10 second falcon 

Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: 10 second falcon
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

bushman wrote:
Get an au motor straight up. Get it rebuilt with some decent parts Gt35-40 turbo and get it hi flowed. A c4 auto and a 3500 stall with some 4.11 gears you want it to big peak revs just after you cross the line. As for the diff you'd want a 9 inch. The standed diff with a locker will do it. But it will cost less in long run to get a 9in. You'd want a 10 in slick as well. Lots of weight reduction too. But dont forget you've gotta factor in stuff like race seat 5 point harness roll cage. Depending on mph you run you'll need a chute too. 15g you might be able to do it if you can do everything yourself. 25g would definately do it. Cause you need tailshaft loop but there cheap enough 110 i think. A trans brake is needed to to get it going off the line. 10's aren't cheap nor easy. Sounds easy enough but it all adds up.

You sound spot on except Im not sure about a few things you said.

One thing I dont understand is why you would buy a GT3540 only to spend $2k on it getting it high flowed when you could buy a bigger turbo to begin with? I think there is a turbo calles a T04z or something that might work. I dont know if its a bolt on job like the 3540 tho.

Also why would you run a 3 speed and 4.11's? Surely they would top out at well below 125-130mph in a falcon which doesnt rev all that high? Surely a 4 speed auto with electronic shift kit would be better for going fast??

How is a 9 inch conversion cheaper in the long run if a Borg Warner with a spool will work? Thats like $3k compared to $500 if you include the gears?

Can you get back to me asap? I really want to run 10's before home school holidays end. Thanks.

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

itlookslikeaxr6 wrote:
Read above :roll:
Is there an invisible post between your replies that we might of missed? lol

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 94 ED falcon

QLD, Australia

Haha, nah just a double post edited to say that.

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:55 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: el gli manwel

QLD, Australia

on the street fords dvd were they had the mockery ea, they said that the diff housings were bending like banana's so going off that in the long run a 9 inch would be cheaper and you can also have pretty much any gear ratio you want

THE LOOSEST MUTHA FUKA YOU'VE EVER MET

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:32 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

The reason I want to do it is basically for e-wang pimpage. Really, I wish I had another reason but I don't.

Why do people go fly fishing? Why don't they just go down to the co-op and buy some fresh trout?
When they catch fish, why are people more impressed when the fish is bigger? I mean seriously I could just go down to the co-op and buy a 15kg schnapper. That would beat your fish right?

Hope that puts it into perspective. The reason I want to do it is so that my car is faster than other peoples cars. I plan to do pretty much all the work myself, and I may not even get close to a 10.** sec 1/4. I'm not a proffessional racer, this is more of a hobby. I just pretty much want to be able to go to the strip, rip a s**t hot 1/4 and go 'fck yeah, I did that.' Why do I need a reason anyway?

Reason I'm posting a thread about it is, well, I'm not quite sure if I am serious about commiting to such an undertaking. I'm fairly inexperienced when it comes to power chasing, was hoping to get some insight from people experienced in this pursuit.

There seems to be alot of talk about switching back to auto.. Not sure if I want to do that.. I think, despite the other advice that's been offered, what I'm gonna do is start with big headwork, new EMS, big boost, an NO2 kit and diff reduction gears/lockers and a short shifter. Depending on how that goes, I may then change back to an auto or maybe a close ratio TKO 5sp. If that doesn't get me close enough to pulling 10.** sec 1/4's, it will still be f*cking fast.

E-series

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

Sounds like a good plan.

Thats how they do it in fast and the furious.

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:59 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Nitrogen Dioxide should work well as a power adder :lol:

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

I don't give a f**k about the fish, I go fishing so I don't have to listen to annoying C*** at home.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3