Page 3 of 3 [ 31 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:48 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

stomper wrote:
dc_todd wrote:
those $$ mate will get you a fairmont with high kays.. if your lucky. have you even looked at the current market? a low K's EF/EL XR6 is still looking for about 9-10 grand, and thats auto, set of 15's stock as a rock with definatly no skirt kit.

Just have a look on Carsales.com.au, I did and thats what I found.

Sorry to burst your bubble. you may be looking for a high kay ED xr in average condition for those $$ mate.

What??????

My mate may be getting rid of his EF Monty but its an 8. Its done abour 175thousand k's.

Its a nice car

but they are thinking 5k

can only quote ya what I know man.. private and yard in NSW are asking those sort of $$.. best price I have got an a GOOD condition, as that is what he is searching for, has been $8,800.00 and that was my last EF XR6. Jan this year I bought a new EL XR6 from a yard in sydney.. that cost me $10g's but its near on imaculate.. as most of my cars have been. yeah you can get average high km, XR's a bit cheaper.. but the difference between maintained and not maintained is pretty quickly sorted out, when you buy it for $6k, suddenly you need new brakes, new tyres, injector clean, it will more than likely have a tired tranny in it, that needs either a good service or reco.. your $6k XR6 suddenly cost you alot more.. will probably have short rego on it, rusted exhaust, interior will be looking a little ragged.. so on and so forth.. guess you need to look at how compromised you want to go..
Suspension may be worn bushes will probably be shot.. want me to keep going?
I know what your saying, they are out there, you gotta look pretty long and hard to get a decent example now. people who know what they have in good nick can ask top $$ for it.. hell I have mine insured with agreed value, insurance company offered $12k agreed value keep the wreck. thats without me even asking.. however to get that I needed to supply photos of the vehicle and they even sent an inspector/valuation to look at the car.. and they still agreed.

Fairmonts are a bit of an oddity when it comes to resale though.. they have never reached the $$ that tickfords have.. not really something I understand either, essentially they have more in them, luxury wise they are tops, all the mods and cons come pretty much standard.. Tickfords just seem to have better resale.. simple fact. sorry bout that.
Bit weird that an XR6 is worth more than a Fairmont V8.. but thats how the cookie crumbles.

Dave

I have a car.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3