Page 4 of 8 [ 115 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post subject: Re: TFI-SIM ... Ford PIP,TFI & Coil Tester
Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:35 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

OK...Had minor problem with this new harness but is fixed now...

Basically the two holes I drill need to be spot on... If they aren't, the drill cuts one of the circuits inside the plastic... I went to check yesterday and the earth pin in the plug, and the earth pin inside the TFI were no longer connected... Thankfully I checked before I soldered it...

So stuffed that TFI :roll:

Anyway re-did it this morn... This is pretty much what you guys be receiving now...

Attachment:
DSC_1049.JPG
DSC_1049.JPG [ 484.93 KiB | Viewed 2469 times ]

Attachment:
DSC_1050.JPG
DSC_1050.JPG [ 475.23 KiB | Viewed 2565 times ]

So looks much neater...Super glued the front plastic on and turfed the aluminium back plate and will just leave the grey resin there... Matches better than aluminium anyway... Will epoxy them all at the same time... Saves wasting too much of it... :D

Starting to get close to taking money for these now... Soon as I hear back about the test plugs I'll start ordering gear...

Also Torana Guy... These TFI modules mate, I can only use genuine motorcraft ones because aftermarket ones don't leave enough space for me to drill holes around tracks (above mentioned problem)...

Cheers,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Looking good mate.

Thats a problem if you can only use genuine motorcraft ones. What about bosch? Who actually made them in the first place? I know I have one or two bosch items, rest will more than likely be after market modules. My shed is getting cleaner, I can almost get to the parts bins where I have some dizzy parts lol.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:02 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

haha... Maybe bosch ones... all depends how close to the bottom the tracks are... In the aftermarket ones they look to be mid way up the side wall... motorcraft ones look to be about 1/3... you can see one track running down one side and that gives you a fair good idea where they are... I need to be able to drill around an 8mm hole above the tracks without hitting them...

So just pop the lid off the bosch one when you find it and have a look... if your unsure seeif you can get some good photos it and send to me...

Cheers,
Tim

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

how everything coming along mate?
heard back about the test plugs?

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:37 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Sent him an email last week... He said he has 8 there waiting on a couple more should be there by this week...

I have 3 looms made up... All the circuit boards done... Next step is spending some big bucks and ordering all the cases and components and the like, which will require you guys to pay so I've got the money to spend...

I'll concentrate on doing the 5 to start with for you interested guys and work on the other 5 after and sell them in for sale forums here and other Ford websites and on ebay... Should be able to sell the other 5 I hope...

As such to concentrate on doing 5 for you blokes I will require 2 more motorcraft TFI modules... Aftermarket ones are no good to me and I'm unsure of the Bosch ones yet... Ideally I need 7 more TFI's to make 10... But urgently 2 for you 5 guys...

Somebody a few weeks ago sent me 1 aftermarket TFI and 1 factory plug... Who was this? There was no name on the parcel? I don't remember working out a deal for it? :? So I need to sort that... Even though the TFI module was no good the plug was and I destroyed the TFI trying to make it work... So willing to come to an agreement for both parts...

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I have not had a chance to pull a bosch module apart to see how close the tracks go. Sorry man, I might be able to get to that soon, otherwise I might be able to just send it to you & work out a deal with you in regards to it.

Life seems to get in the way of good projects like this one.....

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:14 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Its all good mate...

Like I said everything is a little while away yet... Not sure how long importing these plugs will take yet... Lucky you guys aren't in a massive hurry... :?

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

timmytimtim wrote:
Its all good mate...

Like I said everything is a little while away yet... Not sure how long importing these plugs will take yet... Lucky you guys aren't in a massive hurry... :?

Cheers,
Tim

Good things come to those who wait! I waited ages until i could get the diag unit, and it's been a blessing since.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:38 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Hi Guys...

I have just ordered the test plugs... searched high and low... I ended up with a good price of another website... The guy on ebay is a dead set wanker...

So they are ordered... Should be hear mid dec hopefully...

I have pretty much made up 6 looms for you 6 keen blokes... So its getting to the stage where I'll need to start ordering gear... And most of the way through the instruction manual (not much to it)...

Can you 6 guys still confirm your happy to go ahead with this at $170 a unit (except for jaysway as he provided a few TFI's)

Once I have confirmation from all 6 we'll start making this final and transferring some moneys and I'll order some bits and make you guys some testers...

Sound like a plan? :D

Waiting to hear from you now...

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:45 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

More than happy to go ahead with this.Thanks Kevman.

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:47 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Duly noted in the first post... Cheers...

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

im still in,go for it.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:34 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

noted...

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:53 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Thats half that are definites...

Soon as I hear back from you last three I'll start collecting the moneys... Hopefully be done by Christmas/Early next year by the time the test plugs turn up and I make up the instruction books...

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:23 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Ok Boys and girls...

We're good to go...

2 guys are short of funds til after Chrissy... If you other 4 guys are happy to pay now then would be super and will get bits happening... The 6 looms are made... Will set the resin in them tomorrow... Drill the PCB's and await the bits and pieces to assemble... I have 6 test plugs ready to go as well... (Other half are coming :roll: ) Will finish the instructions tomorrow too hopefully...

Cheers,
Tim

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 8  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next