94 ED Power window conversion 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: 94 ED Power window conversion
Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:28 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ed futura classic

WA, Australia

Hey all,

Great site guys, I have been trying to get power windows installed into my 94 Futura Classic. It has cruse control and ABS. I have purchased and installed trims, regulators, wiring harnesses (in the doors) and switches but can not get them to work. When I put power and earth directly to motors, they work great. I was given a green module with the kit (from the wreckers) but cant find a place for it under the dash, found a blue and red one, but no plugs to fit the green one. Has anyone got any ideas where or what to do next? :shock:

Bazil.

Post subject: Re: 94 ED Power window conversion
Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:11 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EBI Wagon & Mass Transit

NSW, Australia

The green module is the body electronic module (BEM) and so the green one needs to replace the BEM that is located adjacent to the stereo which will be the blue one.

The red module is the smartlock and keyless entry module located above the handbrake assembly

Take it the centre console switches have been installed

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:58 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ed futura classic

WA, Australia

Red one is definatly smartlock as it wont start with this removed. As for the blue one, its got a different plug socket on it, very similar but different. I just thought there would be some plugs loose under the dash somewhere that I could plug into. And yes, switches have been installed.

Bazil.

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:23 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

That module has nothing what so ever to do with the functionality of power windows...

Where the body loom plug goes into the window switches (centre console) check the wire in the middle... Grey with yellow trace... See if it has 12 volts when the ignition is on accy or on...

If there is power there, and no windows work, i'd say your switches are faulty...
If there is no power there... Check (replace) the "pwr wdo" circuit breaker in the fuse box, or remove and check there is power there...

There is no modules anywhere in the system... Its super simple... power to the centre switch module and then to the regulators...

I did it in mine using BA window switches, only did it on the front door when I did the EL XR door trim conversion...

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:01 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: ED Futura Classic

VIC, Australia

hey mate im doing the same conversion, i dont know if you have got it goin yet or not as there hasnt been a post for a while but, behind your fuse box panel there is a relay you need to put in as i did on mine, after i did this i got my centre console switch to have power to it, i just cant get back windows to work only front?? how did you go with it?

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:08 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I have EL XR trims so only front power windows...

The back ones are weird...

I've never had the chance to investigate how they work but I do know both the centre console switch and the door trim switch have to be plugged in and functioning for the window to work...

Like I said I don't now how they are wired up so I can help any more than that sorry...

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

LP_ wrote:
The green module is the body electronic module (BEM) and so the green one needs to replace the BEM that is located adjacent to the stereo which will be the blue one.

The red module is the smartlock and keyless entry module located above the handbrake assembly

Take it the centre console switches have been installed

It should be noted that the Green BEM (Fairmont) is not a plug in swap for the Blue BEM (Futura), and would require a complete Fairmont Dash Loom etc.

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]