Fordmods Logo

WTB [TAS]: AU Clock spring/horn and airbag wiring 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: WTB [TAS]: AU Clock spring/horn and airbag wiring
Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

I'm guessing this has probably been covered before, but I can't find a thread - perhaps someone can point me to it please?

I'm wondering what are the best accessories to get when buying a Wii? I'm looking to go buy one, and generally I've found if you buy multiple stuff at the time of the original purchase you can talk the saleperson into a bit of a discount. So what are your recomendations?

The only one I know forsure that I want is the steering wheel.

Clockspring:
Quote:
The clock spring is the unit that allows the wiring for items on the steering wheel (in our case, for the airbag, and cruise control) to turn with the steering wheel, without twisting/damaging the wiring. It is the black unit on the steering column, just behind the steering wheel.
All they contain is a ribbon cable (similar to the old school IDE HDD cables), that is long and flexible enough to twist when the steering wheel is turned, without putting any pressure on the wires at either end.

On the falcons, there aren't many wires (the EF/EL has a total of 5, and the AU has 6), as most of the signals that our cars send through them are based on certain levels of resistance.

Airbag it is to suit:

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]