Extractors 

Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: Extractors
Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:31 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Lookin for a EB or ED fairmont

SA, Australia

Relax man, i was just saying that the heat sheald would hide it away but if you have a shiny one cops'll look in to it a bit.

And my car wont smoke up beacause of the f**k throttle cable it's goes off its face if i pull the cable my self. So just ease up a bit aii

Car got Crushed
R.I.P EB Fairmont 05/06/2010

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:55 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: ED falcon gli - XR6 replica

ACT, Australia

mate if you get extractors like paccies that come blue and scream MOD. then get header spray and paint the thing black and no one will know the diff. or as troyman said play dumb and said you bought it like that. or if they say hmm they look new say you had an exhuast leak fixed for rego and all you know is it cost you $400 to fix it and you dont know what was fixed or replaced.

heat shield would cover about 30% of the extractors IF that. why bother.
i think somebody should be read and taking in infomation and not talking like a crazy pro who knows everything

Ford ED Falcon Gli, T5 conv, Twinlight lights, exedy sports tuff clutch, modified EA front grill, ED XR6 complete interior, 19" speedy graphites, monroe gt shocks, kingspring superlows, CAI, ported tickford head, 3:45 LSD.
Soon: paccies, custom centre console

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

Definitely put the stock heat shield back over it!
You get the benefit of the actual heatshield, as well as it covers the TOP 1/3 of the extractors, which is what you see when you open the bonnet and look in.
p****d'N'broke you completely missed the point, STFU. cantskidboy also missed the point, dont worry.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:14 pm 
Smokin em up

ACT, Australia

i didnt miss the point either mate. from what im aware most extractors dont come with the thread holes etc to fit a heat shield too? also if someones having a good look at the engine then you'll see 60% of blue pacemaker hanging out the a** end of the head shield. i was talking about consealing the extractors not engine bay temp benifits etc so you sir miss my point, so STFU yourself. i didnt attack you so beat it

Ford ED Falcon Gli, T5 conv, Twinlight lights, exedy sports tuff clutch, modified EA front grill, ED XR6 complete interior, 19" speedy graphites, monroe gt shocks, kingspring superlows, CAI, ported tickford head, 3:45 LSD.

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:24 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

well here is a pic of my engine bay..
im using the factory au3 heat shield over my pacemaker extractors its mounted to the bolts as factory..
its not there to hide them its there to help with heat...
Attachment:
DSC01732.JPG
DSC01732.JPG [ 321.85 KiB | Viewed 109 times ]

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:28 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Lookin for a EB or ED fairmont

SA, Australia

See thats exaclty what im on about, Keep it like that cops wont even think twice(exept if cops see a supercharger on P Plate car ur fuked)

Car got Crushed
R.I.P EB Fairmont 05/06/2010

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

p****d'N'broke wrote:
i didnt miss the point either mate. from what im aware most extractors dont come with the thread holes etc to fit a heat shield too? also if someones having a good look at the engine then you'll see 60% of blue pacemaker hanging out the a** end of the head shield. i was talking about consealing the extractors not engine bay temp benifits etc so you sir miss my point, so STFU yourself. i didnt attack you so beat it

I dont care if you didnt 'attack' me, your sprouting s**t, and even worse having a go at someone else doing the same thing!
They dont need 'thread holes', they use the same holes as they always did. I fitted the standard heatshield over a set of 4499s just the other day when I put them on my old's car.
Troymans picture shows 100% what I'm saying, which is that you dont know s**t. They conceal extractors VERY well.

Quote:
i think somebody should be read and taking in infomation and not talking like a crazy pro who knows everything
Take your own advice! Maybe you should open your bonnet every once in a while :wink:

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:06 pm 
Smokin em up

ACT, Australia

if i looked under my bonnet i would see a stock exhuast manifold with heatshield so yeh i wouldnt see any extractors. like i said "FROM WHAT IM AWARE, MOST EXTRACTORS DONT HAVE THREAD HOLES" which it appears i was wrong and they do have them, but i didnt say I KNOW FOR A FACT! sorry i called them 'thread holes' and didnt call an exhaust shop and ask what exactly they call the mounting points for a heatshield on headers. yes troymans car has a very nice heatshield and yes from that angle you cant see any exhaust componants but all im saying is that if the bonnet was up and someone was standing on the drivers side with their head under the bonnet im sure they would see a fair amount of exhaust going past where the engine number/bellhousing is located.
krisisdog wrote:
Quote:
Take your own advice! Maybe you should open your bonnet every once in a while

im not talking complete s**t like others but i do offer my professional opinion. i am a fully qualified mechanic and rego inspector so i do know enough. my knowledge of Fords is limited as im a certified VW and Nissan mechanic, though i have worked on a handfull in the past and only now am i getting more exposure to them now i own 3.

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
im using the factory au3 heat shield over my pacemaker extractors its mounted to the bolts as factory..
Attachment:
DSC01732.JPG

I noticed your blow-off valves are vented to the atmosphere.....not legal.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Oh dear, you're a qualified mechanic? Okay, seriously now, have a look at the heatshield on your car.
It does have mounting points yes, but its not what you're referring to. They use the bolt used by the extractors to hold them into place, usually the first, last, and 4th. Clearly you have no experience in this particular exercise, so you should not comment on, and try and back your comments up by what you 'think'.
4499s are 3-2-1 headers; the shield covers the top, and you only see 2 pipes run down to the cat. They are fairly well concealed, you can stop denying that fact.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:37 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

The stock heat shields mount across the top line of bolts that hold the extractors on. They also bolt to the factory manifold on two tapped holes further down the manifold.

No extractors dont have the tapped holes in them, but that does not mean that you cant bolt the heat shield on using the top mounting bolts only.

Troy did you do anything to attach the heat shield at the bottom, or is it just sitting there?

Cheers

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:43 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 1997 Ford Falcon GLI Sapphire

NSW, Australia

So when i get my extractors put on i ask them to put a heat shield on (old or new).

Going in on Tuesday to get them done.

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:46 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

cjh wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:
Attachment:
DSC01732.JPG

I noticed your blow-off valves are vented to the atmosphere.....not legal.

yes i know.. im in the process of plumbing them back to the intake!! :)

XR-Lane wrote:
The stock heat shields mount across the top line of bolts that hold the extractors on. They also bolt to the factory manifold on two tapped holes further down the manifold.

No extractors dont have the tapped holes in them, but that does not mean that you cant bolt the heat shield on using the top mounting bolts only.

Troy did you do anything to attach the heat shield at the bottom, or is it just sitting there?

Cheers

no iits not attached at the bottom.. the au shield is fairly ridged and dont move or vibrate.

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:49 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Jason_EL wrote:
So when i get my extractors put on i ask them to put a heat shield on (old or new).

Yes, that would be fine mate. But you would be best to go to a wreckers first and get one like TROYMANS from an AU Falcon, and ask them to fit it while fitting the extractors.

As they are made out of a flexible material, and can be manipulated fit around the extractors nicely. Not sure what EL heat shields are like, they may be OK for the job too.

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

XR-Lane wrote:
Jason_EL wrote:

Yes, that would be fine mate. But you would be best to go to a wreckers first and get one like TROYMANS from an AU Falcon, and ask them to fit it while fitting the extractors.

As they are made out of a flexible material, and can be manipulated fit around the extractors nicely. Not sure what EL heat shields are like, they may be OK for the job too.

EF/EL are not flexible like the AU's.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next