WTB [VIC]: el climate control parts and deployed passenger airbag 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: WTB [VIC]: el climate control parts and deployed passenger a
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6T ute

VIC, Australia

hey guys after whole heater ac unit or

- climate control module (display and buttons)
- Ambient temperature sensor
- Blend door motor
- vacume control solenoid
- fan speed controller
- Cabin temperature sensor

also after a deployed passenger airbag (or just the cover)

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

When you say you just want the air bag cover... You mean I could pull out my knife and cut around the air bag area of dash and you'd actually give me money for it? Consider it done.

If I did it right, it'd only cost about $10 NZ to send to you in Aussie too...

I could actually do the whole lot of your list for you, but weather here sucks and I am not going to start pulling the entire dash out on the side of the road in the bloody flood like conditions we have here.

However - Taking a sharp blade to the passenger side dash intrigues me. Hell - I might just do it just for the hell of it and if you want the carnage sent to you at the end of it, just say so.

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:07 pm 

Ride: Drives Like Fun

Power: 318 rwkw

Location: Melbourne Interior: Cappucino Exterior: Sparkling Burgundy
VIC, Australia

fiend wrote:
When you say you just want the air bag cover... You mean I could pull out my knife and cut around the air bag area of dash and you'd actually give me money for it? Consider it done.

If I did it right, it'd only cost about $10 NZ to send to you in Aussie too...

I could actually do the whole lot of your list for you, but weather here sucks and I am not going to start pulling the entire dash out on the side of the road in the bloody flood like conditions we have here.

However - Taking a sharp blade to the passenger side dash intrigues me. Hell - I might just do it just for the hell of it and if you want the carnage sent to you at the end of it, just say so.

Whoa :P

I think you need to do some homwework :)

He is referring the the passenger side airbag that has a separate cover that pops, pre-depolyment of the bag - for people that do not want to go to lengths to put in an actual PAB, they can fit the dash with the PAB cover (gives impression airbag is behind it).

ringastinga - I have the following bits if you're interested...

Quote:
- Ambient temperature sensor
- Blend door motor
- vacume control solenoid

As for these - is the fan speed controller mounted to the heater box...if so, I think I have that lying around.

The 'cabin temp sensor' - do you mean the sunload sensor ? ie the white 'ball' looking thing that mounts to the crashpad near the windscreen ? If so, I have both of them too.

- fan speed controller
- Cabin temperature sensor

Cheers,
Steve

Vic Cruises & Events

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:26 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2.0 Turbo VW

Power: 142 rwkw

VIC, Australia

I have all these parts mate. (except for the airbag)
I WAS hanging onto them to sell a complete conversion for a pretty penny, but im getting old and lazy and eBay fees are too great now..

Make me an offer on the lot!

Carefree, we may not be number one, but we're up there.

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Yeah - I have the lot too - But post to Aussie is just not worth it... Although no one in NZ seems to want it all. Had the whole lot for sale NZ$200 (with all the boxes, motors... Everything you need to plug straight in...)

DCSTRAIGHT.... I think I am (was) on the right track. If I read his message right, he wants the cover from an EL dash passenger side airbag. The application for this (I imagine) would be to hide the fact his EB WAGON doesn't actually have an airbag. Which suppose that he has converted his old box car interior to a EF or EL. Which is not an impossibility. Forgive me for being too quick off the mark and not showing enough respect to my old EL dash..... NOT.

Anyway. What the hell - next time I see my EL dash I'm attacking it with gusto just to see what happens. If a usable cover is part of the result, then RINGA dude can have it for the cost of postage to AU from NZ.

And, by the way, it seems to be cheaper for NZ guys to send stuff to AUS than the other way around... Or something.

Later...

Technical Document pending on slashing into EL dash with large knife, machete, angle grinder, bench saw, chainsaw and oxy-acetylene torch.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]