Fordmods Logo

aftermarket inlet pipes 

Page 3 of 7 [ 94 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

MYLO_XR6 wrote:
fkn no one answered me! if METAL absorbs heat more than plastic, thus increasing the temperature of the material where the air passes by, this would therefore INCREASE the temperature of the oxygen which DECREASES performance (hot air intake)

the question is, how can there be a power gain? ARHIDIA!

the temp at the throttle body was only about 3degree hotter when i checked it. 34degree day in full sunlight with the engine at operating temp and reving at 3000rpm for a 5min test. there is not much air flow at the outer of the pipe. and infact the air touching the pipe it self although a very very thin layer is not even moving.

power gain comes from the smoother less restricted air path

if anyone is overly worried about it i can do them mild steel and have them ceremic coated by jethot or hpc

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:41 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

Are you able to get prices on both please but only if its not to much hassle

EF Futura factory 5 spd
Pacemaker 4480 w/ Redback cat back 2 1/2
RPD Rspec4 cam with Ported Head
RPD Rocker Gear
RPD MS2 ECU

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

yeah i can. but not sure when right now.

at present i'm sitting here waiting for a catagory 5 cyclone to make up its mind if it's going to hit townsville or not. if it does i wont be able help for at least week maybe more

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ65002.shtml
check that out.

to give you an idea what we are looking Imgham is 120km away from townsville and the most destructive part of the cyclone is that big.

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:07 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
yeah i can. but not sure when right now.

at present i'm sitting here waiting for a catagory 5 cyclone to make up its mind if it's going to hit townsville or not. if it does i wont be able help for at least week maybe more

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ65002.shtml
check that out.

to give you an idea what we are looking Imgham is 120km away from townsville and the most destructive part of the cyclone is that big.

Crap man thats close
Man I am in no rush for it just whenever you have time
good luck with the cyclone

EF Futura factory 5 spd
Pacemaker 4480 w/ Redback cat back 2 1/2
RPD Rspec4 cam with Ported Head
RPD Rocker Gear
RPD MS2 ECU

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:13 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: XR6

ACT, Australia

Yeah I would be interested as well... I will be checking in everynow and then to see what progress has been made and what prices I am looking at.. But overall it sounds great.!

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR6

WA, Australia

tickford_6, i would be interested too especially if u can get them hpc coated. I will keep an eye out when you get some definates in prices etc. Cheers :D p.s. good luck with the cyclone!

5spd Heritage Green EL XR6. Wheels by ROH. Stereo by Clarion. Exhaust by Pacemaker & Lukey. Suspension by Whiteline, Durashock and K-Mac.

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL Falcon

VIC, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
HSVETAR wrote:
I was thinking more along the lines of about $100. Does anyone have the exact specs for it, cause i can get a boiler maker at work to make one up.

the stainless bends and straight pipe costs me more then that to buy.

Yea true..... :wink: well when some one finds out some prices of what they can get them for (not including JMM and Co.) It would be good to know. And even if the stainless pipe does get hot, the speed of the air going through it, the air wouldnt be in the pipe long enough to heat up would it?

EL 4.0, XR6 cam, Pacemaker extractors, 2.5" exhaust, 17" Advanti Racing Stalker Rims, Ultra Low King Springs, K&N Pannel filter, NOW MANUAL, 3.45:1 LSD

9.694 @ 75.38 MPH at Mildura Drag Strip 1/8 Mile

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL Fairmont

SA, Australia

We got them made here in SA a few years back for $110. This wasnt bends + welding, but mandrel bent 3" stainless pipe. We had 15people iirc, most exhaust shops would do a similar deal if they could gaurentee 10-20purchaces.

Soo many idiots. So few bullets

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ok guys have to some prices.

ok guys the stainless ones will be $190

no price on the mild ones yet as the suplier was closed today due to the cyclone.

on side note. if any one here is god with CAD programs like auto cad or turbo cad
and comes up with a logo to be added on a small badge that can be aranged at extra cost
the badge should be no bigger then then 4cm x 8cm. The logo would be laser cut and the badge welded to the pipe just befor the tb

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR6

WA, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:

no price on the mild ones yet as the suplier was closed today due to the cyclone.

on side note. if any one here is god with CAD programs like auto cad or turbo cad
and comes up with a logo to be added on a small badge that can be aranged at extra cost
the badge should be no bigger then then 4cm x 8cm. The logo would be laser cut and the badge welded to the pipe just befor the tb

Cool man, are you going to organise an official group buy of them or is your mate willing to make any amount for $190 a shot?

5spd Heritage Green EL XR6. Wheels by ROH. Stereo by Clarion. Exhaust by Pacemaker & Lukey. Suspension by Whiteline, Durashock and K-Mac.

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Kingkezza wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:

Cool man, are you going to organise an official group buy of them or is your mate willing to make any amount for $190 a shot?

yeah think it's fair to say there will be a group buy this time.

how about we start it at 10 for the $190 if we get more people then that i'll adjust price

i'll order what i need to make the first one and post up some pickswith in the next 10 working days (i hope it depends when my welder is back in town

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:18 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

So before this goes ahead..... is this 1 piece mandrel bent 3" stainless? Or is it mandrell bends tig wielded together?

EL 4.0, XR6 cam, Pacemaker extractors, 2.5" exhaust, 17" Advanti Racing Stalker Rims, Ultra Low King Springs, K&N Pannel filter, NOW MANUAL, 3.45:1 LSD

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

it's bends and straight TIG welded to gether.

i'll have one made with a few different looking welds ie: large bead dont with filler rod a medium bead and a flat weld (fuised together with no filler rod)

also open to sugestions on design, as it's for your car so you need to be happy with it.

the basic shape must stay. but i have seen a few different one about.

One peice from air box to TB
Some use a 2 piece design with the stock EL flex pipe used.
Some kink slightly just out of the air and go straight back to a 90 bend over to the engine.
Others use a straigh pipe out of the air box that runs at a slight angle back

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:37 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Some kink slightly just out of the air and go straight back to a 90 bend over to the engine.

I think this one would look the best. Are you going to make one of each and then post the pics of them to let us choose.

Also how do we pay for these???

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

i'll make the one with the kink out of the box to get a pic of it.
and i'll post up pics of the others as well, there are a few on here already.

payment i'll orginise with the buyers. but most likely direct deposit into my account

after the the different style has been posted we'll put it vote on wich one is made

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 7  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next