Fordmods Logo

EF Falcon fuel pump not engaging 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: EF Falcon fuel pump not engaging
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 44

Posts: 1472

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: 98 EL Falcon - Last of the EL's

Location: Muswellbrook
NSW, Australia

ok i have run out of ideas so far i have replaced the fuel pump 3 times, i dont think the first one was the issue, the 2nd one i brought from a store was stuffed from the factory and the third one was from a wrecker from a car driven into the yard that day so maby it works maby it doesnt. anyway i have also replaced BOTH the ECU and fuel pump relays (green & brown ones) both are brand new, all fuses are fine and I've even pulled the ECU itself out to be checked by an auto electrician and it checks out fine aswel.

the car will start if you spray 'some start ya bastard' up its snout and idle just fine if you continue to spray it, so injectors are still injecting, timing is still timing so i don't think smart lock is the issue since that doesnt touch the fuel pump only the injectors (correct me if I'm wrong)

so i am officially out of ideas, everything says it should be working but it just isnt, maby a bad crank angle sensor is telling the ECU "hey don't fire up that fuel pump" but yea now im just grasping at straws because i am just about done with this mystery!

anyone have any ideas as to what would stop a signal to a fuel pump?

 

_________________

why are women like clouds? eventually they f**k off and its a really nice day.

telling the truth is just lack of imagination

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF Falcon fuel pump not engaging
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:54 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3930

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

GTFORDMAN wrote:
ok i have run out of ideas so far i have replaced the fuel pump 3 times, i dont think the first one was the issue, the 2nd one i brought from a store was stuffed from the factory and the third one was from a wrecker from a car driven into the yard that day so maby it works maby it doesnt. anyway i have also replaced BOTH the ECU and fuel pump relays (green & brown ones) both are brand new, all fuses are fine and I've even pulled the ECU itself out to be checked by an auto electrician and it checks out fine aswel.

the car will start if you spray 'some start ya bastard' up its snout and idle just fine if you continue to spray it, so injectors are still injecting, timing is still timing so i don't think smart lock is the issue since that doesnt touch the fuel pump only the injectors (correct me if I'm wrong)

so i am officially out of ideas, everything says it should be working but it just isnt, maby a bad crank angle sensor is telling the ECU "hey don't fire up that fuel pump" but yea now im just grasping at straws because i am just about done with this mystery!

anyone have any ideas as to what would stop a signal to a fuel pump?


are the injectors getting a signal? coz if your still spraying start ya bastard 'after' it's started then it appears they are not working. is the fuel reg blocked?. is the fuel filter blocked?.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF Falcon fuel pump not engaging
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 44

Posts: 1472

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: 98 EL Falcon - Last of the EL's

Location: Muswellbrook
NSW, Australia

Fuel Filter has been changed (forgot to add that to the original post) not sure about the fuel reg but even with a blocked fuel reg the fuel pump should still try to pump but it doesnt.

 

_________________

why are women like clouds? eventually they f**k off and its a really nice day.

telling the truth is just lack of imagination

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF Falcon fuel pump not engaging
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:11 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3930

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

GTFORDMAN wrote:
Fuel Filter has been changed (forgot to add that to the original post) not sure about the fuel reg but even with a blocked fuel reg the fuel pump should still try to pump but it doesnt.


so what's killing the power?. have you powered up the pump another way?.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF Falcon fuel pump not engaging
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 44

Posts: 1472

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: 98 EL Falcon - Last of the EL's

Location: Muswellbrook
NSW, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
GTFORDMAN wrote:
Fuel Filter has been changed (forgot to add that to the original post) not sure about the fuel reg but even with a blocked fuel reg the fuel pump should still try to pump but it doesnt.


so what's killing the power?..


that's what I'm trying to figure out lol i might head to SCA in the morning to find a relay jumper and see if jumping the relay makes the fuel pump kick in

 

_________________

why are women like clouds? eventually they f**k off and its a really nice day.

telling the truth is just lack of imagination

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF Falcon fuel pump not engaging
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:44 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3930

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF Falcon fuel pump not engaging
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 44

Posts: 1472

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: 98 EL Falcon - Last of the EL's

Location: Muswellbrook
NSW, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
have you checked the wiring round the relay?.


Yea its all kosher

 

_________________

why are women like clouds? eventually they f**k off and its a really nice day.

telling the truth is just lack of imagination

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 56 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:49 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names