Fordmods Logo

xr6 engine conversion into my eb. 

 

Page 4 of 37 [ 552 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 37  Next

 
 Post subject: Re: xr6 engine conversion into my eb.
Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:06 am 
Tyre Shredder
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 358

Joined: 2nd Jan 2016

Ride: eb ford falcon ghia

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

ye man im keen to see under your bonnet. I gotta get me a work manual for it but cant get 1till next week. It should be ok to run my eb next to the ba and use jumper leads to crank it over hey?
The ba has no battery, so i was going to hook the jumper lead straight up to the +and- cables?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: xr6 engine conversion into my eb.
Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:16 am 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 247

Joined: 24th Jun 2014

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Location: Jamestown
SA, Australia

The one at the front near the throttle is breather like you said and connects to throttle body pipes.
The one at the rear I'm think is brake booster on the fire wall.

You should be able to just use jump leads to test start, just keep them isolated from Arcing and shorting, shouldn't have any trouble

 

_________________

Current Ride
BA XR6 Turbo, P3 Paint, BP Trim, Fully Stock Mods to Come!
1996 EF Falcon furura, White.
BA XR6 , P3 Paint, BG Trim, crashed in front but thinking of fixing!

BLUE BLOOD
Previous Rides
1997 EL Falcon
1980 Ford Escort

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: xr6 engine conversion into my eb.
Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:51 am 
Tyre Shredder
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 358

Joined: 2nd Jan 2016

Ride: eb ford falcon ghia

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

I was just looking that the car then, awsome you were spot on man . That hose connection was the brake booster hose. I got every thing pluged back up now. Exept the last bolt on the inlet manifold at the bottom back side. so hard to reach that1. il try n crank it over today.. hopefuly we get abit of spark aswell so i can run it for a half a min or so.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: xr6 engine conversion into my eb.
Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:36 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 59

Posts: 6794

Joined: 22nd Jun 2005

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

Location: Campbelltown
NSW, Australia

First pic, Rear of Engine, Goes to the brake booster, just block it off.

2nd pic, rocker cover, is the PCV vent, no need to plug it up to test but bdon't leave it open in storage as you will get dirt and moisture in there.

 

_________________

SWC

South West Customs


Members of the SWC Stable, fordebgt93, TROYMAN, Benj, svo_matt, Mrs C, eb_fairmont, Total_tool, Terroristghia

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: xr6 engine conversion into my eb.
Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:07 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 95

Joined: 19th Jan 2016

Ride: G6e

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

Well guys all i ask is please document the wiring part a little bit to convince me to go ba ecu as when i purchase my wreck I'm just going to ef ecu plus j3 tune


Also i did some research alot of Honda guys in the USA seem to revert there cars back to obd1from obd2 as its cheaper to tune for turbo set ups etc i guess there's some light in the end of the tubber for the j3 guys
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: xr6 engine conversion into my eb.
Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2353

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

barraea wrote:
Well guys all i ask is please document the wiring part a little bit to convince me to go ba ecu as when i purchase my wreck I'm just going to ef ecu plus j3 tune


Also i did some research alot of Honda guys in the USA seem to revert there cars back to obd1from obd2 as its cheaper to tune for turbo set ups etc i guess there's some light in the end of the tubber for the j3 guys



i'm wanting to go manual on mine ... so i'm gunna be comparing the BA auto wiring with a AU manual wiring .... thankfully mine came with 2 keys & BA manual ecu is currently $200 on upay...... :roll:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: xr6 engine conversion into my eb.
Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:14 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 95

Joined: 19th Jan 2016

Ride: G6e

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
barraea wrote:
Well guys all i ask is please document the wiring part a little bit to convince me to go ba ecu as when i purchase my wreck I'm just going to ef ecu plus j3 tune


Also i did some research alot of Honda guys in the USA seem to revert there cars back to obd1from obd2 as its cheaper to tune for turbo set ups etc i guess there's some light in the end of the tubber for the j3 guys



i'm wanting to go manual on mine ... so i'm gunna be comparing the BA auto wiring with a AU manual wiring .... thankfully mine came with 2 keys & BA manual ecu is currently $200 on upay...... :roll:


Nice will that work a hybrid loom?

Was about to buy a wreck for 2 grand ba xr the wheels don't sit straight but way to much chipboard to what you guys paid
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: xr6 engine conversion into my eb.
Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2353

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

barraea wrote:
Mad2 wrote:

i'm wanting to go manual on mine ... so i'm gunna be comparing the BA auto wiring with a AU manual wiring .... thankfully mine came with 2 keys & BA manual ecu is currently $200 on upay...... :roll:


Nice will that work a hybrid loom?

