have been how they looked when 1st re-leased!! 8-)

Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: el fairmont ghia

QLD, Australia

looking tough there swc

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia
did someone call 9 1 HOLY s**t?

Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

As I asked prior in the AFD event topic, have you started repairing the damage to the front of the car?

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: XH B&S ute, Navara 4x4

Power: 202 rwkw

SA, Australia

Looks good mate. Amazing what can be achieved with a bit of thought, planning and hard work 8-)

You'll ride a black tornado across the western sky

You'll rope an ol' blue norther and milk it 'till it's dry

Bulldog the Diamantina pin its ears down flat

Long before you take this cowboy's hat

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:29 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Froudey wrote:
As I asked prior in the AFD event topic, have you started repairing the damage to the front of the car?

Sorry Froudy but outage stopped me from replying but as you saw on Suday we were successfull.

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

SWC wrote:
Froudey wrote:

Sorry Froudy but outage stopped me from replying but as you saw on Suday we were successfull.

Yeah it looks really good up close and them chrome vents really set the front off.

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:42 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Well what a three days it has been.
Part 1
Took a few days off work to clear out the workshop and do a few things around home and the cars. One of those things being to change the header tank on the "b**ch", been loosing a bit of fluid over a few days and suspect that the tank may have a few hairline cracks going by the residue.

Thursday:

Got up early Thursday and decided to change over the tank before replacing the Brake Booster in my car. All went well, done in about 15mins all up and decided to give the engine a quick clean as it was still covered in dust from the big Dust Storm we had. WEll that was a bright idea, quick wash and no start. s**t. Well quick check over and a blast with the airhose, no go, pulled the plugs, gave them a rough clean and she fires, rough as guts, take her for a run and she is breaking down under load but idles good, rev the shiy out of here and she is fine, take her for a run all is good, so I shut her down. Boss comes out to take the youngest to school and no start, keep trying with no luck so the youngest is off to school on foot as my car is out due to the brake booster. Pull the leads again and break No5 lead , where are those spares, found em, rlace No5 and find a crack in the coil lead. No Spare, bugger. Bodge up a plug lead and we have coil spark but no spark to the plugs, Odd. Lull the dizzy cap and it is crap, the centre carbon button is stuck up it the cap and there is almost nothing of it left, rotor button is no better, down the road to Bursons with dodgy brakes and pick up a new cap and rotor button as well as a coil lead. Back home and install them, this will fix the b**ch. Fire here and nothing, check the plug spark and nothing, whatthe stuff is going on, getting really p****d of now. Make some calls to Benj and Troyman for advice and they suggest that it is the TFI module, s**t, not what I wanted to hear but makes seanse. Need to pull the Dizzy

Last edited by SWC on Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:58 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Part 2

Thursday Continued:

Well I have had enough for a while so I figure that it is a good idea to calm down and leave her alone for a while. Go and replace the Brake Booster on my Beast, easy job except for that stuipid brake switch. Test drive bakes are good and no cruise but brake lights work, jiggle the brake switch and all is good. Pop down a little latter to pull the dizzy from the b**ch and in taking off the cap find that it has no centre button, coil contact, explains no spark. s**t and now its after 5pm and Bursons is closed, no problems now that I know what is the issue and I will fix it tomorrow when Bursons opens.

Friday:

Down early to Bursons and pick up the new cap, no problems give the man a new one. Go home fit the cap and plug leads and test, have spark, beauty. Crank her over and no start. Had enough, and I call Joe at CMS, this man is so helpful, he suggests a few thing ie fuel pump cutting in, yes, Injectors pulsing, yes. mmmmmmmm interesting so I let Joe know that I and getting the car towed into his shop and as always with Joe there is no problem. Tilt tray $99.00 and I leave it with Joe and he will ring when its done. Go home and settle down to relax, Joe wakes me a 4:50pm :roll: :oops: and say that I need to come in as he has the problem solved. Head in and and Joes goes to start the car and nothing cranks over but no fire, we check a few more thing and then after spraying almost half a can of starter Joe pours some fuel direct down the Throttle Body and we get a start, idles but dies under power, she is staving for fuel, enough for her to idle but not to start. Joe tells me to grab a new Pump on Saturday and he will see me then.

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:35 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Part 3

Saturday:

While down a Liverpool on Friday night I picked up a set of recoed AU injectors off Troyman just in case. Up early Saturday and grap a couple of Fuel Regs as well as a MAP sensor out of spares just in case. Do bit of a ring around a 8am to price a pump and availability and price vary from $91.91 to $164.00. Burson offer to better the best price and they have 3 in stock. Take the eldest Daughter to work and then down to Burson and grab my pump, Off to CMS and Joe. Get to Joes and after Renold finishes a rear brake change Wade turned up and we pulled the fuel filter, yuck, full of s**t and almost blocked, beauty, new filter and we crank her over, no fire. OK we pull the pump, great act this is on a wagon, bloody tank is half full, we got fuel in cans and drums every where :lol: :cry:. Pump out and changed and here we go. Same story no fire. OK pull the Fuel Rail, injectors and giving bad jet and no2 is hardly spraying at all. Fit the AU injectors and test, good pressure and spray. Crank her over and same story again. Change plugs, hey why not we changed everything else. No go. OK TFI Module, not much else left, Joe changed this while the Dizzy was still in the car, same story. As a last resort Joe moved the timing a little as we cranked and she fire into life HOOORAY :D :D :D Smiles all round. Minor adjustment on the timing and we take her for a run, Feel like a total new car, more power that she has ever had, take her round to add a bit more fuel and notice the fuel guage is not working AAAAAAHHHHHH, bugger it we will fix it on Wednesday, we think it might be stuck on the internal tank filter. Too much fuel in her to do it again and we have all had enough. Took her for a run down the M5 to Campbelltown on the way home and she performed realy well, got a little warm, sat on M but with a day of 38deg plus that is to be expected, turn the AC on and temp drops down to A.

I would like to express my thanks to Troyman and Benj for their advice and Troyman for thre injectors.

A Special Thanks to Joe and Renold from CMS for all their help, these guys are always there when you need help, and also thanks to Wade who gave up part of his Saturday to help out.

I appreciate all your efforts in getting the Boss back on the road, she is a happy woman again, she loves her car as she says she can,t see over the steering wheel in my car due to the new seats :roll:

What a 3 days :roll:

Post subject: Re: The Bosses Wagon - The b**ch - What a 3 Days
Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

Hey SWC.

I was wondering how it all went. Seems to be no definitive answer as to what the issue was. I bet it was a culmination of things, and as you fixed one issue, another reared its head.

I am pleased to hear it is running better than ever. It must be a big relief for you too.

Chat to ya soon.

BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EDL Fairmont Wagon/AU XR8 Ghia

NSW, Australia

Jeezus matey, sounds like the sort of day I would have! Glad to hear its running at least!

=1994 ED Wagon GLi body/EL Fairmont spec with *ALL* EL running gear.=
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=65695
=1998 EL Futura Sedan - The EF Fairmonts Replacement=
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=106588

Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:36 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

glad to see its up and running paul..
atleast now all the troublsome servicable bits have been changed and it should be sweet for some time now...

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next