Fordmods Logo

ToranaGuy - Got my kicks on Route 66! :-) 

Page 79 of 81 [ 1212 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next

Post subject: Re: ToranaGuys Build Thread - Eb Ghia Started up 21/7
Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

While that would be nice, I really can't devote that much cash to my daily drive. Too many other projects to spend cash on. Speaking of which, I might have sorted a deal to sell the cortina, and then I need to think about the white Xr8, what am I doing with it? Might be time to move it on so I can spend time & cash on something else.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:54 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
I've been thinking hydraulic conversion, but like most Eseries guys, I don't have a lot of cash to throw at that idea. For now, I'll have to change the peddle box. I have other projects I need to throw cash at, and I have spares to get this issue resolved.
If you use 19mm bore jap masters and slaves, you don't need a lot of money, just a mig, grinder, and some 4/5mm plate off cuts.
For the meantime, you can drill the spot welds out, and make the top part of the pedal box a bolt on - so in future, you can remove it without a dash pull.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:58 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Mitsubishi TE Magna

VIC, Australia

there was a bloke on boosted falcon making hydraulic conversion kits to suit e series and the t5:)

http://www.boostedfalcon.net/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=25470

have a look, i'm considering it for mine too

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I've been looking at toyota hilux/landcruiser bits to make my own hydraulic setup, but that it still money and time I could possibly better spend atm. I have some drawings, if/when I get the time I might actually make my setup.

I really wanna get my pano on the road sometime early next year, and I've also a wedding early next year too. Not to mention my latest toy & time pit, a HJ60 landcruiser!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:35 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EB XR8

VIC, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
While that would be nice, I really can't devote that much cash to my daily drive. Too many other projects to spend cash on. Speaking of which, I might have sorted a deal to sell the cortina, and then I need to think about the white Xr8, what am I doing with it? Might be time to move it on so I can spend time & cash on something else.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Thinking of selling thw white one? :lol:

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:25 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

89S-PACK wrote:
there was a bloke on boosted falcon making hydraulic conversion kits to suit e series and the t5:)http://www.boostedfalcon.net/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=25470
have a look, i'm considering it for mine too
It's good of him to offer, but all the conversions I've seen use the BA master cyl, which costs $$$, there are cheaper options.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

I used to say "knees should not be part of the human anatomy" on a regular basis. However, since having a lucky knee op and about a 100grams of shrapnel removed as a bonus (surgeon was quite happy with telling me this, even though there is some left in there....) it is now the back that causes most of my frustration with the human form in its current state of evolution.

Having working legs and bladder is good. Much better than wheelchair and little plastic bag with tube to intestines for picking up drug ho's.

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I've been busy thinking about this a lot more, designing and so on. Spent some time looking for suppliers other than ford for the BA master cylinders. I have found an aftermarket supplier that is a lot cheaper than the price of Ford. Still pricey, but a lot closer to affordable. Would also be a lot neater than a setup in the engine bay.

The peddle with the BA master on eBay for about $800, I reckon I can make something similar for about 1/2 that price.

Anyway, I've been busy cruzin around like a gramps in my ed fairmont auto, a temporary solution to no driving stick. Stock as a rock, damn it's slow!

Also finally done the resistor mod for the EB Xr8, now I just need to put some fresh petrol in it, doesn't run very well with the fuel in the tank. (stale)

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:28 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Food for thought pricewise - I recently bought 3 x Toyota Dyna Masters, 3 x Mazda E1800 slaves, parts kits for a master and a slave for a tad over $240 - all new items.

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Well guys, it's been ages since I've posted in here. Haven't done much with the car's due to my ongoing knee issue. It's still not healed. It's April 2014, I'm still limping, not fun at all.

Anyway, got married back in March, took my wife to hawaii for a week, then we flew over to the mainland USA & spent just over 2 weeks there. Did a bit of driving in a Dodge Challenger I rented. Wow, what a car. I want one lol!

