Fordmods Logo

curious on how quick a VP SS is... 

Page 3 of 4 [ 55 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:44 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EBII 2

NSW, Australia

yep there was a VS SS as well with just the normal v6, so you got the Suspension and everything minus 2 cyls and power lol

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: MY06 REX

WA, Australia

1 SLY 97EL wrote:
Your f**k joking aren't ya!! what is a best looking Commodore look like????????

check out my gallery :roll:

The Evil Strawberry

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:00 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XRGLi EF

WA, Australia

there are some nice commodores out there... my mate has a black VS SS manual it is immaculate..... he never gives it s**t... doesnt drive like a d***head either... which makes me give the car even more repsect... i would swap my EF any day for his car....... i think the main reason why there is a hatred for commodores his bcoz of the there is alot of young d***head in them

BA XR8 manual ute black

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:21 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EL XR6 with JMM Dev5, Manual

VIC, Australia

I know my EL XR6 Auto standard can beat a moded VT 5.0l SS Auto (MOD's being no CAT, 3 inch exharst and extractors).. My mum had my car and shes a ford fan, while my mum's B/F is a holden guy and they thought to have a drag @ the lights, My mum said she got a good start and pulled away quite quick, then he started to catch up, but then it was quite an even speed to the both of them, so mine won by a nose, then the cops pulled my mum over :lol: :lol: :lol:, she had to explain it was her sons car and she wante to teach her B/F a lesson, and she got out of it... :lol:

97 EL XR6, JMM DEV5 kit, Manual
162rwkw

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 1994 ED Ricer

WA, Australia

14.2 in a stock VS lol
These cars(VS 3.8) are weird some are sleepers some are slow. That one should run a mid to high 15. lOl i mean vt/vx down the drags with exhaust were doing low 16's.

can keep up with a VN SS 5.0 shift kit exhaust/extractors.
So they do a low 15... base it on that.
I guess VN would be faster coz its lighter too.

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:16 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 96 EF Futura

QLD, Australia

Daniel wrote:
In another Q, i got asked to drag a VS 3.8L commodore with extractors/zorst/3.63lsd/auto - just wondering how fast you think that'd be!
He tells me it does a 14.2 qtr mile however a few mates say hes full of s**t and the vs has been thrashed a lot.
I know its lighter and all, but has anyone had a run against em?
This drag would have money down too, between bout 8 ppl, might be interesting :)

Have you got anythikng done to your falcon? I raced a VS 3.8L ute, (so a fair bit lighter) In my EF with extractors, exhaust, bigger intake, sports filter, auto and shift kit. His vs from what i know had a body kit, 17"chromies, exhaust and extractors sounded like a F**k v8. May have been manual im not sure. But neways i was doing bout 55 up to the lights so was he so i could get back to first gear and he was slowly gaining me but once i hit near the end of second then into third he was not gonna catch me and i had a fairly easy win it suprised me cause i had 2 extra ppl in my car and he was just drivin by himself. I have flogged a couple of sedans and they didnt bother round the middle of second gear cause i was carlenghts in front by then. I must have a freak ef that breaks all the time :wink: and F**k injectors lol

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:11 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: au2

QLD, Australia

I know that with my standard au series 2 falcon, i whooped the a*** of my friends VT crapadore and he had extractors and a 2.5" exhaust.

I reckon there is something done to my car before i bought it, cause it sounds like its supercharged or something cause dosent sound like a normal au2..... anybody have any ideas??

"Press 'any key', where the hell is the any key!!!!!!!!!!!"

