Fordmods Logo

Tuning your Falcon with a T.I. Performance J3 Chip 

Page 85 of 100 [ 1500 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 100  Next

Post subject: Re: Tuning your Falcon with a T.I. Performance J3 Chip
Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:46 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 2003 BA Falcon XR6

SA, Australia

That's cool :)

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged EF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Now available on our site: GM 2 Bar MAP sensors. Perfect to log vacuum and boost with your Tech Edge 2J Wideband Controller to help you tune your car!

http://www.tiperformance.com.au/shop/gm ... ap-sensor/

Cheers,
Jason

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Hey guys,

We headed up to the Bright Rod Run again over the weekend for a bit of sunshine, had a great time. A few sample pics:

As usual, the rest of them are on Facebook -- see https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 630&type=1

Cheers,
Jason

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:17 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 98 el fairmont

New Zealand

hey guys am having a few problems getting my whole system to work together. at the moment I have a standard tune on my chip with only the timing altered to suit boost, and have standard injectors in. when I put my new injectors in and alter the fuel to suit all it does is go into LOS mode still starts just spews out black smoke. any ideas y??
am talking to Jason at the moment on facebook

98 el fairmont, 3inch straight pipe with gt3540 log manni 650cc injectors steel heady valve springs water to air intercooler running through a/c radiator

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

As I have already said on Facebook, the tune you are trying to use must be corrupt. Would prefer to keep the conversation in one place please...

Jason

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Hey guys,

As anyone following us on Facebook would have seen, we're running a Christmas sale at the moment.

Use the code XMAS13 when you check out, and you'll get 20% off all of our blank and pre-programmed chips at http://www.tiperformance.com.au/products/ ! Offer is valid until the end of December, so get cracking!

Cheers,
Jason

Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF XR6 Wagon, AU2 XR6 VCT

Power: 148 rwkw

New Zealand

galapogos01 wrote:
Hey guys,

As anyone following us on Facebook would have seen, we're running a Christmas sale at the moment.

Use the code XMAS13 when you check out, and you'll get 20% off all of our blank and pre-programmed chips at http://www.tiperformance.com.au/products/ ! Offer is valid until the end of December, so get cracking!

Cheers,
Jason

Awesome deal. And great NZD/AUD exchange rate too. Ordered one for the AU. And a merry Christmas it will be :D Thanks.

95 EF XR6 wagon, 17" FTRs, DBA rotors, KYB/Koni, AU bottom end, ported EF head, backcut valves, SS Inductions, Territory intake, 10.2 CR, Auckland 1258 cam, vernier gear, PH4480 headers, no cat, Tickford 2.5", 2800rpm stall, J3 chip

Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:18 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ba xr6t

NSW, Australia

Hi mate im putting an injected 5l from an ef into an xp ute and just wondering if I would be better of with the tuner pack or just a chip as I need to get rid of smartlock?

Thanks jamie.

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Hey mate,

A Stage 1 Chip will get it up and running for you, and if you modify the engine later you can either buy the tuning gear or get us to retune it.

If you are keen to learn about tuning and want to do it yourself, then get the pack and start reading!

Cheers,
Jason

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:21 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ba xr6t

NSW, Australia

Thanks mate ill order now

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Hey guys,

Just a reminder that our Christmas sale ends tomorrow! Only one more day to get 20% off any J3 Chip purchased through our website!

Cheers,
Jason

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

This Australia Day long weekend we’re offering a free gift with any purchase of our Australian Designed J3 Chips! Just add a stubby holder to your order, then use the coupon code THIRSTY when you check out to get your stubby holder for free!

Cheers,
Jason

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:11 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Hi Jason
I have one of your custom tune chips in my EF six. I think it was a similar tune to my ED, except manual, as at the time the engines were similar.
Since then I've changed head and porting, way more compression, added water injection, and had Crow grind me up a wild custom camshaft.
Obviously now the tune is way off. Its dumping fuel in as it thinks its always under load due to the cam killing vacuum which is causing it to play up worse than a second hand lawnmower.

So, my question is, if I buy myself a Techedge wide band controller with onboard data logging memory, can you tune the chip from the logged file?

I'm thinking this may be a better (and cheaper) option than a dyno tune, or tuning from dyno readouts, as this would be real world information.

Cheers

Ported ED XR6 head shaved too much, AU gasket, custom Crow Cam, Pacemaker 4480's, 5-speed conversion, billet aluminium flywheel, GT clutch, T.I. Performance J3 chip, custom water/methanol injection, modified BA throttle body. Paint&Panel by Barbed Wire Fence.

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: ef falcon futura

Power: 154 rwkw

VIC, Australia

roughredXR6 wrote:
Hi Jason
I have one of your custom tune chips in my EF six. I think it was a similar tune to my ED, except manual, as at the time the engines were similar.
Since then I've changed head and porting, way more compression, added water injection, and had Crow grind me up a wild custom camshaft.
Obviously now the tune is way off. Its dumping fuel in as it thinks its always under load due to the cam killing vacuum which is causing it to play up worse than a second hand lawnmower.

So, my question is, if I buy myself a Techedge wide band controller with onboard data logging memory, can you tune the chip from the logged file?

I'm thinking this may be a better (and cheaper) option than a dyno tune, or tuning from dyno readouts, as this would be real world information.

Cheers
why not get a programmer aswell then you can tune it yourself?

ef futura, pacemakers, 2.5inch catback, k&n panel filter and 3.45 lsd. extractors/cat, ticky head, custom cam grind, t5. now onto cosmetics.

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:42 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Um, well.
I'd love to do that, but I'm just not that confident. While I do understand most aspects, and have spent many, many hours reading and researching literature on EEC tuning, its the actual value modification (and TunerPro in general) that I struggle with for some reason. If I could sit down with someone and actually watch what they were doing, then I'd probably pick it up no worries.
Then I'd buy a full tuning package, 4 tune switch and happily spend hundreds of hours getting it spot on.
I just don't want to f*** it up.

Ported ED XR6 head shaved too much, AU gasket, custom Crow Cam, Pacemaker 4480's, 5-speed conversion, billet aluminium flywheel, GT clutch, T.I. Performance J3 chip, custom water/methanol injection, modified BA throttle body. Paint&Panel by Barbed Wire Fence.

Sort by  
 Page 85 of 100  [ 1500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 100  Next