EL dynoed today 

Page 5 of 5 [ 66 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 5:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

have added my graph to my gallery as i don't know how to post it in here. mine was done in 3rd as opposed to hornets in 4th but it seems to dip in the same spot. obviously characteristic of the ford i6.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII XR6 Turbo

SA, Australia

Hmm i have about 4 dyno graphs from last FM/Eseries dyno day, i have all the LPG ones tryin to find the ones that were done on PLUP i will post em up as well. :)

*Okay the last run i did on LPG which only gave me 112.4rwkw the dyno sheet has been added to the gallerey*

Image -BF MKII XR6 Turbo in EGO-

Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Futura

SA, Australia

prydey wrote:
have added my graph to my gallery as i don't know how to post it in here. mine was done in 3rd as opposed to hornets in 4th but it seems to dip in the same spot. obviously characteristic of the ford i6.

What mods do you have there? that is very nice! That dip in the power is the BBM switching from long intake runners (for low down torque) to short intake runners (for high end power).

5 Speed EL Futura
Stock as a rock*
A1 Oils - Synthetic lubricants: www.a1oils.com.au
* A rock that has been Alted

Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 10:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

full exhaust is only mod that i can be positive about. i have also had the head done(like most e series owners) and the guy made a comment that it was fairly warped and had to be shaved quite a bit. it now pings on anything less than 98 ron. i only ever feed her bp ultimate. i have only ever had it on rpm's dyno and only once for a couple of runs so would like to eventually give it a run somewhere else to compare results. with bonnet up and airbox popped open it got 135. they quoted me 190 for adjustable fuel pressure reg. to lean it out a bit top end but according to what i've read on here the ecu just re learns/overides. i don't understand the electronic side of things as much as i'd like but i gather its not as easy as bolting in adjustable fuel pressure reg.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Post subject: equal
Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:27 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: falcon

QLD, Australia

just want to comment on xr8 debat just because 1 had 180rwk and the other had 200rwk dont mean s**t.C on paper 1 has more power than the other but you cant really compare them on the track either because niether driver is the same either i.e reaction time for the quarter.

Post subject: Re: equal
Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Futura

SA, Australia

ice-man wrote:
just want to comment on xr8 debat just because 1 had 180rwk and the other had 200rwk dont mean s**t.C on paper 1 has more power than the other but you cant really compare them on the track either because niether driver is the same either i.e reaction time for the quarter.

I was never comparing dyno charts to track times. Just pointing out that 190's is acceptable for a stock xr8.

5 Speed EL Futura
Stock as a rock*
A1 Oils - Synthetic lubricants: www.a1oils.com.au
* A rock that has been Alted

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 5  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5