Fordmods Logo

EBII GLi Cruise 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: EBII GLi Cruise
Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:40 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EBII GLi

VIC, Australia

I recently purchased the cruise set up from an ED Fairmont to install in my EBII GLi. I had various bits of advice from people, like the speed controller is already in my car, and so forth. I have the vacuum pump installed (I found the plug for it), the actuator, cable and brake switch. Also I have installed an ED fairmont steering wheel with cruise control buttons. But I have no speed controller under my console, nor can I find the wiring loom to add one. Has anyone actually done this and can give me some advice? Thanks.

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:49 pm 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

The speed controller lives under the center console, nearest the firewall end on the drivers side. Have a good hunt around for wiring, im pretty sure it was on most models?!

Anyhow, I have a speed controller to suit 6cyl EB if interested (leftover from V8 conversion)

Cheers

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:12 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EBII GLi

VIC, Australia

Thanks for the reply. I have a different center console setup to the models that came with cruise. The box doesn't actually seperate and come out without taking the whole thing off, which I have done. I have a speed controller, but thanks for the offer. I have taken both fronts seats out and the carpet, wiring no where to be seen. Guess I have one of those odd models. Its is a quite early EBII, built 11/92 so maybe thats why its not there. I'm going to try and find the info to wire the controller in myself, I know it can be done I have seen this set up on an EA.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]