BA XT power 

Page 4 of 6 [ 87 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 2003 BA XT

Power: 141 rwkw

WA, Australia

Hey guys, I picked up my 2003 BA XT last tuesday and compared to an EF I used to drive I have found it noticeably punchier. Saying that though, I think the EF has a dodgy gearbox.

It's dead stock, and before I change that I'd like to run it on a dyno.
Problem is, I'm not sure where I could go, I'm in Perth and the only place I know is xSpeed and I think they charge a little too much.

So if anyone could recommend a dyno place north of the river, that would be great.

I'd be happy to post the dyno graph.

Attachments:
File comment: The XT
Img_0913.jpg
Img_0913.jpg [ 220.51 KiB | Viewed 123 times ]

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:23 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA XR8 Sedan or a potato gun

QLD, Australia

I've got a BA XT - and I have lowered mine, gotten 18x8.5's on her and stiffer suspension - I have noticed a much better take off having the stiffer suspension - she doesn't bog down in the rear end during take off...

I have noticed her handle alot better through cornering due to the lower suspension too...

But one you guys had it perfectly right, theres a trade off - Straight line speed, or handling... Which is more important? Are you're bulding her to take down the 1/4 mile?? Or are you looking for an everyday driver which has a bit of both, speed and handling... One other trade off that no-one mentioned though, you get her lowered, stiffened and bigger rims, be prepared to go through your tyres a little quicker... And get yourself the camber adjust kit. Make sure your front and rear bushes are good too...

Sadly "X-RATED" has been sold to my brother - no longer do I own my XT - but its a brief sadness!! I now have an XR8 and permanent boner - SCHWING!!

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT FALCON (2003)

QLD, Australia

I Noticed the same thing... but since i put on my CAI and extractor + Exhaust it has seemed to have evened out... she get's up and goes now...

My tyres have lasted ages... but then again they are cheapo sava things...

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BA XR6 TURBO

NSW, Australia

this is such a stupid question but whats CAI again

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT FALCON (2003)

QLD, Australia

Cold Air Intake..

It's all good mate we all have those lil things we forget

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:20 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Cold Air Intake

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

67RCE wrote:
Ken (QLD member) got 141.5rwkw with his DEAD STOCK BA XT at the dyno day yesterday

it made my extractors/exhaust/cold air/3.45 lsd seem pointless when i got 129.5rwkw.
for an extra 12kw i'd have to at least peg a cam in mine.
this is why i'm looking at a turb/boss next year.

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:08 am 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

[quote="Darkr"]
Problem is, I'm not sure where I could go, I'm in Perth and the only place I know is xSpeed and I think they charge a little too much.

So if anyone could recommend a dyno place north of the river, that would be great.

quote]

Darkr

NOR, there is Battens Performance (wangara), and BPT motorsport(wagara), and West Racing (Ossy Park).

Pick of the bunch for knowledge on your car is Battens. Although do not expect it to be cheap anywhere.

Start with an exhaust (do the whole thing with pacemakers, metal cat converter, and exhaust), also do the air intake mod available from a ford dealer.

THen DYNO you car, but remember in Perth the DYNO results can vary by as much as 35%.

West Racing has by far the most stingy dyno, where as Genie Exhaust in Myaree has one of the more generous ones.

After that, get a flash tuner with Battens generic tune or a custom tune.

Also, to get your exhaust there are MANY places that can do it... I had mine done at Ian Diffen (Tyre SHop) Balcatta and they (owner is Frank) are excellent.

Good luck.

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

Darkr wrote:
Hey guys, I picked up my 2003 BA XT last tuesday and compared to an EF I used to drive I have found it noticeably punchier. Saying that though, I think the EF has a dodgy gearbox.

I'd be happy to post the dyno graph.

I've had nothing but good things with APC Enhancements.. they have stores in Myaree, Wangara and in the city, and there's a dyno at their Wangara store too.

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 2003 BA XT

Power: 141 rwkw

WA, Australia

Awsome, thanks feebs and fnp for the advice.

I will look around for those places mentioned, I have only seen BPT motorsport out of the ones mentioned, and driven past it about 3 times lately, and it's still not open yet :)

I wanted to dyno it before I started modifying it to see what she does stock, and then what kind of a difference the mod's actually made.

The variation is something I'm kinda worried about, I was thinking of going to xspeed, being the only shootout acredited one in WA. But I think a run can be done for about half the price there, so I may go to the one of those in wangara as it is just around the corner from me also.

I'll post the graph once she's ran, as I'm planning on doing it soon.

Post subject: flash tuner on stock BA XT
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:18 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Hey Guys
I have a BA XT 02 model with kings suspension, tinted windows and 19' speedy rims. The car is very adequate stock but i am in the midst of looking for a bit more power. after a few calls i ran away the turbo or supercharger option when i found i would need +$10000.
.so at the moment ever one is talking capa flash computers, but i have been trying to find comments from someone who has had the work done to see if the difference in the car is worth the $$$ but most conversations are based around turbos and 8's
at the moment i am hearing approx $4000 for exhaust, airbox mods and flash tuner tuned to my car. if anyone has any advice/direction where i can get some feedback on the modifications please let me know

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

A flash tune is well worth it, but get all your mechanical modifications sorted first. That way you'll get the most out of a custom tune.

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:02 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

has anyone got quoted on a full pedders sports ryder suspension pakage, and with all the mods, exhaust + flash tune + cam. with all this done

would the cost be less than a XR6?

Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:12 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BA Falcon

SA, Australia

if you're just getting an exhaust and intake system mod don't even bother getting a tune. only worry about something like that when you make internal changes to the engine, aka, putting in a fairly decent sized cam, or redoing your fuel system.

but yeah, get all your mods done first and then get it tuned, that way you won't get it tuned to what you have at a certain point, and then add more stuff to it so it changes your setup, kinda making your tune redundant.

2002 BA XT: Painted calipers, K&N pod filter, Pioneer head unit, Fusion sub and amp, driving lights, spoiler, 19" rims, twin 2.25" exhaust with quad tips.

Soon to come... Pacemaker Extractors, supercharger.

Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:15 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BA Falcon

SA, Australia

Falcon-enthusiast wrote:
has anyone got quoted on a full pedders sports ryder suspension pakage, and with all the mods, exhaust + flash tune + cam. with all this done

would the cost be less than a XR6?

hmmm i reckon $1200 for full sport rydder, that's what i was quoted about a month ago, exhaust $300, extractors $500, cam $600, dunno bout flash tune, but dyno tuning $300-500.

so approx $3000.

2002 BA XT: Painted calipers, K&N pod filter, Pioneer head unit, Fusion sub and amp, driving lights, spoiler, 19" rims, twin 2.25" exhaust with quad tips.

Soon to come... Pacemaker Extractors, supercharger.

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 6  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next