The New Barge 

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: The New Barge
Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: BA XR6T

NSW, Australia

Hay guys, well after a bit of time in the red camp I soon realised that it wasnt for me so i sold it, so with the money from that sale burning a hole in my pocket I decided to have a look at what was for sale, my only criteria was that it had to be V8 and had to be a ford, so after some searching I came across 2 possible cars, 1 was a AU series 1 ex pursuit car that was fairly average and need a box, the 2nd was a very mint looking NCII Fairlane Ghia, I had contemplated the 2 for a few days before making the decision to go and have a look at the NC, well after about a hour of chat later I was a very proud owner of one May 1993 NCII V8 Fairlane Ghia with all the options apart from leather, it has fully functioning 2 way sunroof, full premo sound (headunit has been changed tho) and all the usual fairlane options, also has a cat back 2 1/2 exhaust.

For a car its age it is in very good nick but it still has its problems, I was told the sump gasket was leaking as it would go threw about a litre a week of oil, the RHR window reg had died, the air con neeeds attention and the diff sounds like a whinging hyena, there is some front suspension work that needs looking at, and a cracked front headlight, a apart from those she is pretty sweet. Now she is unlicensed but is booked in on the 3rd to get inspected and is booked in tomorrow to have the suspension looked at.

Imediate future mods after licnesing will be a suspension redo and bring her closer to the tarmac, get guards rolled to suit, window tint, and a good shampoo of the interior to bring it back to a respectable level.

Future mods after some time will be to finish the exhaust (extractors and cats), new diff with maybe 3.45 or 3.73 ratio, freshen up of the auto then will be new heads, new cam, new intake etc etc, nothing stupid just simple and reliable, then maybe one day look at a 351 conversion and go a little bigger with heads and cam etc but that will be a fair way away.

Time for some pics, first one is how I bought her the rest is upto how she sits now.

let me know opionions of the 18's as im still undecided,

cheers
Josh

Also forgot to add, the sump gasket wasnt leaking it was the oil pressure switch which has now been replaced along with the headlight and the window reg.

Post subject: Re: The New Barge
Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:24 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

looks good, what car did you have from the red camp.????

Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

haha nice clean lane, but I can't help laugh at the first pic, ALLWEST DENTURES sign above a Fairlane, really going grampa spec hey.

and yes I know it actually a bp, but still. f**k :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

otherwise, seriously needs dumpage, and then lowering, these, are just sweet however need to be scraping. :lol:

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Troy i bought a VR V6 5 speed but didnt like it so sold it which funded the new barge,

OZBMX- i had no idea about the denture sign, thats a classic, yea dumpage is on the cards once its rego'd as is the removal of the mudflaps as they are starting to annoy me when i go over speed humps.

Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:56 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

yea the commo aint nothing to get excited about, i just sold a 96 vs lexcan i was using to run around in and it was a horrible car to drive....
imo even the eb ed is still a better car to drive and better build quality..
good to see you back in a ford....lol

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yeai don't know how these people can drive around in the VR-VS como's even the VTs are poo, the fairlane drives better with stuffed ball joints and rooted wheel bearings, ford happened to just make a better car for this year range, it feels so good to be back in a ford again, cross fingures I might be able to save enough money and get enough time off work to be able to drive over sometime next year for a catch up but we will see how it goes.

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well the old girl had a inspection on the suspension side of thins today and looks like there are some bushes and stuff that need doing, im going to attempt these myself over the next couple of days to try and save the $450 they want to do all the work, lets hope i can do it and keep it drivable to get to and from work. Will get the full list and update tomorrow.

Cheers
Josh

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

Sweet pick up mate. Lane with a 5.0 and sunroof!

I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with this. :D

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:29 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: DL LTD - AU LTD Limousine

NSW, Australia

Nice ride... the wheels are good too but it needs low badly...
well done

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Thanks for all the feedback guys most appreciated, will get it lowered once it's regoed and I get the front guards rolled

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Blue and White Mercedes

NSW, Australia

URZ2NV wrote:
cross fingures I might be able to save enough money and get enough time off work to be able to drive over sometime next year for a catch up but we will see how it goes.

f**k!!! Tell me when, so I can head to Perth :P

BTW, can you keep this car clean without raping it? I understand that this will be a first :P

Remember kids, the more pages of crap in your build thread, the bigger your e-penis is

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:41 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

a_total_tool wrote:
URZ2NV wrote:
cross fingures I might be able to save enough money and get enough time off work to be able to drive over sometime next year for a catch up but we will see how it goes.

BTW, can you keep this car clean without raping it? I understand that this will be a first :P

Your time of the month Tooley? bit catty today mate..

I have a car.

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

a_total_tool wrote:
URZ2NV wrote:

Will do Chris lol, what you mean rape it, I can't really do to much to it looks wise only engine wise :-)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]