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:24 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Falcon

QLD, Australia

Quote:
Have you got anythikng done to your falcon? I raced a VS 3.8L ute, (so a fair bit lighter) In my EF with extractors, exhaust, bigger intake, sports filter, auto and shift kit. His vs from what i know had a body kit, 17"chromies, exhaust and extractors sounded like a F**k v8. May have been manual im not sure. But neways i was doing bout 55 up to the lights so was he so i could get back to first gear and he was slowly gaining me but once i hit near the end of second then into third he was not gonna catch me and i had a fairly easy win it suprised me cause i had 2 extra ppl in my car and he was just drivin by himself. I have flogged a couple of sedans and they didnt bother round the middle of second gear cause i was carlenghts in front by then. I must have a freak ef that breaks all the time and F**k injectors lol

hey menco,
as you already know i used to live in galdstone. Tell me more about this ute. Was it a black and silver ute with the vx kit on it. Have monster tacho and 5spoke gts copy chrome wheels?
Was the lad you were giving a chop wearing a hat or a council shirt?

I would like to know as my brother has a ute like this....

Anyway i flogged him by like 3 car lengths in my 5speed ef and he has a 5speed 3.8commie..

If you cant beat them, learn too.

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Gli/Sleeper

QLD, Australia

KTASTRPHE wrote:
1 SLY 97EL wrote:
Your f**k joking aren't ya!! what is a best looking Commodore look like????????

check out my gallery :roll:

Yeah well I would, if I could actually see your ride as the Pics are not loading when I go to see them :?: :? :? :?

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Last edited by 1 SLY 97EL on Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:38 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 96 EF Futura

QLD, Australia

fordness wrote:

hey menco,
as you already know i used to live in galdstone. Tell me more about this ute. Was it a black and silver ute with the vx kit on it. Have monster tacho and 5spoke gts copy chrome wheels?
Was the lad you were giving a chop wearing a hat or a council shirt?

I would like to know as my brother has a ute like this....

Anyway i flogged him by like 3 car lengths in my 5speed ef and he has a 5speed 3.8commie..

Nah mate this was a blue ute cant remmeber what the bodykit looks like. But he now has a bonnet scoop thats got flames painted on it lol its pretty lame.

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

yeah i must admit im not a commodore hater, \

what i hate is commodore six cylinders with sports pipes and chrome rims, that apparantly will woop anything, and people who drive em like f**k morons. I know a guy who has another VP SS, a red one, and its just had some form of performance engine rebuild, and god help anyone who tries this thing, it sounds like a supercar.

Also the guy i work with just bought a VU SS manual ute, pacemakers, 3 inch dual pipes, and f**k me, those things are fast (even a standard one we test drove f**k hammered!) Thats a car i would bow down to and not even bother tryin to drag, it puts u in your seat something chronic and leaves u with a very large smile
And also looks real nice, hyper yellow, SV99 clubby rims, guy lives in mornington.

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 175 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Snow_white wrote:
Hey hyena you ran a 14.8 with the 136rwkw set up what do you run with the new set up? Or havn't you trialed it out properly.
Nah haven't run or even dyno'd it yet as it's only got 1500km on the new engine. I'll be sure to start a thread to let everyone know after I get out to WSID though :)

Might even try and organise a FM WSID day ?
We could all chip in and buy a set of communal slicks. :lol:

ImageImage

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:06 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ED futura

WA, Australia

When the clutch drops the bull s**t stops!!! Instead of talkn about beating him... Just beat him!

It puts the lotion on its skin.. or else it gets the hose again!

Last edited by NOCLAF on Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:38 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: VU SS

NSW, Australia

Have to agree with you mrnasty. Hate the V6 commodores, that's what my mum drives and it's s**t. Sounds horrible and goes crap.

Dad's drives a VX SS, and the f**k thing flies and he hasn't had a single problem with it apart from the distance to empty thing lying lol....

EF Fairmont now Sold!
Guides: Polishing|Modifications |Manual Conversion

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

voxace wrote:
...Dad's drives a VX SS, and the f**k thing flies and he hasn't had a single problem with it apart from the distance to empty thing lying lol....

That problem was a recall on the vx..
If you havnt, take it holden and they will take your fuel tank out and replace the tank sensor; my mates old vx had the prob, one day we went out and he was getting AWESOME fuel economy, too good to be true, and it was as the car ended conking out 10min later lmao! 8-)

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next