BA Black Oak ECU Experts Lend Me Your Knowlege 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: BA Black Oak ECU Experts Lend Me Your Knowlege
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Falcon XR8

WA, Australia

Hey crew,

I don't know how long this thread will last or if it will just die in the a*** straight away, but i need arm myself with as much information as possible to be able to find out how to go about using a BA ECU in tandem with my EL EECV for my twincam conversion.

So any information on:

-Security (what is required to disable the features)
-Required inputs
-Outputs
-Any tips on how the EECV can be tied in with the Black Oak
-Wiring diagrams

I'm just about at my wits end trying to get this conversion off the ground. Every night after work and sometimes during work has been dedicated to working out a system to get the DOHC engine running, and everything is slowly grinding to a halt.

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I'm no expert but my first step would be to get the engine running - forget about the trans for now as you might be able to use the BA ECU to run the BTR 4 speed. if u get a BA auto ECU. If cant get to work put a manual box in

if u want to use the EL ECU check out the EL pin out doco's

http://fordmods.com/forums/documents.php?doc=42

you will have to leave all pins that are used by the auto trans and power/ground pins as well. (there might be some engine sensors that need to be shared but i am not sure)

so leave Pins 1 3? 4* 11 12 14 16 20 27 30 35 37 38 40 42 46 51 52 55 57 60
? Pin 3 Speed sensor not sure about
* Pin 4 is smart lock leave connected if u don't want to run a override circuit.
That should be enough to run the Auto Trans

I would personally install a second wiring loom to run the engine, one suited for the BA motor. As i said earlier you might have to share/install another of the Engine sensors some don't like to be shared.

Shouldn't be too hard to wire it up and get working - hardest part is reprogramming the BA ECU to work with your setup.

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

VIC, Australia

Mate - speak to capa or nizpro
I believe they have access to an item which is used to plug into the ecu etc which will enable you to do this conversion with ease
It was designed for this purpose for fitting barra engines to kit cars such as cobra's etc
I believe all you will need is the ba ecu and this module - it disables smartshield

Nicko

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Boosted ED XR6, EBII Mont Wgn

Power: 252 rwkw

VIC, Australia

to run the trans grab yourself a EAII transmission loom and trans computer to run the auto, that would be fairly straight forward.. it is a seperate loom to the engine loom and body loom..

[SEXYR-6] ED XR6 T5 Turbo Build
[EBW-347] EB Wagon V8 Stroker Build
FordMods Member #1761

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

I had a chat to Barry, the man himself at BPT today, he reckons that he should be able to get the transmission operational with the BA ECU as there really aren't many differences in the guts of the boxes between EL and BA. He also mentioned that there is more [gearbox] tuning potential by using the BA computer.

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BA XR8

NSW, Australia

Hey,

If a smartshield disabling device exists, then it should be a snack to get running. Wonder why Dansedgli gave up on his project, maybe it became a bigger money pit than anticipated?? I have tried to get my car to run right with the EEC V ecu, but for some reason the engine doesnt seem to want to go as good as it should.

My Stinger V4 should arrive next week. Then, after tuning, it should be even better to drive.

I wish you every success in ths project, but i think aftermarket is the way to go. Not sure about W.A. rules but in NSW, a car has to comply with the emissions relating to that vehicle that the engine came from, so maybe the BA ecu will have to be used. Will you have to have an emissions test for rego'???

Cheers

Daz 8-)

BA XR8 Boss 260
DAZFAB......Now Mobile
Mink = GAY
DAZFAB MEMBERS ,,,,DA22LE, XTT909, TERRORISTGHIA, TROYMAN, SWC, FAT245

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Mmm, as soon as the car get's going, i'm just going to drive it like normal... :shock:

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]