EB EL GT RIMS 

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: EB EL GT RIMS
Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: VY Commodore Wagon Accli

VIC, Australia

There was those fakes, with the missing center cap, and where gold, and I was considering turning them into somewhat decent, only that those rims have camber issue's, and the fakes would lesson that issue, but they went for 9 hundred something, and I thought that was abit on the pricy side.

There was the 1 Genuine wheel that went first, if you looked closer down the page, and looked at the question's/answer's bit, you would have found that someone asked if it was a set of 4 rims, and the seller replied back, saying it was just the 1 wheel for auction.

The other set of rims, which where genuine, had no tyre's on them, as shown in the pictures, and they went for 1005, and the highest bidder, in the last minute kept upping his max, which also for some reason upped the actual bid itself, one moment it was 750, the next moment (and I was refreshing the page as soon as it loaded for me), it was 900 something, then the next moment, the auction ended, and they where 1005, but anyway, I just thought that was going a little bit over the top, because they had no tyre's on them, because no one was trying to beat his max.... The one's that had the buy it now tag on it, went for 1100, and I think for that, you might aswell buy brand new BA XR Rims with a Pre AU Hub, and decent tyre's for that, in 17 inch.

I'm not exactly sure how wide the fake BA XR rims are, but anyway.

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Successful Trades with: John_XR6 (John_LS1), Private9, Schmee, Manari, Kyle_Bardell, Greenhorn (Boostedfalcon.net), FTG AUTO SALVAGE, EVL098, Gogetta, EFIII, Krytox, Blue, Smik-EL, TP351.

Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

Speedy, PM sent, we'll keep it out of the thread. :lol:

icarus, like i said in my post just ^^^, there was someone on here who offered me a set of genuines for $1200, but they need a lick of paint. Not sure if you are interested or not for that price, but i can tell him to contact you if you like.

That set is in melbourne

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:22 am 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

nicco wrote:
nah, they went on saturday night, i was considering "buy it now"ing them, but they were gone . so i ended up bidding on the other ones

My first ebay purchase :D

SpeedyED wrote:
The one's that had the buy it now tag on it, went for 1100, and I think for that, you might aswell buy brand new BA XR Rims with a Pre AU Hub, and decent tyre's for that, in 17 inch.

I agree, the price tag is rather heavy considering the wheels are 12 years old and would have changed hands numerous times... However, for genuine GT rims that look super sexy I was willing to pay the price. Like I said before, BA rims don't float my boat, only the MKII 17'' which arn't made in E series offset to my knowledge.

Plus, I didn't want to bid as my computer doesn't refresh all that quickly and I figured that it would probably end up around the 1100 mark anyway...

WARNING: Material may offend some viewers...

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

ha ha nicely done. its a small world then isnt it! :lol:

mine got picked up by the freight company yesterday, so hopefully i will be getting them soon.
hope you get yours swiftly too

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:49 am 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

Actually talking about heavy price tags, around 3 years ago I found a set of EB GT rims. The GT had been in a smash and one rim needed some tending to. It was a $2000 for the set with bald tyres but I made a deal to trade in my 16'' and outlay some cash on top of that. I went to the bank which was a half an hour drive, withdrew the cash and upon my return I was to find out that they had already been sold and the salesman :evil: had made an error.

They were kind enough to still charge me top dollar for the single clear indicator that I had ordered and I didn't even get a free coke.

All panels and Parts

I curse you, still to this day :evil:

WARNING: Material may offend some viewers...

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2