Fordmods Logo

Electric Supercharger? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Electric Supercharger?
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

New Zealand

TheKrazeD wrote:
Just posting a report on this.

No noticeable power increase when I activated the 12,000 rpm fan (probably due to torque limiting and s**t). But the air filter that it's housed in, does give me a slight power increase and the engine runs a lot smoother and sounds better when being revved. Some heads have turned with dumb looks on their faces lol

Overall, I think I'll just disconnect it and just let the fans that are in it spin with the natural airflow for now. Maybe later once I've done some mods I might switch it on and see if it actually does anything other than make a loud noise lol

s**t i hope you are kidding...

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

XFWAGON wrote:
TheKrazeD wrote:

No noticeable power increase when I activated the 12,000 rpm fan (probably due to torque limiting and s**t). But the air filter that it's housed in, does give me a slight power increase and the engine runs a lot smoother and sounds better when being revved. Some heads have turned with dumb looks on their faces lol

Overall, I think I'll just disconnect it and just let the fans that are in it spin with the natural airflow for now. Maybe later once I've done some mods I might switch it on and see if it actually does anything other than make a loud noise lol

Hopefully he's just a really good s**t.

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:43 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: '98 XH2 XR6 ute

WA, Australia

XFWAGON wrote:

+1 :?

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: EF Falcon

SA, Australia

I wanna see photos! i need proof!

Falcon Build http://www.fordmods.com/post1285079.html#p1285079

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:45 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

SA, Australia

I think the thing that everyone is (rightly) bagging out are the `turbo zet' style of thing, which are basically computer fans, which obviously won't do anything - however....I have heard in a few different websites talk of a system that supposedly works... see http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/0406t ... index.html

Now before you tear me to shreds I'm not suggesting its a goer but it involves heavy duty alternators, batteries etc. and when you think about it, if a regular belt driven supercharger works, why shouldn't a heavy duty alternator (s) which store, then deliver, that power to run an electric blower work? Again, I'm not suggesting it does or it doesn't but the figures quoted, if true, are relatively impressive (I think I'd still rather get an ordinary belt driven blower but hey, just putting it out there...)

Oh, and on the leaf blower idea, it HAS been done a few times - there's a mustang on bangshift.com that has this but I gotta say it looks very dodgy...

Anyway, please remember I'm just adding to a basically silly conversation - I don't endorse this idea!!

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

the only possible way that you might have a SLIGHT very very slight chance a electronic supercharger will work is like the bloke tom knight designed, he uses it as a alternative to NOS, however the kit is more expensive then NOS and weights allot more. if you want to electronically supercharge your car, it can be done no doubt about that, buy a huge motor and s**t load of battery's add about 300+kgs, to the car which will give your about the same or less performance then non electronic supercharged. if you want your car to be electronically supercharged, sit around drink a beer and wait 20 years for the tech to be their. if you want power just turbo or belt supercharge it.

what people do not realize until told is that your engine sucks in a s**t load of air, 4L per cycle, now at 4k rpm thats a hell of a lot of air, how the hell is a little 12v dc motor suppose to supply that amount of air, let alone add more to it to cause boost

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

Don't rip on me for this. I just tested it to see if it actually does anything, and no it doesn't. Yet I still get more throttle response and and the engine is running smoother due to the fact that it's still a custom air intake, so it's working a lot better than the basic air filter that does next to nothing.

In the end, I've disconnected it and don't use it.

All I have to do now is get my f**k car running again... f**k head units gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ,,|,,

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

to be perfectly honest this I can see being more a prius way of thinking, e.g. storing excess energy in batteries, then releasing to run a motor to give it more performance etc.

e.g. hybrid, but frankly they usinga whoping great electric motor, that makes a small light car way a f**k more, but obvisously a more substantail gain, frankly, maybe something of the concept could work but would require, a much more metric f**k of R&D. e.g. in no f**k way worth pursue at this stage IMO, maybe if they could produce a better form of power storage, maybe even a way to build hybrid, icorparating pow storage into the structual integrity.

I know this isn't exactly how priuses work, but the idea of hasving a beefed up secondary propultion,or in this case, more so, auxilary power, but sdtill has underlying principals the same, but hey, who gives a f**k, no substitute for cubic inches IMO.

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

TheKrazeD wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Are you for real?
Did you seriously go and buy one to test it?
You should have bought 4 of those 20bhp chips off ebay, maybe thats why it didnt work properly. With 4 of those and the electric supercharger you should easily pick up 100bhp guaranteed.

...some people...

LOW, LOUD AND LUMPY

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:03 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

TheKrazeD wrote:
Because 4 x 20 = 100.... f**k retard, go back to school. I really don't care about spending $80 on a pay day to test a theory....

nice one.. you reported the thread.. then you break forum guidlines by abusing someone in the report reason..

it looks like your the retard..
look at what your doing... im sick of getting reported posts from retarded people that constantly press report instead of reply.. :evil:

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

I reported the thread :? ??

Not really abusing when someone can't do simple math... just saying.

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

4 x chips + electric supercrapper = 100 bhp.
Go reread my post.

LOW, LOUD AND LUMPY

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2