Page 5 of 8 [ 108 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post subject: Re: cam for my set up???
Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: GREEN ED XR6

Power: 249 rwkw

QLD, Australia

about 175-200 for a wade regrind no mater the cam spec and about 400 "IF" you can get one that is!!

AU2 engine with Hoppers head/cam performance package & spool rods / CP pistons ,Snort 1200 plenum, T56 Manual & Billet short shifter, Front & Rear Slotted rotors, Pedders lowered suspension, LSD and tuned with EMS stinger 4424 347rwkw THE ED XR6 IS BOOSTED

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
this is s**t. this is why i cant stand these god damn forums. i correct you every time you mention that theres supposedly 20billion gearchanges before 100kph if you run 4.11's, so i correct you because your wrong, not to "get on your tits" but to give you some info, yet you have a f**k whinge instead and rave on that YOU STILL KNOW BETTER EVEN THOUGH YOU DONT RUN 4.11'S but that your right because a f**k GPS and and some made up calculations told you so

run the figures through any diff/gear/rpm ratio calculator then see for yourself. Hey maybe Mal Wood installed some 2.77's in my diff hey, maybe i have no f**k idea what im talking about, maybe i should just rip the speedo corrector outta my dash and run a GPS instead....

We agree on one thing then, that this is s**t. If you have an issue with someone having a differing opinion, then I guess public forums arn't going to be your forte. Your unwilling (or uncapable) to come to an understanding that there is something more than difference than just a ratio to get these different results. Your results are the only ones that are correct in your narrow minded world, and anyone elses that say anything different are rubbish. I have no problem you saying your results are different, I have a big issue with you calling me wrong, when I drove these results for 12 months, with no variation. If you would please keep your points, as ill directed as they are, within the realms of possibility, since I havnt been made aware of a 20 billion speed gearbox being fitted to any of the falcons of late. Your just pulling s**t out of thin air now, and its embarassing.
You get what you give here, its been civil up until now.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

your not listening, and nothing in your post just then backed up anything you claim

i took the time to run the figures through a diff/rpm/ratio calculator on the web, and post the results here as im not pulling s**t out of thin air...... and guess what, the results on the calculator EXACTLY match the results i get on the road. eg. calculator says 2300rpm @ 100kph in 0.68 overdrive with standard size tyres (205/65/15, 235/40/18)

http://www.angelfire.com/fl/procrastination/rear.html

5500rpm, 112kph , 2nd gear (1.45 ratio) with 4.11's, standard sized tyres

2300rpm, 100kph, overdrive (0.68 ratio) with 4.11's, standard sized tyres

after ive provided some sort of proof, its a hopeless case if you wont just move on and admit your wrong......... and i dont wanna hear excuses like your running some training wheel sized tyres on the rear affecting your reading or you would have mentioned that by now

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

lol 4.11s FTW!

XG Panelvan
mild engine, EL ECU & J3, HI6 & MSD coil

in the shed - .595" lift cam, GT4202, forged AU engine, ems 4424 ecu, glide & 5500 stall - next-bellhousing

XH ute daily - DOHC BA XR6 engine, T5, AU3 ECU, J3 chip, wideband & logger, ported BBM, 3" intake

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Cheers thanks for that, my car in 4th with my 3.08 gear ratio can get to 336k's at 5800rpm lol

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

Just a question about that calculator, my car - 3.45s, .72 5th gear, 25.5" wheels - it says at 100kph my car will be doing 2050rpm... but it does 2200rpm @ 100kmhr, and it says that with the original diff ratio of 3.23 I would be doing 1900rpm @100kph, where as it sat on 2000rpm?

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

krisisdog wrote:
Just a question about that calculator, my car - 3.45s, .72 5th gear, 25.5" wheels - it says at 100kph my car will be doing 2050rpm... but it does 2200rpm @ 100kmhr

dunno whats goin on there, i just checked my RPM's @ 100kph when i was running an EA T5 and 3.73 diff gears and it was spot on (2400pm) so has worked for me when i use it.

theres a couple variables as in ... did you fit he correct speedo cog for the gearbox? Also its interesting when i typed in a 0.78 5th gear (EA T5) for your intial query, it came up 2200rpm..... are you sure you dont have an EA T5 in your car, as if i remember correctly my EA T5 & original 3.23 diff gears was 2200rpm @ 100kph

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yeh its a std EF box. Speedo cog is original, I have a police cluster so I adjusted the speedo reading by 6% there (3.23/3.45).

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

its just that the rpm's seem a little high for the EF T5 with 3.45 gearing, like i mentioned my EA T5 and 3.73 diff was only 200rpm's more @ 100kph

didnt the futura have 3.08 diff, and the fairmont 3.23?

not doubting you, just trying to understand why its not adding up :)

gearbox-suspension-brake-driveline-f4/t5-owners-rpm-100kms-t46605.html

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

The diff in my car (factory manual) was definitely a 3.23, as was the diff in my mates EF Futura factory manual. All the futura's I've looked at have the 3.23 diff, dunno about gli's as I havent bothered looking at one. That other EF manual revved exactly the same as mine @100kph.
The document with diff gears needs an update.

Dunno what cog I have, would assume its the light green, but its really irrelevant as like I mentioned earlier, its been adjusted via the cluster to be spot on... perhaps the issue is that the difference between diffs is ~6%, not the 4.5 or 8.7% the different cogs give you?

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

how about we start a new topic on diff ratios rather than clog up this thread which is about cams...

now has anyone else noticed that the MPEFI equipped motors seem to be puIlling higher numbers when properly developed than the BBM motors....

I believe that there is a lot of restriction in the intake and exhaust systems on these motors...and the mpefi intake system is less restrictive, but still far from perfect (eg look at the runner lengths - probably optimised for around 3500rpm)

i wonder what sort of figures a triple webbered 4.0 with extractors and open exhaust would pull? and running 1673 - guessing 190rwkw

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

gogetta wrote:
how about we start a new topic on diff ratios rather than clog up this thread which is about cams...

yeah i did go off topic just a tad, but f**k it

theres like 20 threads started each week "i wont a tuff cam wit ruff lumpee idol"

no-one bothers searching anymore, and he's given f**k-all info on what 'suits his setup'.... does he plan on upgrading valve springs? Does he plan on high compression? Is he going to sort out custom tuning? Is it a daily driver? How much does he want to spend? What power is he looking at?

from what ive seen he just wants a big f**k off lumpy mutha cam not bothered if it makes power at all :lol:

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

from what i've read all he wants is a dyno figure and a quick car to 100kph...
brokyb8 had individual throttle bodies on this engine and it put out 170rwkw (approx)
which is why i find it hard to believe that you guys are throwing that figre around so much.

most holden V8s with mild cams only get around that figure. i cant see how a 4l 6 can get the same without huge comp and a huge cam with head work to suit

XG Panelvan
mild engine, EL ECU & J3, HI6 & MSD coil

in the shed - .595" lift cam, GT4202, forged AU engine, ems 4424 ecu, glide & 5500 stall - next-bellhousing

XH ute daily - DOHC BA XR6 engine, T5, AU3 ECU, J3 chip, wideband & logger, ported BBM, 3" intake

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

150rwkw is quite pathetic actually....there is a lot of potential in these motors...

fundamentally a good design just needs development...

im vaguely aware of the brockyb8 car...interested to see how ITB's go on these motors

the old 265 hemis could pull 400 fwhp with a triple weber setup

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

150rwkw from 157fwkw is pathetic from 15 odd year old cars? True....

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 8  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next