Was about to buy a wreck for 2 grand ba xr the wheels don't sit straight but way to much chipboard to what you guys paid



don't know ... last time i did any wiring on a car, it was too retro fit 1977 wiring/column into a 1969 .. val! .. this is a bit more to get me head around. want to get it running on it's own before transplant time. my BA is a futura & to get it running i had to throw in a AU radiator and all i really wanted was the motor/wiring looms. rest is a bonus for my partners BF [which is not much lol ]. seeing as your front is stuffed just cut the bar out so is easier to pull motor :mrgreen: try & remember engine bay pics for ya
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: xr6 engine conversion into my eb.
Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:49 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 95

Joined: 19th Jan 2016

Ride: G6e

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
barraea wrote:
Mad2 wrote:

i'm wanting to go manual on mine ... so i'm gunna be comparing the BA auto wiring with a AU manual wiring .... thankfully mine came with 2 keys & BA manual ecu is currently $200 on upay...... :roll:


Nice will that work a hybrid loom?

Was about to buy a wreck for 2 grand ba xr the wheels don't sit straight but way to much chipboard to what you guys paid



don't know ... last time i did any wiring on a car, it was too retro fit 1977 wiring/column into a 1969 .. val! .. this is a bit more to get me head around. want to get it running on it's own before transplant time. my BA is a futura & to get it running i had to throw in a AU radiator and all i really wanted was the motor/wiring looms. rest is a bonus for my partners BF [which is not much lol ]. seeing as your front is stuffed just cut the bar out so is easier to pull motor :mrgreen: try & remember engine bay pics for ya


When you say on its own you mean out of either car?

Or as in in the ba you want to start her up to hear how it runs?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: xr6 engine conversion into my eb.
Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:38 am 
Tyre Shredder
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 358

Joined: 2nd Jan 2016

Ride: eb ford falcon ghia

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

Tryed to crank the ba over, but my car did not have enough in it to do so hahaha. The starter motor tryed to do its thing but only ticked. I also cut the top of the front off the car took ages as i only had a crapy angle grinder. I just have to let the aircon gas out so i can remove the aircon radiator then the front will be open enough to pull the engine and box out. When i take the wiring out il lay it all out and take pics of it to post up. i got sum pcm conection diagrams i found on google il psot them up.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: xr6 engine conversion into my eb.
Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:40 am 
Tyre Shredder
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 358

Joined: 2nd Jan 2016

Ride: eb ford falcon ghia

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

this is 1of the layouts i found. 328 is spose to be 330. and the x on the top row is 94b. dont know about the other x x tho.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by jumpingjak on Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: xr6 engine conversion into my eb.
Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:41 am 
Tyre Shredder
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 358

Joined: 2nd Jan 2016

Ride: eb ford falcon ghia

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

this was the 2nd one i found

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: xr6 engine conversion into my eb.
Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:48 am 
Tyre Shredder
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 358

Joined: 2nd Jan 2016

Ride: eb ford falcon ghia

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

MODS TO WIRING

(O2 sensor/PowersteeringPs,wire up to matching PCM Pins)
Got these of G.Falcons thread on this mod that he did. I added the connectors tho.

O2 sensor... PCM Pin B31...328a(connector)
Power steering presure switch(psp signal)...PCM Pin B31...328a(connector)
Signal return(SIGRTN)...PCM Pin B33...359a(connector)
HEGO sensor(HEGO11(16,V8)...PCM pin B8...904(connector)
Pedal position sensor(pps1)...PCM pin B17...3835(connector)
Pedal position sensor(PPS2)...PCM PIn B18...3012(connector)
Pedal position sensor(PPS3)...PCM Pin B19...3015(connector)
Pedal position sensor VREF1...PCM Pin B20...3836(connector)
Pedal position sensor RTN1...PCM Pin B21...3837(connector)
Pedal position sensor RTN2...PCM Pin B29...1817(connector)
Pedal position sensor VREF2...PCM Pin B28...1816(connector)
Fuel pump relay(fpr)...Pin B27...926(connector)
vehicle speed signal(vss)...PinB7...679(connector)
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: xr6 engine conversion into my eb.
Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:12 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2353

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

barraea wrote:
Mad2 wrote:

don't know ... last time i did any wiring on a car, it was too retro fit 1977 wiring/column into a 1969 .. val! .. this is a bit more to get me head around. want to get it running on it's own before transplant time. my BA is a futura & to get it running i had to throw in a AU radiator and all i really wanted was the motor/wiring looms. rest is a bonus for my partners BF [which is not much lol ]. seeing as your front is stuffed just cut the bar out so is easier to pull motor :mrgreen: try & remember engine bay pics for ya


When you say on its own you mean out of either car?

Or as in in the ba you want to start her up to hear how it runs?



as in stripped down wiring looms
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: xr6 engine conversion into my eb.
Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:07 am 
Tyre Shredder
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 358

Joined: 2nd Jan 2016

Ride: eb ford falcon ghia

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

Im pritty much ready to strart pulling the engine+box out the ba. I have no work manual to help me, cant get1 till next week and cant wait that long hahah. All i have to do in the engine bay is unplug the wiring and vacum hoses, power stearing and the cat convertor is that right?. Then go under the car and undo the drive shaft, geabox mounts and engine mount
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 4 of 37  [ 552 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 37  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:14 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names