Fordmods Logo

XR-Lane's NF Fairlane - Finished 

Page 69 of 70 [ 1036 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70  Next

Post subject: Re: XR-Lane's NF Fairlane - rebuild around the corner.
Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:31 pm 
SA Cruise Moderator

Ride: Ford Ed

SA, Australia

Wanna go four wheel driving tomorrow? We will take the laser ;)

Adelaide E Series

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:39 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: 1975 XB Falcon 500

SA, Australia

B0XCAR wrote:

Cant tomorrow. Im free on sunday :D

http://www.facebook.com/Ford1975

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:42 pm 
SA Cruise Moderator

Ride: Ford Ed

SA, Australia

XR-Lane wrote:
B0XCAR wrote:

Cant tomorrow. Im free on sunday :D

Sweet, I know perfect places :) Hehe

Looks good but :)

Adelaide E Series

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

The Laser looks pretty cool Josh, they are an awesome run-about car I reckon. Those wheels are ROH Adrenaline's I believe, suits the look of the laser's quite well, just needs some dumpage hey :P

Good to see you back on the forums too by the way :wink:

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: BA on gas. EL on gas. XF on gas.

SA, Australia

ROH Adrenalin

Member Number 8804

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:56 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

SA, Australia

Cheers guys.

KWIKXR wrote:
just needs some dumpage hey :P

Yeah I agree, but do they make lowered springs for these lol.

And just a bit of trivia for you guys. The Laser now has bigger rims than the Fairlane :P

Cheers

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA on gas. EL on gas. XF on gas.

SA, Australia

Give S.A. Suspension a call for some King springs.

Member Number 8804

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

New Zealand

XR-Lane wrote:
Cheers guys.

KWIKXR wrote:
just needs some dumpage hey :P

Yeah I agree, but do they make lowered springs for these lol.

They sure do, Heres some Dobi Superlows in mine. The front does sit quite a bit lower, it's just it's parked on a bad angle on the road.

The springs make it handle A s**t LOAD better, it's like a gokart, i can go around corners in this thing like it's fixed to the road. Plus it will be getting a DOHC engine and Astina sport seats soon too 8-)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:30 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

SA, Australia

XFWAGON wrote:
They sure do, Heres some Dobi Superlows in mine. The front does sit quite a bit lower, it's just it's parked on a bad angle on the road.

The springs make it handle A s**t LOAD better, it's like a gokart, i can go around corners in this thing like it's fixed to the road. Plus it will be getting a DOHC engine and Astina sport seats soon too 8-)

Had no idea that you had a laser as a daily. Is the NC going at the moment? Yours seems to sit quite nice on the super lows, assuming what you said about the funny angle its parked on.

MadMatt wrote:
Give S.A. Suspension a call for some King springs.

I dont really want to buy new springs for it, might have to see if I can get some second hand.

Cheers

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Lasers are not too bad of car's for run arounds. I run around in my little 3cyl mighty boy when the Ghia is off the road, if you wanna talk buzz boxes lol. A whole 800cc of powah! :lol:

My cousin had a 92 laser for about 3 years, didn't do anything to it except abuse it, and it only ever broke down once, the coil lead fell off the dizzy end. Plugged it back on & it kept going. It didn't even get a service or a drop of oil in that time.... Only reason it was replaced was that her son run it up the a*** of a 4x4 lol.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

XR-Lane wrote:
XFWAGON wrote:

Had no idea that you had a laser as a daily. Is the NC going at the moment? Yours seems to sit quite nice on the super lows, assuming what you said about the funny angle its parked on.

LTD is going, but not very well, did an injector swap and something must have gone wrong somewhere.

I bought it about 3 years ago because i couldn't afford to run the LTD as a daily (was costing me $120 a week in fuel) since then it's been fitted out with Ghia interior, TX3 mags and front skirt, power steering, headers and muffler. In the next couple of weeks it's getting a 1500 dohc and G series gearbox, Astina GT sport interior, and i want to get the bumpers painted to match the car. It sits very nice, i think it's just my camera angle and the angle of the road it's on, it usually sits about level with the rear.

I see that your Laser is carbed too, best thing is get a set of lukey 4-2-1 headers, cut out the rear muffler and put in a hotdog muffler, it sounds great, not loud, not droney, just very smooth and nice sounding, plus i was stunned at the amount of throttle response i got from losing the restrictive manifolds and rear muffler.

