Fordmods Logo

XF UTE BUILD "YELLOW XF XR8 UTE" 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: XF UTE BUILD "YELLOW XF XR8 UTE"
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:51 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

G'day I'm fairly new on here.

I have a 93 XF Falcon ute that I will be placing the V8 and Auto out of a 93 NC Fairlane into.
I am 19, I have a 1966 Mustang which I am currently restoring with Dad that I bought and imported at 15. This XF is just a cheap side project that I am 'cutting my teeth' on as if I screw it up, it's not a huge deal.

I picked it up after going for a drive around the neighbourhood one Sunday morning for $200. Head was in the back, I didn't care as I had one plan... The Fairlane gear into it.
I bought the Fairlane whilst I was in grade 12 for the running gear for the Mustang but have got a worked 302 carby job and C4 for it so it became surplus.

Pulled the motor and T5 out

It had an XG left front guard, bonnet and right front guard were stuffed, got another XG guard for the left and the bonnet.

This is the fairlane

The ute will be painted yellow, this is what we're doing the mustang so I figure a bit of consistency :P
I'm going to throw and XH rear bar on which I am picking up tomorrow, Fairlane front seats and cluster as well as cruise control, the fairlane climate control and all of that.

The ute has some rust in the tub, I have just attacked this bit up the front. Lots of tacks and will sikaflex the rest as this will seal, prevent further rust and it will be stronger the way I've done it with welds on inside and out.
I will start on the wheel arches soon.

Rubbish that came out of it

I have checked out a few other threads of people doing similar and have been of influence.
XF84 and Jackos80's threads on their XH's are of interest to me too, I won't be getting a blower though :P

Post subject: Re: XF UTE BUILD "YELLOW XF XR8 UTE"
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Boosted ED XR6, EBII Mont Wgn

Power: 252 rwkw

VIC, Australia

nice work mate keep it up, not sure how your going to go registering this with the V8 in there, as XF's were never released with V8's from factory, unless you are getting an engineers done of course.

[SEXYR-6] ED XR6 T5 Turbo Build
[EBW-347] EB Wagon V8 Stroker Build
FordMods Member #1761

Post subject: Re: XF UTE BUILD "YELLOW XF XR8 UTE"
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:41 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

sexyr6 wrote:
nice work mate keep it up, not sure how your going to go registering this with the V8 in there, as XF's were never released with V8's from factory, unless you are getting an engineers done of course.

That's the easy bit. Qld mod plate and we're on our way.
A few others on here have done it... Rear discs and v8 front springs seem the norm for a mod plate.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]