Fordmods Logo

EF oxygen sensor 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: EF oxygen sensor
Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:03 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 46

Posts: 135

Joined: 9th Jan 2005

Ride: Falcon

Location: Adeliaide
SA, Australia

what the avarge price am i looking at for the oxygen sensor for my ef falcon
i dont know if it's the reason that my ef runs rough after start
so i will have to get one and see if it helps
Ive changed the plugs and leads
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:15 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 43

Posts: 2705

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 Sedan

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

It wont be the oxy sensor as they dont start working until after a minute. Have you looked into the Intake Air Temp sensor (IAT) they can get a build up of oil on them. Take it out and try cleaning it. Its located just below the throttle body.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 108

Posts: 927

Joined: 27th Sep 2007

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

$50 roughly, if the 02 sensor hasnt been changed since you have owned the car i would change it.

 

_________________

165 Killer Wasps all packaged in a green kmart car, almost an explorer in a way...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:53 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 46

Posts: 135

Joined: 9th Jan 2005

Ride: Falcon

Location: Adeliaide
SA, Australia

It runs fine after about 5 mins or i boot it
i also changed the fuel filter thinking it was that
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 53

Posts: 1072

Joined: 6th Jul 2006

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA Falcon

Power: 106 rwkw

Location: Craigmore
SA, Australia

joolz wrote:
It wont be the oxy sensor as they dont start working until after a minute. Have you looked into the Intake Air Temp sensor (IAT) they can get a build up of oil on them. Take it out and try cleaning it. Its located just below the throttle body.


Its an EF not a AU they dont have it there

Check O2 sensor and Map sensor on firewall

 

_________________

2003 BA Falcon Egas Taxi Pack - XR Replica
Tpak MKII Build Thread

1984 ZL Fairlane
The Project

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:49 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 231

Joined: 4th Jan 2008

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EF Futura

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Bursons told me $85 for an EF oxy sensor.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 1833

Joined: 3rd May 2007

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

Location: South Coast
NSW, Australia

i have the same problem in my ea the only sensors in the car that aren't new are the map and the oxy. the oxy needs time to warm up but if the map was phuked then it wouldn't be just an intermittant problem would it ? unless the computer is constantly compensating for it. my falc is an absolute slurry to drive for the first 5 minutes off cold start. only sorting itself out under WOT like Al's usually resulting in (due to the sudden increase in efficiency also add the cranky factor) loud sideways action in the suburbs early in the morning which in a small town isn't so good so close to my house.

 

_________________

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: oxygen sensor
Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:17 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 59

Posts: 39

Joined: 8th Dec 2004

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ef xr falcon

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

im trying to pinpoint an idle problem with my efxr
oxygen sensor came up as posibility,so got a quote(sit down)
$221.09 + gst quote from ford on 3 nov 2008
If you can get them for the price your quoting ,PLEASE tell me where?
currently trying E bay....thanks Trev
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3363

Joined: 27th Dec 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

Location: G town
VIC, Australia

low_ryda wrote:
i have the same problem in my ea the only sensors in the car that aren't new are the map and the oxy. the oxy needs time to warm up but if the map was phuked then it wouldn't be just an intermittant problem would it ? unless the computer is constantly compensating for it. my falc is an absolute slurry to drive for the first 5 minutes off cold start. only sorting itself out under WOT like Al's usually resulting in (due to the sudden increase in efficiency also add the cranky factor) loud sideways action in the suburbs early in the morning which in a small town isn't so good so close to my house.


could be a mechanical issue amongst a hundred other things

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: oxygen sensor
Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 49

Posts: 763

Joined: 5th Nov 2005

Ride: EF Fairmont

Location: oberon
NSW, Australia

txrev6 wrote:
im trying to pinpoint an idle problem with my efxr
oxygen sensor came up as posibility,so got a quote(sit down)
$221.09 + gst quote from ford on 3 nov 2008
If you can get them for the price your quoting ,PLEASE tell me where?
currently trying E bay....thanks Trev


A friend was quoted $165 or there about through autopro at bathurst last week and I thought that was too much.

 

_________________

ef fairmont ghia 5.0L
classy cruiser

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 61

Posts: 437

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

Ride: EL GHIA

Location: adelaide
SA, Australia

i got mine of ebay - genuine ford - $55
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 50

Posts: 504

Joined: 2nd Dec 2006

Ride: EF wagoon

Location: perth
WA, Australia

i got mine from repco. I think it was about $85.00.

 

_________________

EF GLi Wagoon
Grandpa Spec

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:31 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 43

Posts: 2705

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 Sedan

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

AU99 wrote:

Its an EF not a AU they dont have it there

Check O2 sensor and Map sensor on firewall


I dont own an AU but i do own an EL which have the same BBM as the EF. I have replaced my IAT snsor ($36 from Repco) and Oxy sensor ($60 from Repco) THe oxy sensor only improved my economy but not rough idle when cold, the IAT sensor fixed that. But after taking it out i realised it was wet with oil and it can be cleaned. To gain easy access to the IAT sensor its best to remove the throttle body. It costs nothing to clean so its worth a try first. Ive added a pic of the sensor and descriptions of IAT, MAP and HEGO (Oxy) sensors.

 

 

Attachments:
Sensor Description EF-EL.jpg
Sensor Description EF-EL.jpg [ 104.04 KiB | Viewed 4711 times ]
AIT Sensor EF-EL.jpg
AIT Sensor EF-EL.jpg [ 61.14 KiB | Viewed 4694 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:06 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 108

Posts: 927

Joined: 27th Sep 2007

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

I did say roughly 50. dont get one from ford. ring around.
I think i paid about 60-70 for mine from coventrys.

 

_________________

165 Killer Wasps all packaged in a green kmart car, almost an explorer in a way...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:46 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 46

Posts: 135

Joined: 9th Jan 2005

Ride: Falcon

Location: Adeliaide
SA, Australia

Cheers guys i will try these ideas and post back how it goes
is it hard to remove the AIT Sensor
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:20 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names