Vegas was cool, The canyon was awesome, it's so much bigger in real life. Route 66 is very cool, Cadillac ranch is a very windy place! I have to go back to do more of it one day soon!

Stopped passed Summit racing in Sparks, NV on the way back to LA, bought some bits & pieces, inc some hydraulic clutch parts to build a setup for myself. Way cheaper than over here in AUS!

Anyway, I might put up a few pics if anyone is interested...

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:17 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BF Egas Tonner

NSW, Australia

Congrats on the wedding.
Driving in the US is fun. I was driving a Charger a couple of years ago from San Francisco down to LA had a blast.
Hope the knee improves soon.

Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: XG

VIC, Australia

Sounds like it was fun man, defiantly post pics.

XG Ute - 3 Seater - Auto - Dual Fuel

Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 3:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

It was the trip of a lifetime! While waiting at the docs, it's time to upload a few pics...

Mustang I hired while on Oahu, Hawaii. Only a v6 but it was fun to drive.

A beach out of town on Oahu.

Driving down the cost on Oahu.

Santa Monica pier at night - awesome place!

On the way to Las Vegas... What an awesome drive it was..

No flux capacitor

Williams, Arizona.

Albuquerque, New Mexio.

I'll post up some more soon. We made it all the way to Amarillo, Texas before we had to turn around & trek home to LA, then the long haul flight all the way back to Sydney before a domestic flight home to melbourne. We were supposed to have a stop over in Vancouver for dinner but we got bumped to another flight. That sucked, was really looking forward to one last surprise for my wife on the way home. She didn't know we were leaving Hawaii & heading to the USA, that was a total surprise. :-)

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 3:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

foggy wrote:
Congrats on the wedding.
Driving in the US is fun. I was driving a Charger a couple of years ago from San Francisco down to LA had a blast.
Hope the knee improves soon.

Thanks man. Driving in the US was a blast, those LA freeways are crazy, everyone doing anywhere from the speed limit (65mph most of the time that I seen ) upto 100mph, at times 6 lanes of traffic traveling that fast, no accidents that I ever come across. Surprisingly it didn't take as long to get around LA as I thought. Sunset blvd & Hollywood blvd were cool but not quite what I expected.

Driving on Oahu in Hawaii, was nice outside of Waikiki, however, inside Waikiki was rather stressful! Some very scenic highways on Oahu, I'll never forget!

JUZXR8 - Only if I got a good enough offer. It's a series 1 eb Xr8 factory manual & LSD, so far, the only offers I have had are laughable. Yes it needs work, but it's a collectors car. First of the return of the v8 sports falcons with a manual box (not the easiest thing to find out there, not too many built)... Anyway, the car club I'm with now has club permit scheme rights, so by the time I can finish the white one off it's eligible, so I might as well just keep it anyway! :twisted:

If I can get my knee right, I only need a new air compressor and about 6 solid weekends on my panel van and it will be tidy & roadworthy, then onto club plates it goes! :D

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Post subject: Re: ToranaGuy - Got my kicks on Route 66! :-)
Posted: Mon May 26, 2014 11:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Time for a few more pics...

Awesome cafe... who can tell me where this is?

Fuel, somewhere in Nevada iirc. So cheap. Roughly 3.7l to a Gallon! Check out the octane rating tho!

Not far off full! Check out how cheap!

Route 66 Auto Museum, a very cool place to visit!

Rolled into Williams, Az, Route 66 at night & was greeted by lots of very 60's looking Neon lights like this one. Was like driving back in time!

Driving... Yes 100kph on the offramp!

Summit Racing, Sparks, Nv. Just had to stop past here. It's so full of WIN! Pretty sure this is the store the roadkill guys did the engine swap in the snow...

Out in the Nevada desert, is there a de-lorean hiding in here? I didn't have time to find out ;-)

I'll post up some more soon.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Sort by  
 Page 79 of 81  [ 1212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next