You won't regret getting lower springs, they drive a hell of a lot nicer than standard, although if you don't like bumpy rides or your local roads are crap, i would suggest just getting lows :P

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

ToranaGuy wrote:
Lasers are not too bad of car's for run arounds. I run around in my little 3cyl mighty boy when the Ghia is off the road, if you wanna talk buzz boxes lol. A whole 800cc of powah! :lol:

My cousin had a 92 laser for about 3 years, didn't do anything to it except abuse it, and it only ever broke down once, the coil lead fell off the dizzy end. Plugged it back on & it kept going. It didn't even get a service or a drop of oil in that time.... Only reason it was replaced was that her son run it up the a*** of a 4x4 lol.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

lol they sure are tough old birds!! Mine has 257000k on the clock, doesn't even smoke at all! I haven't even changed the plugs or leads or air filter (i really should) and it goes great, would go even better with new leads/plugs etc. The other day i thought i better check the oil, pulled the stick out and it was dry as a bone. Whoops :oops:

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:23 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

SA, Australia

XFWAGON wrote:
I bought it about 3 years ago because i couldn't afford to run the LTD as a daily (was costing me $120 a week in fuel) since then it's been fitted out with Ghia interior, TX3 mags and front skirt, power steering, headers and muffler. In the next couple of weeks it's getting a 1500 dohc and G series gearbox, Astina GT sport interior, and i want to get the bumpers painted to match the car. It sits very nice, i think it's just my camera angle and the angle of the road it's on, it usually sits about level with the rear.

Sounds like you like your laser just as much as your DC :) does the mazda version have better interior?

Also I am guessing the power steering is off the 2.0 injected Ghia. Will this bolt straight on the 1.6?

XFWAGON wrote:
I see that your Laser is carbed too, best thing is get a set of lukey 4-2-1 headers, cut out the rear muffler and put in a hotdog muffler, it sounds great, not loud, not droney, just very smooth and nice sounding, plus i was stunned at the amount of throttle response i got from losing the restrictive manifolds and rear muffler.

I was looking under the bonnet and I started scratching my head :| These things have so many plastic tubes and other s**t hanging off it. I know its anti emissions and all the rest, but will car run any better or worse if I remove some of this gear?

XFWAGON wrote:
You won't regret getting lower springs, they drive a hell of a lot nicer than standard, although if you don't like bumpy rides or your local roads are crap, i would suggest just getting lows :P

Yeah I may just do that. As it is now the rear sits an inch and a half lower than the front. I would be happy if the front matched the back.

ToranaGuy wrote:

Cheers

Yeah I seen that Mighty Boy in your thread. Bloody handy little car that must be.

Cheers

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Mate, i LOVE my Laser, in a different way to the DC. There are so many different interiors it's not funny, XL,GL,Ghia, TX3, then you have the 323's/Familia's,Astinas etc etc.

All laser door cards and seats will fit in Lasers etc, where the Mazda seats will fit in the Laser but only a few of the door cards.

Power steering came off a 1.6 Laser Ghia. Although the GL's also have it. A very simple swap and well worth it, honestly Joshie, these cars are like lego, most stuff from other models fits. Mainly because the bodies are the same, and the engines are largely unchanged between models you can chop and swap.

You can run a pod setup off the top of your carby and that will delete the emisions gear, i'm not sure how legal that is in Aus but your laser will sure benefit from it. Something like this (not mine) http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/9514/enginebayga.jpg

I'm not too clued up on Aussie Lasers as i see you crazy guys have factory injection gear on the sohc engines. In NZ our engines for the KF/KH Laser are as follows:

Laser XL,GL,Ghia: 1.5 SOHC Carb Auto, 1.6 Carb Manual F series gearbox
Laser S : 1.5 DOHC Auto, 1.5 DOHC Manual (123hp tune from factory!) G series gearbox
Laser TX3i : 1.8 BP DOHC Manual G series gearbox with larger diff
Laser GTX : 1.8 BP DOHC Auto, 1.8 BPT DOHC Manual Turbo 4wd gearbox (some models)

Last edited by XFWAGON on Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

That Laser actually looks pretty bloody good Josh.
You have now got me thinking.
Might have a sniff around and see whats available cheap for the work commute and to keep Donnas XR8 out of the supermarket carpark.
No point in getting another Falcon as I will spend money on that but a Laser looks ok and I really would have no desire to mod it at all!

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Sort by  
 Page 69 of 70  [ 1036 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70  Next