Fordmods Logo

Installing a Rtv diff into a fpv.? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Installing a Rtv diff into a fpv.?
Posted: Sat May 18, 2024 3:00 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Hey ppls. Looking at installing a 2006 bf rtv diff into a ba fpv ute that has been supercharged(for burn outs of course) because of the locker... is this a good or bad idea?. Any info will help and I already have both vehicles

Post subject: Re: Installing a Rtv diff into a fpv.?
Posted: Sat May 18, 2024 3:34 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

Robcolman wrote:
Hey ppls. Looking at installing a 2006 bf rtv diff into a ba fpv ute that has been supercharged(for burn outs of course) because of the locker... is this a good or bad idea?. Any info will help and I already have both vehicles

not really a good idea as it's more suited to low speed not high speed burnouts. for burnouts find a better suited centre/lsd combo. and that is my understanding of the RTV diff locker.

Posted: Sat May 18, 2024 3:59 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Yeh, makes sense what your saying, thanks for the feed back

Posted: Sat May 18, 2024 6:58 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:46 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Robcolman wrote:
Hey ppls. Looking at installing a 2006 bf rtv diff into a ba fpv ute that has been supercharged(for burn outs of course) because of the locker... is this a good or bad idea?. Any info will help and I already have both vehicles rice purity test

This might not be a bad idea, especially if you want to increase the drift and burnout capabilities of your ute. The locking differential will definitely help increase the vehicle's torque and grip, while also providing a sportier driving experience.
However, you need to carefully consider issues of compatibility, assembly and coupling of parts. Make sure that replacing the differential does not affect the ute's powertrain and chassis. Also, check the condition of components transferred from the 2006 Bf Rtv to ensure they are still in good condition.
If careful and have a detailed assembly plan, I think this will be a worthwhile upgrade, helping to improve the performance and drifting ability of the ute.

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:28 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

felixandrea wrote:
Robcolman wrote:
Hey ppls. Looking at installing a 2006 bf rtv diff into a ba fpv ute that has been supercharged(for burn outs of course) because of the locker... is this a good or bad idea?. Any info will help and I already have both vehicles rice purity test

This might not be a bad idea, especially if you want to increase the drift and burnout capabilities of your ute. The locking differential will definitely help increase the vehicle's torque and grip, while also providing a sportier driving experience.
However, you need to carefully consider issues of compatibility, assembly and coupling of parts. Make sure that replacing the differential does not affect the ute's powertrain and chassis. Also, check the condition of components transferred from the 2006 Bf Rtv to ensure they are still in good condition.
If careful and have a detailed assembly plan, I think this will be a worthwhile upgrade, helping to improve the performance and drifting ability of the ute.

what's with the imbeded "https://ricepurity-test"

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]