Page 5 of 8 [ 115 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post subject: Re: TFI-SIM ... Ford PIP,TFI & Coil Tester
Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:34 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Also anybody else following but holding their peace...

This will it... These 10 units... There is too much hassling and sourcing and hunting down of things, items and peoples... Also there is weekend's of work involved in these and I do have things that I should be focusing my attention to...

If your following and you want 1 of the remaining 4 at $170 for Ford modders then speak now and secure your item... After this they get posted in the for sale section (once made and ready to go) after that they go on ebay for more money...

Maybe after this group of 10 I may consider doing them on a case by case basis but this will involve more cost due to not buying parts in bulk and gets postage discounts and the like...

And lastly thanks to the other 6 guys for the support of this group buy thing I've got happening... Glad to see some people may find all this hard work useful...

Cheers,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:39 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

Tim send me your bank details and I'll give you my address and Bob's your uncle.Looking forward to having one of these in my tool box.Merry Xmas and a happy non-sectarian holiday.Kevman.

Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

hi,pm me your details for payment,Merry xmas,hans

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:52 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Received a couple of amounts recently... Top list has been altered...

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:58 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Had a good afternoon, albeit the throat infection I've picked up which has lead to partial deafness also :? ...

Got the PCB's all drilled... Got the jigs made up for drilling the cases and machine the posts inside...

Trialled on one case too with great success... So that will make that job easier...

So tomorrow I will do all the cases...

Then its onto soldering lots of components in the boards... Hopefully its warmer because it bloody cold here atm... So much for summer... :?

One more template/jig to doing the case ends and then solder on the looms... Assemble... Finish the instructions and I'll have 6 units completed...

Then all I need is 5 more genuine motorcraft TFI modules, 4 for these, 1 to change mine to the neater new style...

On that note the 6 looms I've made have had the resin set in them and are finished now... Look a million bucks and as neat if not neater than the Ford equivalent...

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

TimmyA wrote:
Had a good afternoon, albeit the throat infection I've picked up which has lead to partial deafness also :? ...

Got the PCB's all drilled... Got the jigs made up for drilling the cases and machine the posts inside...

Trialled on one case too with great success... So that will make that job easier...

So tomorrow I will do all the cases...

Then its onto soldering lots of components in the boards... Hopefully its warmer because it bloody cold here atm... So much for summer... :?

One more template/jig to doing the case ends and then solder on the looms... Assemble... Finish the instructions and I'll have 6 units completed...

Then all I need is 5 more genuine motorcraft TFI modules, 4 for these, 1 to change mine to the neater new style...

On that note the 6 looms I've made have had the resin set in them and are finished now... Look a million bucks and as neat if not neater than the Ford equivalent...

Cheers,
Tim

hi,glad to hear your going a head full steam,hope you get well quickly to enjoy chrismas and the holidays.i have paid for the unit,but havnt sent my details yet,so when you fimish them.MERRY XMAS and have a good holiday.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:22 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Cheers Hans!

Yeah as I see payments come in I am logging them in the trail of paper work I have for this thing...

Merry Xmas to you guys too!

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:04 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Got your payment Hans...

I got half of the cases prepared today...

Ended up fixing 4 iPhones... :shock: So for my RDO has been a fairly eventful sort of day... :roll:

I'm getting there guys :D

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:46 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Ahhh... Aren't holidays just splendid for doing whatever you feel as you feel like it? :D

On that note I have progressed... Cases are all done and labelled and finished... Made up the final two boards and drilled them... Was going to start soldering today but got kinda side tracked to hopefully will do that tomorrow...

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Boosted ED XR6, EBII Mont Wgn

Power: 252 rwkw

VIC, Australia

do you have more avaliable for sale Tim?

[SEXYR-6] ED XR6 T5 Turbo Build
[EBW-347] EB Wagon V8 Stroker Build
FordMods Member #1761

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:04 pm 
Commercial Sponsor

Ride: eb-twin turbo

VIC, Australia

i would like one also if they are still available?

Snort Snort, we make our own speed!!!!!

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:46 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Sure do gentlemen... 4 units unaccounted for at this stage...

I book two more up...

I still require 5 genuine motorcraft TFI modules & 4 plugs for the remaining units... I have 6 looms currently made for the first 6 but they are hard to find (Bosch ones are everywhere but no good to me nor are the aftermarket ones due to the design)... So if you guys have some or at least one each that covers your unit... I was just about to start chasing some more... If you supply your own TFI + plug then you get a discounted price... Otherwise I chase them and you pay $170... Food for thought...

Today I soldered 130 resistors, at 2 joints a resistor thats 260 soldered connections :shock: My back was giving it to me after that and the "fun" factor was starting to wear off so I'll do the remaining 70 resistors tomorrow and move on to another component type...

Just went up to the cinema here and wound on the movie for this weekend for something different today... We have Harry Potter here this weekend... Looks like a long movie... I gotta work the Friday... :( You guys seen it? Is it worth watching or do I watch the traffic outside driving by?

As always... I am progressing :D

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:58 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Good evening gentlemen... :D

Been a while since I've updated this...

Spent a chunk of the hols doing these up...

Back from the holiday away and generally back to work (its hard... :( )

None the less...

The units are all soldered up and today i mounted them for the final time in the cases...

Only thing left now is to solder the looms to the boards and screw the two halves of the case together... All of 10 mins each left...

As today was Aussie Day and you're not mean to bust your a**... I found a comfy place to sit inside under the AC (it was 40 here today) and go about doing the manual for them... Great progress its nearly finished... Need to get a couple more pics and write a little more dribble and then print a number of copies and head down to work and bind them... Find some boxes to fit a unit, instructions, and test plug in... and then post them on out... :)

Not much will happen this weekend... Though my RDO on Monday I should hopefully get the 6 looms I have already made soldered on and tomorrow evening the book finished... :D

So at this rate... Fingers crossed that I can start sending them out next week...

Feel free to correct me If I'm wrong... But kevman and hans hartman have fully paid... and toranaguy has part paid... So now its up to you guys whenever you have the funds handy to pay as I said they will be ready for dispatch soon... 8-)

Getting there guys...

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:21 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Finishing touches on the book...

Just curious about the V8 models... Hopefully someone with a wealth of knowledge can help me...

All V8 motors that run the TFI system had the distributor located on top of the motor just in front of the intake manifold? I'm guessing its only 5.0L windsors right through that ran the TFI system?

Can someone provide me with a nice clear day time photo clearly showing its location please so I can add to the book along with an I6 that I can take myself?

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: EL F100 CAPRI XR EF

Power: 234 rwkw

SA, Australia

here's a pic borrowed from slo247,
doesnt show the tfi though, but they are the same as the 6cyl ones, interchangeable.
Attachment:
slo247 engine nf.jpg
slo247 engine nf.jpg [ 164.59 KiB | Viewed 292 times ]

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 8  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next