Fordmods Logo

XR6TOY (revised + very pic heavy) 

Page 1 of 4 [ 58 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: XR6TOY (revised + very pic heavy)
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:27 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 04 BA Mk2 Xr6

Hey guys, I have been afk for quite some time, so thought i'd come back and do a proper thread and show what I have done while been afk.
I'll start right from the basics.

In about June/July 2011, I became the owner of an 04 Mk2 XR6. Previous to this, I was the proud owner of a '96 EL Falcon.

Unfortunatly, due to inconsiderate people, someone was to impatient to wait at an intersection, and I hit him (he was at fault). This was the outcome,

I had put over 6000$ in 'mods' to this car, ranging from pads - engine components and safety.

Following this, I was in a bit of disaray. I was in two minds. One was to buy another E-series, and swap everything over, and go for a newer model.
The old folks convinced me to buy a newer, safer car. Which resulted in me buying this (mind you, ever since they came out I wanted one...Just under my terms, not the way it happened),

Now at the time, I didn't mind the wheels. However, I grew tired of them very quickly....In about 2 days. However, having just spent that much money, I was in no position to even consider new wheels

After a few washes,

Then came the point that I think everyone comes to. Do I leave the spoiler on? Or off? Think the photos speak for themselves.....(Mind you, it was a very wet week the day of these photos)

I then proceded to change the tail lights (as the tinted ones were illegal),

And then debadge the boot,

I then changed the shifter to a 'carbon' look one (which didn't last to long mind you) P.S I DON'T LISTEN TO THE CRAP THAT'S DISPLAYED ON THE SCREEN ANYMORE!!!

So after it broke, I thought i'd replace the shifter surround and put the old one back in. But painted the old one in a 'silhouette' sort of colour (dont have a photo for that one)

I then thought i'd do something decent to the car, and got a now discontinued CAI from AUNGER

But, painting the shifter got me going on painting everything.....

Shortly after, I decided to get the lowered springs that came with the car put in. SL in rear, L in front

Then the stupidest thing I put on the car....DRL's. Thought they would be a great idea, as it makes it safer......Laughable (also changed the badges aswell)

Then moved them,

Then added more,

Shortly after, it was due in to be repainted... Shockwave recall. This has been an ongoing matter in my case, as I have had a few quarrels with the mob that did it. Was supposed to take them 2 weeks to do it. Got there after their first 'attempt' and said i'm not taking it. Was cotten like material under the clear coat, was overspray on every panel, was primer still showing....blah blah blah.
So anyways, went back in again and they said they would call me when it was done. Had no time limit, just 'when it was ready we will call you'.

In the first case, I had a loner FG XR6 of Ford Australia. 6 speed auto..Basically a brand new car.

Problem being, I hated every moment of driving it. Gearbox couldn't make it's mind up, interior was tacky Chinese material and so on. Couldn't wait to get mine back, however with the 'hiccup' at the panel beaters (who shant be named) I got a 5 speed FG XR in place of the other one.....Was even WORSE, if that's possible.

Anyways, got it back and this was the result (at the time I thought it was good)

Next problem I found out (which I will show further down) was the paint was only ~ 1-2 coats thick. Very very dodgy.

Found another forum member to have replaced his indicators with LED ones, so thought i'd follow suit (yes I did move them so they weren't in the wrong spot

So, after a long time of waiting, I finally found a mate (who recently purchased a BF falcon) who was willing to swap me his stockies (I jumped at the chance)
This was the outcome,

Next was finally time for an exhaust upgrade, Got Pacemaker 4490 extractors, Pacemaker 4490-95 cat and Xforce 2.5' catback. Best mod I have done to date

Already dented a day after I got it

Here is a vid a few days after I got it, hadn't carboned up at the time.

And a pic a few spots up from OZZY'S car

Shortly following I had a fun problem. Had a builders nail go through the tyre

Then came the fun part of swapping headlights over. Little did I know that you had to take the whole damn bumper off to do it.

And then came a problem, good 'ol SSV didn't send me the appropraite wiring to do it, so the next day, was wheels on, and a trip to my electrician, 2 hours and 150 $ later

(On it's way to the lekky)

But, hooray!!

These were the problems,

But, got it all fixed in the end.

