EL High Revs Leaking Oil 

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: EL High Revs Leaking Oil
Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

thanks m8

hoping its just the TPS as it has a great vacuum on the throttle body i know all to well bloody sucking my hand into it i dont advise that at all lol

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:33 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

i would now be checking the pcv and hose, unplug the isc..
i doubt it would be the tps, the tps alone wont make it rev that high.
the tps sensor will tell the ecu the throttle is open, but without the air flow it wont rev..

so that tells me there is air entering the manifold from somewhere...

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

thing is i checked the vacums and couldnt find any air holes i even resealed suspect hoses

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:25 pm 

NSW, Australia

did you un plug the isc(idle speed controler)???

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

yes made a little difference but not enough

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:16 pm 

NSW, Australia

Fordsrule174 wrote:
now the idle still needs to be fixed after much reading and googling i believe i have the answer
as i couldnt find a single problem with vacuums
and when i put my hand over the throttle body it f**k sucked my hand in and the idle went down alot but i couldnt cover the whole throttle body 100% as some was going through my hand but the butterfly is closed

just reading this makes me think the butterfly is not closed enough,or the isc is stuck open..
if it was fully closed where is the vacuum coming from to suck your hand in at such a rate??..

you must have tiny hands if you cant completely cover the throttle body... :lol:

something else to try, look inside the throttle body and at the top there is a hole about the size of a 5 cent piece, that is the air bypass hole for the isc, now with the engine running put your finger over that hole, dont worrie it wont suck your finger in much..lol and if the idle drops down the isc is the problem...

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

the butterfly is as closed as it gets metal to metal

i was wondering if its possible for the ISC to get stuck open actually but thought it was a stupid idea

instead of putting my finger on the line ill swap it with a working isc i have my hand almost fully covers the hole almost and ya my hands are small im a really skinny little fella and my hands can collapse in on them selves (part of being double jointed i think never found another person that can do it) i think they were collapsing in on themselves but i didn't concentrate on that

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:45 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Ford Longreach Ute OutBack

NSW, Australia

Ever thought about using an old fashioned vacuum gauge?An engine in good condition at sea level should read between 18 - 21 inches of mercury on the scale.Any deviation will tell you a specific problem.

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

never heard of a vacuum gauge ill see if dad has one

Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

he left the car over at his pops and he started pulling it apart and now i know whats wrong a crack in the intake manifold gasket were hoping to get it back together today :)

Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 92 EB s

NSW, Australia

winner.haha.
Good luck with it make.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2