Fordmods Logo

EL motor into Xh van, wont start. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: EL motor into Xh van, wont start.
Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:31 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: xh panelvan

ACT, Australia

Hi All, not sure if this is the right spot but I'm sure one of the mods will move it if its wrong.
Sorry to come here and leech info of you guys, but my van won't go!

So, long story short, old motor died in the a***, got an EL wagon wreck with a good motor, and put the motor and box in my van.

Everything bolted up no problems and all of the engine bay wiring between the 2 cars seemed the same, but she just wont turn over.

UPDATE

Ok, just a quick update, after talking to the local wrecker he says put a good battery in it, wind down a window, put eh key in and turn to the on position, leave it for half an hour and all will be good.

Well, no it still doesn't start.

I even went to the hassle of randomly mapping a handful of wires from the black square connector on top of the manifold to the injectors and dizzy and stuff just to see if the 2 engines wiring looms were the same, which they seems to be.

The original computer in the xh van is a eec IV and the EL motor had a eec V
I have tried both computers
The XH motor appears to have what you folk in the know call a log manifold ( throttle body low and at the front )
The EL motor has the BBM manifold ( throttle body high and in the middle )

The old motor in the van was on gas, the gas kit was an abortion, real rough wiring, so I painstakingly removed it and reconnected the wires to original spec, as far as I could see.

I'm fairly confident the wiring is OK, I am a sparkie by trade, but not the auto type unfortunately...

When I try to start the car, I can hear the fuel pump come on for a few seconds, the thermos spin up for a second or 2 and a few relays click under the radiator filler.
On the dash, the smart lock light goes out, and the hand brake light ( I think ) comes on.

The interior light is working, the keyless entry fob seems to not be working, I did replace the battery, but it still doesn't work.

UPDATE

I got the keyfob from the EL working on the XH by following this guide

ford-interior-f14/another-solution-for-xh-smartlock-programming-t68812.html

Also, The EL had cruise, I removed the actuator thing from near the brake master on the EL and put in on the XH, it bolts straight up, and the loom for it was already in the XH.

I grabbed the buttons of the steering wheel in the EL and put them into the wheel on the XH, is there anything else I need to do to make cruise work?

Thank you all,
Cheers Therapy

Post subject: Re: EL motor into Xh van, wont start.
Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:21 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: XH ute xr6

QLD, Australia

Hey mate,

does the engine have spark? does it seem to want to crank over? or nothing at all?

Thanks
Heidi

Post subject: Re: EL motor into Xh van, wont start.
Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:28 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL XR6

ACT, Australia

off topic but u wouldnt be dan the muso ?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]