Fordmods Logo

XH XR6 Gone - Now ED XR6 to V8 Conversion 

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: Dazza's XH XR6 Longreach
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:52 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 2 images

Ok well not much has been going on with the ute lately , figured i might as well have a crack at the power windows conversion .......but finding XF power window regulators was harder than thought

but with a stroke of luck at pick n payless i found a XF ghia and got the regulators and handles with switches

I have the parts but am unsure how to wire it up :( if someone has a diagram or something it would be much appreciated

Also does anyone have any idea how to fit XD-XE-XE opening quarter windows to a XH ? again i have the parts but not sure how they mount up

Post subject: Re: XH XR6
Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:07 am 
Parts Gopher

Not much to update but pics are always good :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

Sweet ute, looks great.

I like the interior work. Whats involved with the AU console conversion? How well does it mount?

The windows will be easy, just need to know which colours are what if you wish to use the XF switches.

Each motor gets power and a ground through the window switch, with the polarity reversed when you go the other way.

Basically each switch needs power and a ground which it then feeds to the motor.

Can we see the marine carpet in the tray?

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:07 am 
Parts Gopher

The AU console isnt hard to mount, just make some brackets from sheet steel and mount it to the factory Xh console mount spots. To be honest it looks far better than the blocky xh one and sits nice and flush :)

Ill try to get some pics up of the Marine Carpet in the tray but its raining here atm :(

I just need a set of regulators as i pulled them out of the rear doors of a XF ghia .....any wiring diagrams for relays etc for the conversion?

Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:49 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Always Falcons.

VIC, Australia

Looking good, seats are real nice... How'd you attach the shift boot?
If you're still after wiring diagrams, I should be able to help you out no problems...but switches should be easy...
How much different are the 1/4 windows to the fixed ones?
Dont you just cut them out, clean em up, sikaflex em back in, then attach the lock in the right spot?
Just guessing...

EF2 XR8 Lowered on Genuine EL GT 17", Slotted + Drilled all round, Custom retrimmed ghia interior, competition stereo, DiFillipo headers, hi-flow cats, single muffler 3", K&N, custom maf/induction and rear window venetian

Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:55 pm 
Parts Gopher

Sorry guys haven't been on the forum for a while now , bit hard to keep with anything or progress when you lose your job :(

Anyways time to get up to date with things,

FG Super Pursuit seats have been removed (due to fact they make me sit too high)
I might think about selling them with with the match FPV door trims if anyone is interested

Double DIN Head Deck has been removed and a single DIN unit has been fitted cause it looks out of place and is difficult to use especially being manual the gearstick can obstruct it use

Quarter windows are proving to be a head-ache at the moment as i have to get some XH-XH window surrounds (interior) to modify to allow for the latch that opens them.

Just purchased a Hard Lid today for a steal at $250, being patient pays off :)

Pacemaker Extractors (Comp) have been removed as they keep leaking and cracking (not impressed) :evil:

As for Boost i cant do it without a some form of income :( I have a T04E sitting on the shelf begging to be bolted up to ute

Reply to TFORD8 : i made 2 plastic cutouts and glued one to the inside of the AU centre console and put the gear boot in between the two cutouts and screwed them together

Reply to SLO247 : So sorry bud about the delay , i will post up a picture of it tomorrow

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:39 pm 
Parts Gopher

Here is a pic of the marine carpet i installed , sorry bout the mess in the back

Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:27 pm 
Parts Gopher

was waiting for this day to happen , damn clutch pedal pin bent in and made the clutch pedal near impossible to use.

Quite glad that it only took 2 hours to remove , weld the pin back and refit in the XH (dash didnt need to come out)

Sorry no pics for this one :(

Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:31 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 86 XF Falcon ute

VIC, Australia

Love the ute. How much do you want for the seats? Also what type of marine carpet did you use and where did you get it from?

Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:32 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Love the ute. How much do you want for the seats? Also what type of marine carpet did you use and where did you get it from?

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:37 pm 
Parts Gopher

I got the marine carpet from BCF for around $30 a metre , its very easy to cut with a stanley knife.

Im not sure how much they are really worth but if i do part with them they will come with the matching door cards.

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:45 pm 
Parts Gopher

I got the marine carpet from BCF for around $30 a metre , its very easy to cut with a stanley knife.

Im not sure how much they are really worth but if i do part with them they will come with the matching door cards.

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:50 pm 
Parts Gopher

Quite happy with what i picked up from pick n payless on friday last week.

Air Box and snorkel for $40 , anyways needed a new airbox as mine had a crack in in

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:42 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Ok nice

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:56 am 
Parts Gopher

Attachment:
1383908_667157559969335_202812919_n.jpg
VHT Wrinkle Paint Red was finished in the heat of today , so glad it turned out amazing ..... Also to add lowered it nice and even plus a camber kit
Attachment:
PA063211.JPG

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next