I also replaced the rear parcel shelf speakers, as the factory ones were terrible,

I cut the wires and spliced them into the original wiring so I didn't need to do any fancy work. Using spade connectors made it a lot easy to,

And after months of waiting, I finally got my gauges hooked up. They are sitting in a genuine FPV gauge cluster as well,

Want to swap them out for cobalts though

And thought i'd go down the road of some more 'performance mods' again. Heard differing opinions on these, so thought i'd bite the bullet and go for it

Was quite an improvement if I do say so myself

While it was being done, I also got a 26mm Radiator put in, with a hiflow thermo

And so I don't get accused of an accident again, got a crashcam put in

Can anyone guess what i'm going to do with this? It's a 3.73 LSD from a crashed BF Turbz. Already sourced and M86 housing, and going to be getting other components needed and get it put in

Also found it was getting harder and harder to open the car, so ordered a new remote pad off Evilbay
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-Falc...em 1e62d00520

And now it works hehe

Also got a rear view camera hooked up from Autobarn,

And then painted the black ring that was around it

Small mod, but painted the rusting wipers with black metallic paint,

And finally how she sits today,

Post subject: Re: XR6TOY (revised + very pic heavy)
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

Looks bloody nice!

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:59 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Thanks bud. She's my pride and joy and can't get enough of her!!

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:09 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Series 3 AU Falcon

SA, Australia

Mint ride man be proud. Wheels look great.... after you p****d the first ones off haha.

Series 3 AU Falcon : Shift Kit, Herrod Motorsport 4499's, 100cpi Cat, Lukey 2.5 Catback,Ebiach Pro Kit, Monroe GT Short Struts, Usual P-plater crap,Alpine CDA-9856, Kicker speakers all round, Rear Speakers powered by a Kicker DX125 and SoundStream T5-12 powered by a Soundstream TX 1300.D

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:13 am 
Stock as a Rock

Thanks man. I did like the chromies.....for like 2 day :lol:

I have already been looking at coilovers and have been in contact with CMS about getting some work done. Won't be for a while though as everyone knows, work is slow at the moment

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Is the coilovers for stiffer ride? If so, I'd just get swaybars mate. But if you want the coilovers for adjustable height change on the fly, then you might as well get both ;)

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:25 pm 
Stock as a Rock

I want the coilovers because at the moment i'm only running the standard XR shocks in it.
For the price difference, it's more viable to go down this path. Will be getting swaybars as well

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Well coilovers aren't cheap is all. Not for decent ones anyway. Thought maybe just getting SL Kings and shortened shocks?

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:46 pm 
Stock as a Rock

I'm looking at an XYZ setup. To get just the shocks for all 4 corners is going to cost about 600-700$. So, was thinking along the lines to just replace the whole lot at the same time

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

You can get springs and shocks for just over $700.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BA-BF-FALCON ... 4d0559e29b

That's what I have, and the ride quality is nice. A little stiff, due to the GT Sports. But that's the price you pay for super crisp handling.

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:35 am 
Stock as a Rock

Yeah, that's what I was looking at (monroe)
However for 1200$ I can get a full XYZ coilover setup. So, for the difference that it wil make, i'm willing to pay the price difference

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

True, plus the XYZ setup you can raise the height of the car for steep driveways etc.

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:29 am 
Stock as a Rock

Been afk as of late because of work. I do like the fact that the XYZ are adjustable, makes it much better for the area i'm in. However, things have come up which may make me unable to get them any time soon.
On a better note, went on a cruise today with a mate. He has an 06 SV6, and his dads (no longer here) 00 SS. The SS has been dynoed and tuned to make ~ 300 rwhp.
I was quicker than the SV6. By the time we hit 80, was about a car length ahead. And obviously the SS beat me, but not by as much as I thought. Thrashed me once it got into 3rd though. I kept with it until then

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:17 am 
Stock as a Rock

Wouldnt have been me haha
Havent taken her to Sydney, and don't plan on doing it unless for a tune :)

Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:36 am 
Stock as a Rock

Haven't updated for a while.
Now live in South Australia. Haven't been able to do much stuff to it, as work hours has gone to hell.

Have put weapon X coils in, as the originals needed to be replaced anyways. Got it put on the dyno finally, making 154.0rwkw running lean with no tune. So should have some good gains with a tune

P.S Click to view video

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 4  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next