J3 chip issue 

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: J3 chip issue
Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged EF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Enough speculation please gents!

The original bin used was corrupt and this was unknown at the time of burning it (February this year). The chip has sat unused since then, and will be reburnt free of charge.

The EB/ED 6cyl strategy is identical with a few minor parameter changes. EL tunes definitely don't work in an EB/ED.

There is a reason my instructions say to contact me before starting any forum threads...

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

Had exactly the same issue after i tuned my j3 the other night, fuel pump wouldnt stop priming. Turned the ignition off, removed the j3, blew it out and plugged it back in. Worked fine.

LOW, LOUD AND LUMPY

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:06 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 93 eb2 falcon

QLD, Australia

Jason has been extremely helpful in regards to this matter. This thread was not to debate who or what was wrong, It was more for me to try and find a local tuner and get peoples opinions about the gains they got from using the chip in there N/A cars! I should have made that alot more clear in my original post. so please guys only contribute if you have something to say about actually using the chip or know a tuner here on the gold coast.

Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

Ahhh, but that's what these forums seem to be all about, speculation! Somebody says they have a problem and with the little tidbits of information we generally get, we then speculate as to what the fault is.

To the OP, maybe try and change the title to something more about finding a tuner in your area, rather than it stating you have an issue and telling people on an open forum what they can or cannot contribute.

I'd suggest looking into learning to tune the chip yourself. There are many of us here who do this and knew nothing about tuning before we got into it. There is heaps of information out here in the interweb and it's mightily satisfying when you get your tune nailed and it runs faultlessly from then on. Obviously, doing it yourself, you don't have to pay for tuner's time, hours of dyno time and you can keep tweaking it over time. Generally a tuner will spend a couple of hours on it, get it pretty good and send you on your way. Then, you'll drive it for a little while and notice this and that you want sorted and have to take it back to them. Any modifications, send it back in for another tune and more $$$.

Some food for thought, anyways. I've got an almighty hangover, so I apologise if I've come across a bit abrasive.

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2