el or au motorinto a eb. advice NEEDED 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: el or au motorinto a eb. advice NEEDED
Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:08 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: falcon eb

WA, Australia

hey guys

well after doing the t5 onversion a few months ago i now need to give the go power a bit of attention .

currentlyi have got a eb motor with paceys hi flow and full2.5 zorst with stage 2 cam. she goes ok but isknockingbad forabout 1 year now lol if not more

so im currently looking at updateing the motorto a el fairmont or and au . whats the easiest way to go .

will a au motor fit straight in or will i have to modifi the k frame. ? if thats true then id rather passon that idea. also if the au motor would go straight in fine i would need to run a new comp right . having a t5 in there now will it bolt straight on and also i can see it wouldbe hard to find a non auto au comp ?

if i was to run a el motor what would i need to look at changing to get it in ? a/c, p/s alternator etc.. ? just after as much infobe for i go out buyin.

but i need to do something really soon as shee's leeking a bit of oil waterp/s fluidthe works.

cheeres fo nehelpguys just tryinto way up all my options..

ps: sorry if this is confusing im in a rush to go out .

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Hilux

VIC, Australia

you have a few options which have been covered fairly well.

basically the easy option is an EL motor will bolt straight in with your accessories if you wanted. or you could use the serpintine setup though you would have to run thermo fans then.

or just do up your eb motor. depending on how much power you want. a small head job and a cam should do it.

Now driving a Hilux

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:47 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

all ready have thermos in so thats not a prob.

well i know a bbm with a el comp will give me a bit more power and with this eb knocking pretty bad think it wouldbe cheaper to go for a motor swap then maybe do the eb motor up later.

ifi could find a el fairmont motor with all exsilliries p/s a/c alternator etc it should bolt straight in right ? the only thing im not sure about iswhat comp to use.i guess i would have to run a el comp . butrunning a t5 how an i get around this ? just the resistor trick?

oh yeh back on the aircon i dont mind regasing it as i need to neway. will the hose lines and everything match upto the el ?

Attachments:
motor.jpg
motor.jpg [ 322.73 KiB | Viewed 99 times ]

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: Fairlane NC

VIC, Australia

look at the 6cyl forums FAQ sticky. they have a "will an X engine fit into a Y car" thread

ben

NC Fairlane Ghia. AU engine. Pacemaker 4499. 2.5" Redback Zorst, tints, red dash. 17in ba xr (e-series). Suzuki Across (suzi) Sexy in Black

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:59 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

lol i use to call my ar silver bullet yuears ago had a sticker over the front window and all lol also use to have the username silver bullet

funny that

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: Fairlane NC

VIC, Australia

HaZZa wrote:
lol i use to call my ar silver bullet yuears ago had a sticker over the front window and all lol also use to have the username silver bullet

funny that

lol thats awesome ... only thing is its not much of a bullet at the moment. more like a silver slug (esp with a stuffed motor)

NC Fairlane Ghia. AU engine. Pacemaker 4499. 2.5" Redback Zorst, tints, red dash. 17in ba xr (e-series). Suzuki Across (suzi) Sexy in Black

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA Falcon

Power: 106 rwkw

SA, Australia

EL motor would be a straight drop in, can use same manifolds that you have now to get your car running and then change to BBM manifold etc when you get all the gear sourced. Thats what I would do anyway

2003 BA Falcon Egas Taxi Pack - XR Replica
Tpak MKII Build Thread

1984 ZL Fairlane
The Project

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]