Fordmods Logo

xr6 engine conversion into my eb. 

Page 1 of 42 [ 626 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42  Next

Post subject: xr6 engine conversion into my eb.
Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: eb ford falcon ghia

NSW, Australia

Right off the start. A big thanks to G.Falcon for his awsome right up of his mod. It helped me out alot. also Mad, that pointed me towards the thread and eveyone who answered sum of my questions in there to help be decide what im going to do.. One more thing, my spelling is horrible so try and bear with me on that1. Also still new to the forums and how evrything works in here. i will take pictures and stuff as i go. This is my 1st ever mod. im good with mechanics and electonics so it should not be to hard, with sum good advise along the way is always a good thing.

Post subject: Re: xr6 engine conversion into my eb.
Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

What i plan on doing is taking the ba engine, gearbox(4speed auto), throttle peddle and maybe the cluster and put it all into my eb falcon. Most of my mod will be the same as G.Faclons mod. I think i will go with the el bonnet tho, so i dont have to mod the engine mounts. when i take the engine out i am going to strip it right down and change all the bearings, piston rings seals, maybe a paint or buff and polish. I still need to get alot of things like engine hoist, Ba work book a eb K.Frame to mod.

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:42 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:
I think i will go with the el bonnet tho, so i dont have to mod the engine mounts.

to use the full EL bonnet you will need to do some body mods as the EB/EL body are different where the bonnet locks on or are you just using the "frame" ??

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:58 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Great to see your own build thread. :D

Post up some pics of your EB and the BA you have aquired.

jumpingjak wrote:
I think i will go with the el bonnet tho, so i dont have to mod the engine mounts.

You won't be able to use the EL Bonnet unless you fit up the complete EL front clip. Try and use the earlier BTR ie EB-AU with the AU Bellhousing. The BA BTR's don't have the speedo output unless it is a non ABS ute. Sedan's pick up the speedo signal from the rear ABS.

Mad2 wrote:
jumpingjak wrote:
to use the full EL bonnet you will need to do some body mods as the EB/EL body are different where the bonnet locks on or are you just using the "frame" ??

You won't be able to use the EL Bonnet Frame either (if that is what you suggestion is) as it is a different shape to the EB/ED bonnet.

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:04 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

SWC wrote:

jumpingjak wrote:

You won't be able to use the EL Bonnet unless you fit up the complete EL front clip. Try and use the earlier BTR ie EB-AU with the AU Bellhousing. The BA BTR's don't have the speedo output unless it is a non ABS ute. Sedan's pick up the speedo signal from the rear ABS.

Mad2 wrote:
jumpingjak wrote:

You won't be able to use the EL Bonnet Frame either (if that is what you suggestion is) as it is a different shape to the EB/ED bonnet.

wasn't my suggestion

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:41 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
SWC wrote:

jumpingjak wrote:

Mad2 wrote:
jumpingjak wrote:

wasn't my suggestion

What was your suggestion?

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:46 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

SWC wrote:
Mad2 wrote:

Mad2 wrote:
jumpingjak wrote:

wasn't my suggestion

What was your suggestion?[/quote]

i didn't suggest anything - jumpingjak mentioned using the EL bonnet & i mentioned not without body mods then asked if they were gunna be using the EL frame

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:58 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

OK, just the way I read it sounds like the EL Bonnet Frame. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Fitting the EF/EL K Frame would be a good upgrade but not 100% sure of the work involved in fitting it if any.

But with the EF/EL K Frame you would need to notch it to suit the BA Sump or Modify the BA Sump to suit the EF/EL K Frame.

Replacing the front "bar" on the EB/ED K Frame with a heavier gauge tube or even a solid one would strengthen the K Frame.

I replaced Benj's with a heavier gauge tube.

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:29 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: G6e

SA, Australia

I know to fit a ba motor into a box car I've read you can just grind a tiny notch out the ba sump and have it clear but is it the same story with a au motor into box car?

Notch =cooling fin but shouldn't matter to much

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

:( I was going2 put the hole el bonnet on, but kinda stink if i have to mod it to fit. is it more work to do the bonnet mod, coz realy its not to hard to drill sum holes 10mm lower on the mounts. il have to cheack it out but im worried if i lower the engine, the sump will hit in my drive way. il take sum pictures now and put them up soon. then you guys can help me on whats the best way to go. you guys seem to know alot about modding these cars. I have no clue as to what will fit and what want.

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:03 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Drop the mounts by the 10mm.

This was done on Benj's car and was no issues and his driveway was not good. Almost 4 wheel drive territory :D :D .

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:10 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

SWC wrote:

This was done on Benj's car and was no issues and his driveway was not good. Almost 4 wheel drive territory :D :D .

Ahhh yes i forgot all about the 10mm lower with the mounts which is quite easy

But the k frame mod i am um certain if its a must i have read about someone just grinding a fun of the sump and getting away with it does this sound true though?

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

noooo.. i took sum pictures but the files are to big to upload. what do you guys use to take pics

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:53 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:
noooo.. i took sum pictures but the files are to big to upload. what do you guys use to take pics

Imageshack

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:58 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

barraea wrote:
SWC wrote:

Ahhh yes i forgot all about the 10mm lower with the mounts which is quite easy

But the k frame mod i am um certain if its a must i have read about someone just grinding a fun of the sump and getting away with it does this sound true though?

sure ya not talking about the fitting of a AU block as it's just trim sump fins & fit?

jumpingjak wrote:

i use photobucket.com for my pics [as in upload to photobucket to 'host' em & then use a link from photobucket on this page to 'show' pic/s ... not sure what everyone else uses

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 42  [ 626 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42  Next